Grand Masters

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

kali

please clarify

Post by kali » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:46 am

please could someone clarify the difference between a Reiki Master and a Reiki Grand Master , why is one called a Grand Master? is it to with years of service? numbers of attunments ? or is it a self given title? how does one become a grand Master? I have met many Rinpoche's in Nepal and Sikkim one in particular His Eminence Dinchen Rinpoche was a Reiki Master , but as a Rinpoche ie some one who knows they are following the boddhisaatve path they have re-incarneted to help humanity rather than acheiving self enlightenment would actually be a Grand Master and yet he was not, so how is a Grand Master determined?
Blessings Kalixx

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:40 pm

I'm intrigued too. I'm a grand master but of jujitsu (it took 35 years from start to then) and this whole master/grand master bit makes me smile.
Best of luck finding out, most of them will be self proclaimed egotists.

sandyz

Reiki Grand Master Info

Post by sandyz » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:34 pm

Hello Kali, Prof. Akers,

I am a practising Reiki Grand Master for the last five years. Let me give you the jist of what that means. Its really simple.
A Reiki Master is one who is attuned to enable others to be Reiki Level III Practitioners.
A Reiki Grand Master on the other hand is attuned with another extra two symbols that enables one to teach Reiki and attune others to be a Reiki Teacher.

Professor, just because someone carries the title of Reiki Grad Master doesn't make them "self proclaimed egotists". To clarify this point further, let me add that being a Reiki Master or Grand Master is not about how "powerful" or "spiritual" one is but rather how they have a mastery over themselves. Self-Mastery i.e. This in itself is a very humble experience.

I hope this clarifies this issue.

Love Always  :)

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:40 pm

Yes but who decides? Who moderates this level 3 stuff, is there a recognised international body?

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:02 pm

Who is to say one has a mastery over self? Can't say that I've met many or any for that matter who can ever claim that, regardless of what they can or cannot do. But to those who have, I suppose good on you.

and I agree with the poster above me btw.

It reminds me of something that I saw once:

Credentials Please

If man calls you a saint, what does that make you in God's eyes?
If man calls you a bishop, what does that make you in God's eyes?
If man calls you the pope, what does that make you in God's eyes?
If man calls you a holy man, what does that make you in God's eyes?
If man calls you a doctor, what does that make you in God's eyes?
If man calls you a thief, what does that make you in God's eyes?
If man calls you a beggar, what does that make you in God's eyes?
If man calls you a liar, what does that make you in God's eyes?

Man gives you degrees. Man gives you titles. Man gives you recognition. Man gives you all of these things and you ask yourself who you are that you should receive these acknowledgments. You claim it would not be possible without Him and you claim that you are nothing without Him, yet you feel the need to preface your name with titles and decoration. You line your pockets with cash. You build grand buildings of worship. You call yourself many things and yet everything is forgotten. People continue to suffer. People continue to go hungry.

You ask yourself who you are that you should question receiving all these titles and degrees bestowed on you. You are the keeper of your soul. You are the keeper of your brothers and sisters. You are the keeper of this place you call home. You are the keeper of the sick. You are the keeper of the less fortunate. You are the keeper of the misinformed. You are the keeper of the innocent. You are the keeper of the lost. You are the keeper of all things unjust.

You are.

by the way, this is no knock on sandyz by any means, but just a general thing for us all to think about maybe?

Gem

Re: Reiki Grand Master Info

Post by Gem » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:35 pm

sandyz wrote: A Reiki Grand Master on the other hand is attuned with another extra two symbols that enables one to teach Reiki and attune others to be a Reiki Teacher.

That is more commonly just called Level 4 or a 'Master Teacher' and is not a true grand master.

For many Usui Reiki healers there is only one grand master and that is Phyllis Furumoto (the granddaughter of Ms. Takata), but for all those that belief Furumoto is, there are as many that believe she is not preferring to take Barbara Weber Ray or Beth Gray as the title. Yet again, many do not believe that Takata actually was a grand master at all because she so totally changed the teaching of reiki from the original form that Usui Sensei taught.

