Am I truly a healer?

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Notgeoffrey

Am I truly a healer?

Post by Notgeoffrey » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi folks.  This is a new forum to me, so please forgive me if I say anything extremely stupid or naive.

This is a copy of a post I have just put onto the palmistry board to get some input from that angle.  I'll copy it directly here and provide more details of my experiences after.

"Hi everyone, this is my first post on this site, so if this is in the wrong place or context please let me know.  I will also see if there is a healing forum to pop it onto.

I have been doing a little (extremely basic) research on palmistry lately.  I can't offer any particular reason why, but something has been drawing me towards finding out about myself.  I have never had a full reading but my curiosity is such that I will almost certainly have one done soon.
I remember a time when I went to a fair and a guy in a stall proclaiming he was a healer called me over and told me 'you have it'.  I asked what, and he told me that I had the power to heal, and he said it was so strong that people could be healed simply by sitting down and having a cup of tea with me.  He took a look at my palm, raised his eyebrows and that was that.
All my life I have desperately craved the power to heal people.  Whenever people play the game where they ask what superpower you would have if you could choose, healing is always my instant answer.  I have dreams about healing.  I have healed before, consciously.  I once caused someone pain by trying too hard, and that scared the hell out of me.  I am a teacher, and have the reputation around school of being able to calm even the most recalcitrant children.

As far as the palm reading goes, I have the croix mystique on both palms, between the heart and head lines.  I also have the 'gifted healer' lines below my little finger on both hands.  10 on the left, and 8 on the right as near as I can tell.  

My question is this, are there any other signs or indicators that I could look for?  Would you recommend a full reading to determine if I have further potential?

Thanks in advance for your input.

NG"

As far as the actual healing experiences go, I have a number of them to draw on for the purposes of this post.

I have been able to identify where people are having problems both physical and emotional.  In some cases this has been to the extent of being able to describe how the pain feels, but this is a rare event.  Usually I am only able to identify the location of physical pain.  The best examples include telling someone who I was talking to about this subject that they were having inner ear problems on the left, and being spot on.  Another example was describing a 'twisting' sensation in the left knee of a colleague who subsequently told me that they had constant knee pain following a dislocation a numer of years ago.  It is entirely possible that I had picked up unconscious signals from the people I was talking to, and there is no 'ability' involved at all.

I have healed a migraine by visualising the pain as a black mass in the person's head, and then 'pulling' it out bit by bit with my hands and casting it aside.  The process took a little under 10 minutes, so it may be that by the time I had finished the pain would have gone anyway.  I just don't know for sure.

I mean every word I say when I describe myself as desperately wanting to heal.  I feel that it is my calling in life, and I would love to know how to proceed.  I provide alternate explanations to my experiences because I do not quite dare to believe that my dream could be a reality.

Any comments, positive, negative or neutral would be very useful to me in determining where I should go with this.

Thanks in advance

NG
What is the way forward?

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:59 am

If YOU yourself is convince that you are a healer, and are honest to yourself, and don't do your healing just for profit, then you are a Healer in some sense of the word.

The reason for me to be a bit "cloudy" is that there is much more between Earth and Heaven  then we people are able to understand, and if so, none of us are able to see your definition of the word, neither your talents.

We have a "healer" here in our Country, that has been quiet famous here, who have surprised many a doctor, and healed many a soul.

He got his abilities as a young person, was afraid of it in the start, but have for the last 40 years done many a wonder.

He is now nearly 80,(I think) and even if he has long working days he never ask for any fee for his services, it is up to the person him/her self to give as they see fit, because none are able to live on air and love alone :)

When such "services" are done this way, then they give much bigger credibility, then if big adds tells "I will heal you" for only $$$$$

One shall also be very aware the Quack law, which prevent us from stating that we are ABLE TO HEAL, but let rather the action itself show that you are able, and then the public will give the verdict, if you are a real Healer or not :)

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:55 am

The way to proceed is as you feel led to by your higher self, or by the great spirit which connects all things. Learn how to listen to spirit and you will know what to do. Respond to the impulses of light that are given by the higher self or spirit or how ever you relate to such energies.

Doing what you feel led to do and allowing others to do the same is very rewarding. Being of service and utilizing ones natural talents and abilities is endlessly rewarding. As rhutobello said doing so free of expectations allows for a better relationship of giving and recieving and gives more power to the work that is done by not tainting it with demands of return, and allowing nature to take care of balancing things so that energies go where they are needed and we all get what we deserve. For example I make jewelry with stones and have studied the healing energies and properties of stones both through reading and experience. I make necklaces and give them to people for free. I recently had one soul give me $ 50 for necklace took it to a crystal whole saler told them what I do and they gave me whole sale discount(which they usually require a store license to give and minimum first purchase). So essentially I turned one stone a piece of wire and some cord into a table covered in stones from which I can make many necklaces to give away, and be open to anything others feel like giving me. I also don't work for money, and am blessed with everything I need which I see as a sign that the universe is facilitating what I'm doing by providing me with what I need. If there is a purpose to what you are doing the universe will give you everything you need to do it, including the situations you need to learn from. Just keep doing what you feel led to do. Also don't succumb to martyrdom. To help others you need to have a well spring of health and such and live in integrity and then you can have a positive effect on others. This can mean taking time to just relax in nature and breath.

