Karuna Reiki

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

nightowl

Karuna Reiki

Post by nightowl » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:00 am

I signed up to take the Karuna Reiki Master class at the end of this month

Any thought or advice or Feelings on this system of reiki?

Dave

tomas

Post by tomas » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:23 pm

I've studied Karuna Reiki and my own personal thought is that it was designed to make money for someone, and that someone isn't necessarily the person taking the course. The creator of the system is William Rand, it's purported to be 'stronger' than Usui Ryoho Reiki and uses a completely new and different set of symbols, in conjunction with the Usui Master Symbol, Dai Ko Myo or DKM. I've no doubt that there are different 'frequencies' of Universal Energy that can be channeled for healing, so who's to say what's better than another. I've had Karuna treatments and felt no difference between them and Usui treatments. The other thought of course is if you're making a living from Reiki, the more certificates you'll be able to show to justify your prices. Just remember that you'll need to buy a 'franchise' from Mr. Rand to offer Karuna to your clients, or to teach it and attune others to the modality.

IMHO, Reiki is Reiki, symbols are to help focus intent, by themselves they have no power. To someone like myself who's used to focusing intent, the symbols help at times, but I don't always use 'em and really find no difference either way. And in truth, only two of the symbols are just that, symbols, the CKR and SHK. The other two are Japanese kanji, the HSZSN and DKM.

Namaste!

tomas

nightowl

Karuna Reiki

Post by nightowl » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:39 am

I take the class it was very good and does have a diffrent feel to it

I am going to start teching it and a free intro to reiki class too
dave
<edited> Links not allowed in signature. To put link in signature please see http://mysticboard.org/mediakit.html

div_tan

Post by div_tan » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:33 pm

tomas wrote:I've studied Karuna Reiki and my own personal thought is that it was designed to make money for someone, and that someone isn't necessarily the person taking the course. The creator of the system is William Rand, it's purported to be 'stronger' than Usui Ryoho Reiki and uses a completely new and different set of symbols, in conjunction with the Usui Master Symbol, Dai Ko Myo or DKM. I've no doubt that there are different 'frequencies' of Universal Energy that can be channeled for healing, so who's to say what's better than another. I've had Karuna treatments and felt no difference between them and Usui treatments. The other thought of course is if you're making a living from Reiki, the more certificates you'll be able to show to justify your prices. Just remember that you'll need to buy a 'franchise' from Mr. Rand to offer Karuna to your clients, or to teach it and attune others to the modality.

IMHO, Reiki is Reiki, symbols are to help focus intent, by themselves they have no power. To someone like myself who's used to focusing intent, the symbols help at times, but I don't always use 'em and really find no difference either way. And in truth, only two of the symbols are just that, symbols, the CKR and SHK. The other two are Japanese kanji, the HSZSN and DKM.

Namaste!

tomas
I completely agree with you, It is the intention that matters and the purity of the heart of the Reiki practitioner.
Follow the Truth, Truth is God.
Om Namah Shivaya,
Regards,
:) Divakar :)

Isisreiki

FYI

Post by Isisreiki » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:04 am

If you are a Usui Reiki Master than you don't need all of these other attunements to work with the different symbols. I have worked with the Karuna Ki Reiki symbols before, without the attunement, and have had wonderful results (I now a only working with Zonar, Harth, and Shanti, for personal reasons).

Check out http://web.archive.org/web/200208060124 ... /karunaki/ for a more accurate history of the system. Which is very interesting because Rand leaves out quite a bit.

I just thought you should know.
Blessed Be
Anthony, RM
DHN Volunteer
www.the-dhn.com

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:06 pm

Digging deep here, I thought there was a thread about Karuna. The symbols do give an edge to the energy. I learnt Karuna about 5 years ago the Vinny Amador way, Karuna ki, didn't realise that Mr Rand was discussing franchises lol, wonder what his lineage is like to enable him to think he can do that? &nbsp;But most just change the name slightly then tm it. &nbsp;Thing is nowadays there are so many differnt takes on reiki, I must have studied about 30 I think lol, my certificated collection is growing though, lol.

Rohiniranjan

Re: FYI

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:31 am

Wow!

I was drawn to your public statement quoted separately below:

"I have worked with the Karuna Ki Reiki symbols before, without the attunement, and have had wonderful results "

Wow!!

RR

[quote="Isisreiki"]If you are a Usui Reiki Master than you don't need all of these other attunements to work with the different symbols. I have worked with the Karuna Ki Reiki symbols before, without the attunement, and have had wonderful results (I now a only working with Zonar, Harth, and Shanti, for personal reasons).

Check out http://web.archive.org/web/200208060124 ... /karunaki/ for a more accurate history of the system. Which is very interesting because Rand leaves out quite a bit.

I just thought you should know.[/quote]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:36 am

Gem,

Please do not think that I am picking on you. Being a Energy Healer of so many years of experience, surely you should be able to get to the core of my reason to ask this question. A truthful answer will be appreciated given that being so ancient you have hardly anything to lose but rather utilize this opportunity to share your knowledge with with younger ones like me who are half your age and some others here may even be one fifth your age declared on this forum (100!)! And if for some Higher/Esoteric/Spiritually-Classified Reasoning you would rather not share, then your silence would be fine too and respected, at least by me!