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:54 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:Yes but who decides? Who moderates this level 3 stuff, is there a recognised international body?
In the UK we are moving closer towards regulation,

http://www.reikiregulation.org.uk/

http://www.reikifed.co.uk/pub/activ/vsr/index.shtml

kali

re Grand Master

Post by kali » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:01 pm

I guess it was different in my day although that's not that long ago ... I was given Reiki masters and told by master that I was attuned to Reiki master/teacher. I don't believe there were any extra symbols however. I have both Traditional and Tibetan lineage .   I have been teaching and attuning to Reiki Masters. but only call myself a Reiki Master not Grand Master as I don't think any one in the west has even reached past Reiki II in the first instance all Reiki Masters that I know of and forgive me if I am wrong in anyone's case , still use placing symbols in the recipients aura as the method of attunement. The symbols were I gather just used for training puposes up to Reiki II and then  they were forgotten about as the Reiki practioner moved form having to rely on them for attunements and healing and into being able to feel and resonate their body at the right pitch for the symbols to get passed on.. having talked to Rinpoche's in Nepal etc, I know this is how any form of attunement  is practiced in the east, so as I say there is no one I know of that actually vibrates the attunement through themselves rather than  drawing and placing symbols . if you take the tuning fork example of one fork raising the vibration of the other to the same pitch quantum physically you as the master would be able to get the person to feel the vibration and pass it on without using symbols ...
A little of the point maybe but does anyone else out there perform attunements in this way or are we all actually pseudo masters and actually only at Reiki II ?

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:28 pm

I'm just curious why all the hoopla with masters and grand masters because lets say you were able to be "attuned" to that of a grand master. What does that give you? Does it mean that is all there is? Surely everyone would agree that is not all there is? It is only the "level" to which that person has attained? Surely if you were to ask that grand master if there was more to be learned, they would say yes? And if you asked that grand master if much could still be learned from those of "lower" levels or on parallel paths, they would say yes? And if much can still be learned, what is so grand? What are we masters of, if not our own choices?

anyway, i babble. really don't mind me.

nitinsaxena77

Post by nitinsaxena77 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:50 am

hi,
i agree with Sandyz.
Thanks & Regards

Nitin Saxena

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:52 pm

great discussion guys - I agree with the whole label thing. They are just labels.
If it works for you then fab!
Doesn't for me.
Couple of thoughts bouncing around in my head - let me share them:

First, alot of the reiki masters that I do know of and sometimes come across due to passing of paths who def do not feel like reiki masters. Vibrationally and who that person is in their personal development etc is just not on the level that it should be. The trouble with reiki over the years is that any tom dick or harry has done it cause it was the movement.
The thing to do.
What was created were these weekend retreats etc...which I know infuriates me and I'm sure gets to some of you guys too.
And out of all that - reiki has 'lost' some of its...ummm...don't have a clue what word to use...but maybe finesse?
Too explain more: When you say you are a reiki master, a couple of years ago, ppl would say, "Wow thats really wonderful! - what an honour!"
Now you say you are a reiki master and you get the feeling of a rolling of eyes and a thought of "not another one".
YET,
Even if someone is not using reiki the way it was intended, I am just so darn glad that so many ppl are attuned. As even though they do not know it - it has changed their lives and will continue too for long into the future.
So with that thought kept in mind, I love the fact that there are so many reiki practitioners out there. :)
I am currently on reiki ||.

I was taught in a way, to keep things simple and not to make a big thing about all things spiritual.
Going with that - then the symbol thing is the symbol thing. You don't need to be attuned inorder to use a symbol.
The actual image only works because it has gained meaning over years and years of ppl giving it a specific meaning. I was told to research ALL symbols and to feel them. 'Know' what they stand for etc
I think I many be going on in circles here...but what I guess I am trying to say, is that symbols are there to be used as a tool, you don't have to be level 4 only to use those symbols. No one has to attune you to any level of any Spiritual Practise in order for you to use 'their' symbols.
Sigh...I could not explain that very well...

I also really liked what you had to say Kali about actually raising your vibration to the symbols vibration/attunement vibartion, in order to pass on the symbols/attunement...make perfect sense.
And was a penny dropping moment for me today! Thanx.

have a great day everyone!
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:58 am

Rose Red
I think you have put it very nicely. No need to sigh :) you have expressed your point of views with which I agree totally.
I am level II practitioner and all this hoo-haa about titles and symbols........ I sometimes forget to do the symbols during a healing session, only to realise half way through..... Now how has that impaired my intent to give healing? I dont think in any way.

Return to “Reiki”