can i study this at home

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

silverphoenixwillow

can i study this at home

Post by silverphoenixwillow » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:28 pm

I am very curious about this healing art
I was wondering if it is plausible,,or possible,,to learn this your self at home.....like  home schooling..My work is very demanding,,,and my hours are crazy, so it would be impossible for me to try to find a master,,as i  travel alot....i have found alot of web resources on reiki healing,,,
if it is possible....how should i start?
how much time should i allow myself,,,,between each level,
how do i know if i'm really doing it right?
all imput is grateful
MUCH LOVE
BB)o(LOVE AND LIGHT

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:48 am

Hi,

Some people do offer attunements and such via distance.  I have never experienced this myself so can not tell you the pros and cons.

I although did my reiki with two Masters.  We all met in a room for two days for level one and then a few months later for level two.
Level one adn two have very distinct energy levels.  Most find the first one very liberating and comforting a nice light energy.  then I have found when progressing onto level two that it is a deeper stronger energy level one that makes you live 'Reiki'
Level one requires a 21 day helaing after so that you can efectively tune your body into the energy.

I dont believe reiki should ever be used as a money making scheme and that Reiki can not be effectedly used if this is the sole purpose.  Reiki is a way of life you end up eating and breathing the changes.  Reiki is a gift for yourself and others and best if you know how it feels giving Reiki to other people in the learning stages.

In saying this I do feel based on my experiences that it is best learnt with others as this is an experience to be shared and to have peers to turn to for support and validation, to share techniques and experiences.   It is also good to make sure the person you are going to can trace back their masters to Dr Usui.  There are so many branches of this system out there now and also different variants to the sacred symbols so finding someone who resonates with you is important.

Even now my peers and classmates all get together every second week to give each other reiki and talk about our experiences and such.  Its all very hands on and gives us the tools to go home knowing we have support should we need it.  Having someone on line can only offer so much so if you were to ever do it via distance I would strongly suggest doing this with other people at the one time, maybe some friends.

Ultimately In my opinion it would be best under the watchful guidance intitially to have someone you can see and experience with.
It does seem strange that these sacred symbols are openly available on the internet for eveyone to see and copy.  When I learnt it these symbols were treated with care and were not copied we all had to learn them in our minds and were tested on them at the end of each level.  We wrote them initially on paper but then destroyed them after writing them to keep the symbols sacred.  

By all means though keep learning and studying.  Use the techniques and give yourself energy.  Some believe the techniques can be used without the attunements it is just instead of tapping into the 'Universal Life Force' they are actually using their own (which you also dont want to give away too often and should protect yourself if you do)

Any time you practise these you still have the best of intents to heal and relax, to care and nourish.  So your intents do so much also.

They say when the student is ready the Teacher will come.  Goodluck we need more Reiki enthusiasts around here!

Gem

Re: can i study this at home

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:25 pm

silverphoenixwillow wrote:I am very curious about this healing art
I was wondering if it is plausible,,or possible,,to learn this your self at home.....like  home schooling..My work is very demanding,,,and my hours are crazy, so it would be impossible for me to try to find a master,,as i  travel alot....i have found alot of web resources on reiki healing,,,
if it is possible....how should i start?
how much time should i allow myself,,,,between each level,
how do i know if i'm really doing it right?
all imput is grateful
MUCH LOVE
BB)o(LOVE AND LIGHT
Hi

You can study reiki at home, there are  many distance learning courses and people that will do this, just search online  and see what you come up with.

There are many different modalities of reiki too, not all lead back to Usui, that is just one form. Depending on your other interests youcould investigate Celtic reiki, about trees and natures energies, Crystal reiki, about the energy of crystals, Sekhem, which has the energy from Ancient Egypt or Angel, Gold, Violet Flame,  oh there are thousands of different types. :)

You will find a thousand different views too about what to expect and what it feels like. So keep an open mind and have a look around :)

diosa

Post by diosa » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:29 pm

I do agree with angelwings.

Usui Reiki is best learned from a teacher, in person. There is so much that can't be transmitted through reading a book. The sense of community that comes from a class and the personal instruction and interaction with a teacher are both irreplaceable.

Time constraints shouldn't be an obstacle, unless of course you perceive them to be. Taking your time to find the right instructor and setting aside time to be trained should be just a part of the process. Sure there are distance attunements, and they do work, but my first question would be how reliable is the person who is sending that attunement, are they actually doing it and are they actually attuned themselves. Now I'm not saying that they aren't but then again how does anyone really know.

