Reiki

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

boobear

Reiki

Post by boobear » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:45 am

I am planning on taking a class in Reiki and Im new to all this, I am wondering what is involved when you go for the first time? Is it an all day or just a few hours?  I eventually would like to take the other classes and Im trying to read up on this as much as possible. I have had  someone say the first class is very enlighting the 2nd is not so much. Not sure what that means.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi boobear,

There are many different classes and all will be different. I would recommend that the 1st level is at least a day, sometimes two days to give things a chance to sink in, and the ideas to be understood. Investigate what your teacher is offering, how they have the course planned, ask questions before you go and definately before you pay for anything!  Find one that you are happy with.

RebeccaReiki

Post by RebeccaReiki » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:13 pm

:smt006 boobear,

I have been attuned for Reiki I and II.  I would agree that it would definately depend on the Reiki Master who is teaching you as to what you will "get" out of the classes.  I also believe that your enjoyment and enlightenment would even more so depend on you, your willingness to learn, your comfort with the others in the class, and how open you are on that day. For me both were just amazing.  I was in a class of only 3, therefor I  was afforded much time for questions and connection with the Reiki Master. My only advice is to just go into it with an open mind and the rest will follow.   :smt002

Love and Light - Rebecca

boobear

Reiki

Post by boobear » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:00 pm

Thanks for all your suggestions, appreciate it.

nitinsaxena77

Post by nitinsaxena77 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:18 am

All the Best.
Thanks & Regards

Nitin Saxena

Chrysolite

Post by Chrysolite » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:33 am

According to Rand - The Level 1 attunements can do a great deal of work in helping you to break free from old energetic structures and behavioral patterns.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:23 am

RebeccaReiki wrote::smt006 boobear,

I have been attuned for Reiki I and II.  I would agree that it would definately depend on the Reiki Master who is teaching you as to what you will "get" out of the classes.  I also believe that your enjoyment and enlightenment would even more so depend on you, your willingness to learn, your comfort with the others in the class, and how open you are on that day. For me both were just amazing.  I was in a class of only 3, therefor I  was afforded much time for questions and connection with the Reiki Master. My only advice is to just go into it with an open mind and the rest will follow.   :smt002

Love and Light - Rebecca

Any level I (irrespectively of modality) must be longer than one or even two days!

My I was 2 and a half days long and was a beautiful experience and with some lessons that have lasted so far and perhaps will for the rest of my life!

For many, it is a big paradigm shift, particularly if it is the first wilful sauntering into the realm of energies! People come into it with different levels of preparedness and prior experience. If hastily done, the experience just does not 'click!'

My II was a 2 day attunement and 'just right'! I did not need much 'buffering' but the straight goods, by then -- having experienced what Reiki is all about, by then!

In contrast, my next modality of learning and expanding was a few days long, very thorough and even though it was level I, there was a lot of growth and expansion in those days, which were as close to immersion as I can think is possible.

KI and CHI are identical twins, that grew up in different countries and climes, but both from the same MOTHER UNIVERSE!

Whether one day or five, neither is not about remaining PASSIVE and fantasizing that it would work for you!

It is like learning to swim. You can read books, watch U-TUBE videos and all the rest, but swimming can only be learned when you 'let go' and embrace water and it and your 'aware intellect' teaches you how to move or place your hands and through those YOUR ATTENTION!

Love, Light, Placement!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Reiki”