Reiki attunement

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Nilabimini

Reiki attunement

Post by Nilabimini » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi everyone, I was attuned to Reiki over 2 years ago by a Reiki Master and have not utilized it pretty much since then. Does anyone know if I would need to go through the attunement again? Has the open channel of energy in my hands been closed? Recently I have tried to practice again but it just doesn't feel the same to me.

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:54 pm

Attunements last forever.

However if you have not used reiki for a while it can be a good idea to have a refresher course, depending on what you are going to be doing.

tanishkas

Reiki attunements

Post by tanishkas » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:39 am

Everyone is a reiki born channel. But as we grow, due to the mind sets and education given by the world we tend to close it. So if you want to be attuned ever you can eiter practice or at least be aware of its existance, it will come back to you automatically.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Reiki attunements

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:39 am

tanishkas wrote:Everyone is a reiki born channel. But as we grow, due to the mind sets and education given by the world we tend to close it. So if you want to be attuned ever you can eiter practice or at least be aware of its existance, it will come back to you automatically.
That has been EXACTLY my realization and experience too!

Although there are some signatures for those called to reiki as I have tried to observer and document in a modality a bit different from this section on the Mystic board.

http://www.boloji.com/astro/00320.htm

RR

Molissa

Post by Molissa » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:33 pm

the article is amazing! thank you.
Caution: I brake for faeries, elves, dragons, unicorns and other mystical creatures only I can see.

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:35 am

You have the energy before you are attuned, and once you have been attuned you have a better understanding of it. You already had it inside. The attunement simply makes you aware of the energy being there and trains you to understand and work with it. Cleansing your aura and re-aligning your chakra's will help with the reiki energy. If any of the central chakra's are blocked so to will be the Chi. As a RMT, I have had others ask the very same question you just asked and my answer was the same. We are born with this already, we only need to remember how to use it to help ourselves and others. That's where the attunement was helpful. Now, after re-balancing yourself, you will find that after any block are cleared the energy will flow again quite easily. Many use this energy without ever training in reiki. They are called natural healers. That's what I was before a friend, who is a reiki master talked me into attunements so I could teach it to others. I hope this helps.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie
The Universe Always Keeps Her balance. Lady Karma always shines through the darkness....

ravenuriel

Post by ravenuriel » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:38 am

lol Julie !
I was going to say something but you covered it!

I to was a natural healer before learning Reiki I am an Intuitive healer but knowing reiki is very helpful !
learning about chakras is very important even if you are not going to do Reiki

RavenUriel~
The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.~ The Kybalion~

nitinsaxena77

Post by nitinsaxena77 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:12 am

To again do reiki, just think positively and start doing reiki. it will flow automatically.
Thanks & Regards

Nitin Saxena

ravenuriel

Post by ravenuriel » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:46 pm

yes but I like that fact that there is a system that you use when doing reiki.
The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.~ The Kybalion~

nitinsaxena77

Post by nitinsaxena77 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:04 am

it all depends on the will power of the practitioner.
Thanks & Regards

Nitin Saxena

o0wabi-sabi0o

Post by o0wabi-sabi0o » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:59 pm

Well you can definitely have more than one attunement. They don't have an expiration date BUT after two years of non-practice you might feel a bit out of touch with the energy. An alternative would be to find someone who can perform Reiju, which is like a "Reiki Booster" for after attunements.

Minyassa

Post by Minyassa » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:43 am

My teacher has mentioned more than once that practice is important for keeping the channels wide open, and "if you don't use it, you lose it".  Obviously the energy itself and the ability to work with it do not go away, but it is possible to lose touch with the feelings, and you can always get a re-attunement to "flush the pipes."  Think of it as a stream that has become clogged with leaves and silt when the water is diverted elsewhere for a while...you have to run a lot of water through it to clear the stream bed and get it flowing smoothly again.  If you can't manage to get a re-attunement, a LOT of practice is an alternative.
Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind.
    -Henri-Frederic Amiel

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:35 am

I am more for the idea of Reiju.

mangosun

What is the process...

Post by mangosun » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Hello all! I have recently discovered that I can feel in my body where someone's pain is by touching them. I don't know if this can be used constructively but I am interested in the possibilities of Reiki...Can you go to a Reiki teacher or master and they be able to tell if you have the ability to learn how to direct this awareness or energy? It's as if I am trying to remember a dream and know its significant but can't...I want to be of help to others but don't know how or if this is a way to do it. Any thoughts would be helpful! Thank you, ~jules

P.S.- I read the article posted above regarding the study of astrological charts and reiki healers...it was fascinating however I don't know if my chart shows ability in this area. It was a bit over my novice head! LOL For those in Vedic astrology studies, my moon is in Dhanistha, whose ruling planet is Mars, in the 11th House, along with my moon (Purva Bhadrapada). Mars was listed as significant in the above article.
"Live life with passion and love will find you!"

Chrysolite

Post by Chrysolite » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:47 am

A Reiki attunement clears and expands your central light column, clears energetic blocks and activates you to transmit higher levels of healing energy. It opens and aligns what was already a part of you. So I think, you don’t need to go through the attunement again. Just go with some of the Reiki masters and ask them about your situation. They can give you an advice that you are looking for.

Return to “Reiki”