What is reiki?

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

1965yeah

Post by 1965yeah » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:35 pm

what exactly is reiki?>

jv

Reiki - Discovered by Dr Mikao Usui

Post by jv » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:36 pm

Reiki is a technique for stress reduction that also promotes healing, and allows everyone to tap into an unlimited supply of “life energy.”  Reiki was thought to have originated in Tibet thousands of years ago, and was discovered by Dr. Mikao Usui, a Japanese Buddhist early in the 20th century.  The word Reiki is composed of two Japanese words ­ Rei and Ki.  These words are used in a spiritual healing context.  “Ki” is the basic life force energy of the physical or vital energy found on all living things.  It is flowing in everything that is alive, including plants, animals, and humans.  “Rei” denotes cosmic, universal energy, or the Higher Intelligence.  It is a subtle wisdom that permeates everything, both animate and inanimate.  The term conveys the concept of the energy of the Whole, aligning of the part (Ki) with the Whole (Rei) in an ever-expanding principle of the dynamic interaction.  It is a non-physical healing energy made up of life force energy that is guided by the Higher Intelligence, or spiritually guided life force energy.

Eastern medical philosophy has always emphasized the superiority of maintaining good health over curing illness. Reiki is a preventive medicine par excellence. But it is even more: When practising Reiki on yourself or others, you  experience both its preventive and its curative functions at the same time. If you have a disease, Reiki will cure it, if not, Reiki will promote your health and longevity. This preventive cum curative quality of Reiki makes it a unique healing system.

The attunement procedure is a ceremony of spirit.  In this ceremony the Reiki master uses the Reiki symbols and other gestures in a prescribed way.  This ceremony creates an energy pattern around the recipient of the attunement which entrains (or attunes) their energy field to the energies represented by the symbols.  The attunement is permanent, thus making the recipient a Reiki practitioner, only if the master uses the symbol for the "subconscious".  If this symbol is not used the entrainment is temporary only.

Eastern medical philosophy has always emphasized the superiority of maintaining good health over curing illness. Reiki is a preventive medicine par excellence. But it is even more: When practising Reiki on yourself or others, you  experience both its preventive and its curative functions at the same time. If you have a disease, Reiki will cure it, if not, Reiki will promote your health and longevity. This preventive cum curative quality of Reiki makes it a unique healing system.

pravin20

Learning Reiki

Post by pravin20 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:32 am

I am very curious about this healing art
I want to learn this art  at home .
Is  it  possible ?....how should i start?
asdfg

angelnana59

Reiki

Post by angelnana59 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:23 pm

Hi There, I amalso interested and have purchased a book that explains all there is to know. This book is titled Essential Reiki - a Complete Guide To An Ancient Healing Art[/color]by Diane Stein. I have been practising self healing and it''s beginning to work, so I highly recommend this book. Peace & Shining Stars,  Maury :)
 I have a great sense of humour and love to cook for others.  

drmeals

Reiki through books

Post by drmeals » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:55 pm

not sure what you are looking for as far as information. Teachers abound in the Reiki field. I suggest that you find one and be in their aura which is actually the intitaion process you can no get in a book.However, Dianne Steins book is excellent resource of info.

drmeals

good answer jv

Post by drmeals » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:00 pm

Reiki as I have come to know through the years of practice and teaching is much more than a tool. It is a way of being-ness. It permeates and supports every aspect of your walk through life if practiced as it was originally was brought to the consciousness of human kind. JV gave an excellent answer of the tool of Reiki. Hand claps and horrahs

Return to “Reiki”