Also breath can be very healing, yoga and stretching can be rounded into a balanced exercise which can help with being in good health can having a well spring of health. Healing others does not meaning compromising ones own health for their benefit, it means channeling universal energy and tapping into stores of energy which are for healing. The best healing is done with the patients own energy.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

Notgeoffrey

Post by Notgeoffrey » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:29 pm

Thankyou for your responses.  I shall have to consider how best to approach this aspect of myself, but I know without any shadow of doubt where my heart is leading me.
What is the way forward?

decentgal

Post by decentgal » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:44 am

you will evolve finally as a healer if you crave for it .
believe me i had the same doubts but over the time i learnt the techniques,did practice  ,still trying to learn and i heal people because i like them relieved and happy.
if you want to heal ,you will be bumped into such people who will help you on ths path.

Hina

o0wabi-sabi0o

Post by o0wabi-sabi0o » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:40 pm

It especially worries me that you're posting this in the Reiki forum.

No one who does Reiki is a healer. I also assume you're not attuned to Reiki.

What you described doing for a migraine is not Reiki (Reiki NEVER involves removal of energy), but psychic surgery. I am of the opinion that psychic surgery is DANGEROUS. In Reiki, we add Universal Life Force Energy and allow the Body, Mind, and Spirit to do with it what IT feels needs to be done. Instead of removing energy, it will naturally and gently flush out and negative energies and replace it with positive ones.

Every pain/symptom we experience is happening for a reason, and can often be a warning or a sign of something else. You may have removed the pain, but it will just come back, or manifest in some other way, or perhaps even result in a more serious problem being overlooked because that warning is no longer there for the person to take note of.

When doing "healing" work you need to learn certain very important things in order to be responsible at what you do:

1. Leave your ego out of it, never decide yourself what's harmful and what's helpful (i.e. intentionally trying to remove energy). In Reiki you'll learn to add positive energy with the intent that it works for the Highest Good and let it do its thing.

2. You NEVER just treat the symptoms - you need to treat the source/cause of the issue as well, and the Body, Mind, and Spirit as a whole (all are interrelated no matter what the issue is).

In this sort of energy work YOU are not the healer. The CLIENT is healing themselves, we're just giving them the tools and additional energies needed to help along in the process. We have no magical powers ourselves... we're just channeling an energy inherent in all things. And you'll learn in time that this is a greater gift that being able to snap your fingers and cure someone.

Likewise, NEVER EVER EVER claim you can heal even the most seemingly minor issue (such as a headache). We are NOT medical doctors, we are NOT psychologists, and we should never give even the slightest impression that we have these abilities.

I'm just being up front, please don't be offended, I'm sincerely worried and trying to help.

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:00 am

NG, your post has opened my eyes a bit more. I feel much like you and never looked for anything like the "croix mystique" or "gifted healer" lines in my hands despite the fact that I have checked into palmistry before and even have a book on it. So I looked up both terms and what it looks like and I, too have both! Coix mystique in both hands and numerous "gifted healer" lines, especially in my right  (main) hand!! So I got a nice revelation, or rather an explanation why my Reiki skills have turned out to be exceptionally pronounced. I might just ask for a palm reading now! lol... But seriously, if you have the obvious calling to be a healer and found that the ability is there, all the more - DEVELOP IT!! It's a gift from the Creator you should put to good use!

I agree it does not sound like reiki what you are doing and you should treat the cause, not just the symptoms. But I think you have great potential and need to learn all you can.

Reiki is really channeling energy to allow the body to heal itself, indeed. Many people who do energy work to enable healing are often referred to as a healer. I think it simply depends on how you look at it...

By the way I have never charged for any of my Reiki treatments. I would accept donations, however, it is a GIFT to be passed on! Which reminds me - I should do more of it again =)

I hope to hear more of your healing experiences as you develop your abilities. I would study and explore Reiki, QiGong and other forms of energy work ASAP if I was you!

nprabn

Post by nprabn » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:11 pm

hello wer can i get free demo of reiki?

sanctumaanchyl

dear

Post by sanctumaanchyl » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:19 pm

it could be possible that you have an in born power of healing......
coz every one has a power in them self.....  so do nt worry coz u are doing a right job...

only be more possessive about grounding and disconnecting your self with that person after healing him/her.

and do nt forget to meditate or either take any kind of attunement

Minyassa

Post by Minyassa » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:34 am

I am addressing the question "how should I proceed".  It seems you have done at least some research into types of healing (since you picked the Reiki forum), so it stands to reason that you should choose the healing systems that appeal to you most, and take training in them.  You may be a natural healer, but what would Salvador Dali have been if he never picked up a paintbrush?  Simply possessing the talent and desire does not get the work done.  There is an old saying, "The gods help those that help themselves."  We are all born with a path to find and certain talents to discover, but we must work to uncover them, and then to develop them.  There are all sorts of natural healers, ranging from those that have great power with crystals to fantastically skilled medical surgeons to counselors with just the right chairside manner.  Do some exploring and find your "artistic medium", find how your healing wants to manifest, and get the tools and skills to let it out. :)
Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind.
    -Henri-Frederic Amiel

nik8

Post by nik8 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:53 am

You should try Sahaja meditation to charge your chakras. This will facilitate healing, especially self healing. :)

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:14 pm

I agree they are very simple and quick to learn but they do seem to work very well :)
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Return to “Reiki”