charging fees for reiki

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:40 pm

I understand the idea of giving money to someone and having it squandered or used for whatever purpose. I agree with you that it was the intent that mattered.

As for charging for healing, I do not see it as the same. I don't see it as an exchange. There is nothing to exchange because the energy does not belong to you. The pain doesn't even belong to the other person. If we are truly One, then I cannot give what is not mine to give. I cannot receive what is already there. I can maybe see from a different light. Anyway, I gotcha. I just disagree.
awarenessoftheheart.com

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:12 pm

love and light to you looking_glass....i agree with you that a healer doesn`t own the healing energy....healing energy comes from God and the universe using people that are "healers" as conduits.... money is also an energy that comes from God and the universe to be used through people to help others.  There is nothing wrong with the energy of money...Money is a good thing it helps us survive here on earth...and God and the universe wants us to have plenty of it so we can feel secure and be generous and help others and create good things. Its only our society that says money is the root of all e_ _ _.
Peace

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:20 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:  There is nothing wrong with the energy of money...Money is a good thing it helps us survive here on earth...and God and the universe wants us to have plenty of it so we can feel secure and be generous and help others and create good things. Its only our society that says money is the root of all e_ _ _.
First I should explain that I do not charge for my reiki sessions or for attunements or teaching, I believe that money should not stand in the way of helping someone to feel better.

Money causes greed and jealousy and envy and those energies have no place in a healing environment.

Everytime this discussion raises its head it is those that charge that argue money is good and needed, and those that don't, that give a much more open view that sees all possibilities.

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:21 pm

To me everyone is a healer if they but knew, but perhaps that is why you put that in quotes.

As for money, I think we tell ourselves that, but I don't believe it nor buy it, pun intended. As for God's motives, I won't guess on that. I'll leave it for God. As for feeling secure and feeling anything for that matter...to me it is a choice, a choice that does not require much, except listening to our hearts. If that is what your heart really tells you, then let it be so.

But for me, I know what my heart tells me, and I know what my mind would like me to believe.
awarenessoftheheart.com

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:57 pm

these are not my words but i came across this quote

Finding your life's work allows you to create abundance and money easily. The job or activities that are meant to be your life's work involve doing what you love with your time and energy. When you love what you do you feel alive, happy, and fulfilled. You radiate joy and draw many good things to you. You can make money doing work that you don't like, but it will take more effort. Not liking what you do with your time and energy diminishes your flow of abundance; loving what you do brings abundance more easily and effortlessly.

i say
If you love helping people and feel that it is you lifes work than why not receive money for it and use that money to help even more people expand their horizons...

i too think that money should not stand in the way of healing that is ridiculous...if someone came to me needing help and said they had no money...i certainly would not turn them away...i have much love and compassion for all people....

there are all kinds of people in this world everyone is entitled to their own opinions...some people associate money with greed envy and jealousy others associate it with love generosity compassion and peace...its a choice....and that is the beauty of the gift of free will!  
sending love and blessings to you all....(free of charge)  :)
Peace

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:02 pm

A wise friend once told me...abundance is given to some that they may act as reservoirs for those in need. It is not for our self gain. Bless his heart.
awarenessoftheheart.com

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:05 pm

indeed that is beautiful
Peace

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:24 pm

ok my last post here ...  i found this quote..... again not my words

Money is neither good nor bad. When you use money in ways that serve your higher purpose and bring you and others joy, you are creating money of light. The more money is made and spent with integrity and light, the more it becomes a force of light for everyone.
Peace

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:50 am

looking_glass wrote:A wise friend once told me...abundance is given to some that they may act as reservoirs for those in need. It is not for our self gain. Bless his heart.
Whilst we are all quoting I like this :)

" those that have the least often give the most!"
posted with blessings from Avalon......

Sometimes faces need to be hidden so Truth can be seen

dhav

Post by dhav » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:12 am

So true.thank you :smt006
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:30 am

all roads lead to Rome...what I mean by this is not actually the path you take, that means nothing. But its why you took that path that matters.
Its great that some are for the charging and others are against.
Doesn't really matter cause there is healing happening and thats what counts!

Some great statements...and quotes have surfaced! heehee :)
Thank you
Def going to add some of those to my repository!
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Was thinking this is like a Japanese version of Confucius says lol?

One more I love..

"Remember... Happiness is a way of travel and not a destination"  :)

Blessings to you all xxxx

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:28 pm

hahahahaha!!
Thank you Lady of Avalon, that is a beautiful quote. Great stuff- ooohhh man now I want to post some quotes...no don't do it.
Heey! Let me go see if there is a quote forum....*RR shuffles off into the MysticBoards forums*...
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

Heartworx

Post by Heartworx » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:14 pm

Is it necessary to pay for the food that you eat.  :) When i charged for Reiki, I kind of felt guilty doing so, but i think, that was just me thinking that i did not deserve to recieve.  Now, I recieve gladly with love for the giver and for myself.  So perhaps this is an issue that many healers struggle with, particularly when we believe that the energy that we give is not ours in the first place.  If we are one then the energy is ours as well as the clients, so all we are charging for is our human time. (which is an illusion ) :) But remember whatever and whenever we give we are doing it for ourselves anyway.  

With Love
Heartworx

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:54 pm

WOW Heartworx!   very very very nicely said....I agree with you 100% ....
I do respect others opinions as well but from my point of view I believe giving and receiving should remain balanced ...we ARE worthy of our time and energies that we put forth .....Its perfectly ok to charge a fee for energy work
you said it all very nicely Heartworx...thanks! Peace my friend...
Peace

Return to “Reiki”