Q: WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH 30 DIFFERENT MODALITIES, CERTIFICATIONS?  WHY WAS THE FIRST ONE NOT CONVINCING ENOUGH FOR ALL FURTHER EXPLORATIONS TO STOP??

Rohiniranjan

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

[quote="Gem"]Digging deep here, I thought there was a thread about Karuna. The symbols do give an edge to the energy. I learnt Karuna about 5 years ago the Vinny Amador way, Karuna ki, didn't realise that Mr Rand was discussing franchises lol, wonder what his lineage is like to enable him to think he can do that?  But most just change the name slightly then tm it.  Thing is nowadays there are so many differnt takes on reiki, I must have studied about 30 I think lol, my certificated collection is growing though, lol.[/quote]

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:56 am

Perhaps because I became addicted to the energy and the unique and mostly special experience of 'attunements'. &nbsp;I say mostly because some I found to be a waste of time and money lol.

I wanted to understand what others were charging for and teaching in order to be able to offer the best classes and workshops. I wanted to guage their modes of delivery, the value for money and the realism behind so many different 'reiki's'. I wanted to enlarge my experience and expand my knowledge and not be limited by one particular lineage. I wanted more, to see if the different lineages were any stronger or weaker and how they had evolved.

Funny I seem to have come full circle here lol.... let us not forget the main reason behind reiki and other healing energies.... helping others to feel better?

Why would I think you were picking on me?

rohiniranjan wrote:Gem,

Please do not think that I am picking on you. Being a Energy Healer of so many years of experience, surely you should be able to get to the core of my reason to ask this question. A truthful answer will be appreciated given that being so ancient you have hardly anything to lose but rather utilize this opportunity to share your knowledge with with younger ones like me who are half your age and some others here may even be one fifth your age declared on this forum (100!)! And if for some Higher/Esoteric/Spiritually-Classified Reasoning you would rather not share, then your silence would be fine too and respected, at least by me!

Q: WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH 30 DIFFERENT MODALITIES, CERTIFICATIONS?  WHY WAS THE FIRST ONE NOT CONVINCING ENOUGH FOR ALL FURTHER EXPLORATIONS TO STOP??

Rohiniranjan

Gem wrote:Digging deep here, I thought there was a thread about Karuna. The symbols do give an edge to the energy. I learnt Karuna about 5 years ago the Vinny Amador way, Karuna ki, didn't realise that Mr Rand was discussing franchises lol, wonder what his lineage is like to enable him to think he can do that?  But most just change the name slightly then tm it.  Thing is nowadays there are so many differnt takes on reiki, I must have studied about 30 I think lol, my certificated collection is growing though, lol.

Spiritboxer

Post by Spiritboxer » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:33 pm

Gem wrote:Digging deep here, I thought there was a thread about Karuna. The symbols do give an edge to the energy. I learnt Karuna about 5 years ago the Vinny Amador way, Karuna ki, didn't realise that Mr Rand was discussing franchises lol, wonder what his lineage is like to enable him to think he can do that?  But most just change the name slightly then tm it.  Thing is nowadays there are so many differnt takes on reiki, I must have studied about 30 I think lol, my certificated collection is growing though, lol.
Sorry, nothing much to add here as I've never studied Karuna, just didn't get around to it for whatever reason. I've been involved with a number of different Reiki or Reiki-like systems and all had their own unique flavor but in the end, I too believe, it's all about the individual practitioner. At the source &nbsp;the energy's the energy , beautiful in it's simplicity like all other things mystical.
Heh, Vinny Amador, there's a name I haven't heard in years.
Carlos

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:12 pm

Hi Carlos :)
I've been involved with a number of different Reiki or Reiki-like systems and all had their own unique flavor but in the end
&nbsp;oooh tell more please!

Spiritboxer

Post by Spiritboxer » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:19 pm

Gem wrote:Hi Carlos :)
I've been involved with a number of different Reiki or Reiki-like systems and all had their own unique flavor but in the end
 oooh tell more please!
Gotta run, I'll be back later. I responded to you reiki attunement thread so there's some info there....
Carlos

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:35 pm

I was just being cautious, given your 'advanced' age and the sunsign that the site attributes to you! :-)

RR

[quote="Gem"]Perhaps because I became addicted to the energy and the unique and mostly special experience of 'attunements'.  I say mostly because some I found to be a waste of time and money lol.

I wanted to understand what others were charging for and teaching in order to be able to offer the best classes and workshops. I wanted to guage their modes of delivery, the value for money and the realism behind so many different 'reiki's'. I wanted to enlarge my experience and expand my knowledge and not be limited by one particular lineage. I wanted more, to see if the different lineages were any stronger or weaker and how they had evolved.

Funny I seem to have come full circle here lol.... let us not forget the main reason behind reiki and other healing energies.... helping others to feel better?

Why would I think you were picking on me?

[quote="rohiniranjan"]Gem,

Rohiniranjan

[quote="Gem"]Digging deep here, I thought there was a thread about Karuna. The symbols do give an edge to the energy. I learnt Karuna about 5 years ago the Vinny Amador way, Karuna ki, didn't realise that Mr Rand was discussing franchises lol, wonder what his lineage is like to enable him to think he can do that?  But most just change the name slightly then tm it.  Thing is nowadays there are so many differnt takes on reiki, I must have studied about 30 I think lol, my certificated collection is growing though, lol.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Return to “Reiki”