If it doesn't lead back to Usui then it really isn't Usui Reiki. It is an energy system but it isn't Usui Reiki.

diosa

lenthomas

What is there to learn about Reiki

Post by lenthomas » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:27 am

There is nothing to learn about Reiki.
What is Reiki; it is only a japanese word for Universal Life force Energy.
How does Reiki work; It is theapplication of the individual vibration of 4 symbols applied as a formula to selected Chakras by a person who has the correct knowledge.
What is the practice of Reiki; that is how to apply the increased personal vibration as a by-product which we call Healing and how all other methods are intergrated.
Reiki is that simple.
Cam you learn it at home, not really as it is the application of the formula that applies the higher vibration that has to be done by another person in person and not by distant healing.
Len

Gem

Re: What is there to learn about Reiki

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:54 pm

lenthomas wrote:There is nothing to learn about Reiki.
How does Reiki work; It is theapplication of the individual vibration of 4 symbols applied as a formula to selected Chakras by a person who has the correct knowledge.
What is the practice of Reiki; that is how to apply the increased personal vibration as a by-product which we call Healing and how all other methods are intergrated.
Reiki is that simple.
Cam you learn it at home, not really as it is the application of the formula that applies the higher vibration that has to be done by another person in person and not by distant healing.
Len
I have to disagree with nearly all your points. Attunements don't affect the chakras at all they place symbols inside the aura. There are far more than 4 too. A reiki master would be expected to know this too.

Attunements can be done from the other side of the world very easily and very effectively the same way that distance healing can be sent.  For many people learning about reiki and being attuined at home in their own safety and space is wonderful. There are many online groups, forums and chat rooms that hold worshops and classes online and the connection that I get with my students is sometimes far greater online than it is in person!

lenthomas

I really wonder why you are so angry and why should?

Post by lenthomas » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:26 am

I have to disagree with nearly all your points. Attunements don't affect the chakras at all they place symbols inside the aura. There are far more than 4 too. A reiki master would be expected to know this too.

Attunements can be done from the other side of the world very easily and very effectively the same way that distance healing can be sent.  For many people learning about reiki and being attuined at home in their own safety and space is wonderful. There are many online groups, forums and chat rooms that hold worshops and classes online and the connection that I get with my students is sometimes far greater online than it is in person

Reiki is the greatest secret that has ever been shown to the world, and no not every Reiki master knows that.

The Aura is always changing as the negative energy has to be released. Every Reiki master should know that.

And very few people really are not connected to the higher vibration of the Universe and not every Reiki Master is aware of that!.

You have your untested opinion and I can prove mine, just remember when we all pass into that other world we are very suprised as to how wrong our belife s were.
len

silverphoenixwillow

thank you

Post by silverphoenixwillow » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:02 pm

just want to say thank you for all of your advice,,,,, i will take it all into consideration.......
i believe with the right teacher,,, i willl be able to achieve this at home...
i already know of the charkas and thier vibrations,,,, as i use this in my meditations,,, to clean out my own body of negativity..
i am a solataire practioner of wiccan
and am very aware of the arua,, and light fields..
i move alot,, with my work,,,, hardly staying in one place for more than a month or so,,,
so it is impossible to find a teacher local,,, as i would not be able to train under one person for long,,   is i did it that way,,..
so i will find a  master hopefully...Goddess willing on line..
I believe that this is a calling of mine,,, as i had a vision of me,,,,,  healing....
thank you all again
BRIGHTEST BLESSING)o( MUCH LOVE AND LIGHT
blessed be )O( love and light

diosa

Re: What is there to learn about Reiki

Post by diosa » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:19 am

lenthomas wrote:There is nothing to learn about Reiki.

Len
The term Reiki is commonly and erroneously translated as meaning 'universal energy'. And while it can be translated in a simplistic sense as: 'Spiritual Energy' or 'Spiritual Feeling'; it refers more directly to 'Spirit', 'Spirit Force', or 'Spiritual Influence' - the effect of Spirit in action.

Also, Usui Reiki had no connection to the chakra system but was built on the Japanese model of meridians and hara.

namaste

Gem

Re: thank you

Post by Gem » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:27 am

silverphoenixwillow wrote:so i will find a  master hopefully...Goddess willing on line..
You will be! I have no doubt, and if I can help just let me know :)   Good Luck and Peace on your path xx

Rhutobello

Re: I really wonder why you are so angry and why should?

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:01 am

lenthomas wrote:I have to disagree with nearly all your points. Attunements don't affect the chakras at all they place symbols inside the aura. There are far more than 4 too. A reiki master would be expected to know this too.

You have your untested opinion and I can prove mine, just remember when we all pass into that other world we are very suprised as to how wrong our belife s were.
len
As a layman who have none knowledge in Reiki I will ask some "dumb" question.

When you say that attunements don't affect chakras at all...then I will ask:

What is the the best way for anything to work?

In my opinion it must be the belief that it really work.
It's no use to study Reiki if you don't believe in it's power.

If you believe...I am sure you can develop energies, just like psychic develop theirs, but you need to believe in it.
With this I mean, not much of this is science or fact, you can't pinpoint anything, you can collect eveidences that suit "most" "Reiki" but there will always be other thing that work for some other....I think this must be the reason why there are many ways to learn Reiki....but as said...I know none of them.
The more you learn...the more you use your power in the way it works for you, the more secure and convincing can you help other.

I also believe there are no use to ask for a Reiki healing if you don't believe in it's healing power.
Just like learning Reiki, I assume the willingness to to receive Reiki Healing put some of our energies in motion, so it must be our own energy that need  to be triggert, and it will be the way we believe it work that will help us.

I might be far out on the field with this statement, but this is the way it works for me.

If I am totaly wrong...that Reiki has great healing effect...that science know everything that happen...that all could be control and pinpointed....well then Reiki would have been a supplement to " the official health care"

As for coming to the other side, I think our surprise will not stop with how wrong we was about Reiki.....but how wrong we was about most of what we did here on earth :)

Mystic Meg

Post by Mystic Meg » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:14 pm

Hi, I have always found it very strange that Reiki and Chakras are put together by so many. Chakras come from an ancient Indian yogic practice and the word means 'wheel' in Sanskrit. Now I realise that Sanskrit is an ancient language used in Hinduism and Buddhism too? So I presume that was where the tentative link lies. Personally when I attune I don't use the chakras I use the etheric aura which invades the physical body and so links the energy to the student much more efficienciently.  

Reiki is suggested by many doctors now, and to be honest think of the good it can do, Someone takes time and energy to listen and go trhough the patients history and discusses their problems and then they lie down and relax in  soothing surrounding whilst they drift off to slepp with music and sweet smells and love and care and attention ahhhhhh, no wonder many feel better? I feel that reiki treatments are part unofficial counselling too, much like a tarot reading can be. Its like a confidential psychiatrist session :)

That all said it still works but I find it really depends on who is the reiki healer, some are a waste of time.
I hope they regulate it soon with a governing body.

Meg

Evie

Post by Evie » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:40 pm

Hi Len....

I am going to disagree with you. Long distance Reiki healing is indeed effective.

A few years ago my older brother was going under the knife for brain surgery.
He had a tumor.  A dozen Reiki practioners choreographed a healing session for him,
and during the hours of surgery prayers and healing energies were sent his way.
Not all the practioners knew him.

When the surgeon came out of the operating room he had bad news, some of the
malignant tumor could not be removed. However, he sheepishly said " I don't know
if this means anything to you, but there an incredible feeling in the operating room.
An unexplainable energy... that was noted by the entire surgical team."

It wasn't easy for the surgeon to recount this... a few months before he mocked
Big Brother for speaking about being in the presence of Angels... The Doctor said
he was busy and that this conversation was silly.

My brother passed on, six months later... Yet I have no doubt that the Reiki was effective.
Pain was NOT an issue for him and he did not need mind altering drugs... Yippee!!!

I believe that it is INTENTION that makes long distance healing effective ....

P E A C E
Evie    :smt109

Mystic Meg

Post by Mystic Meg » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:56 pm

Evie, so sorry for your loss.  I am sure the reiki helped :)

I know that many presume that healing means a cure or someone gettting better, but it doesn't always work that way. Sometimes being 'healed' can mean being at peace or being at rest, content with things. Sometimes it can help the transition to go peacefully and without pain, and sometimes it is just our time and we no longer fear what is coming or being alone.

Intention is a very important part of reiki.

Do you use reiki or healing energy yourself?

Evie

Post by Evie » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:58 pm

Hello Mystic Meg   :smt006

Thanks so  much for your kind words.
I should have said that My brother's transition was indeed peaceful, and
without fear.

I am an Aromatherapist. This is my healing passion, not my career.
I LOVE to do 'hands on' ... and prayer.  People coming my way often need mental health
healing... LOL ... I guess it takes one to know one....  helping others
helps me to help myself.   :smt003  

I was too late to sign up for the Reiki course offered here... but I am
interested in learning this as well. I

P E A C E
Evie :smt109

Return to “Reiki”