CD for reiki

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

tt1

CD for reiki

Post by tt1 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:22 pm

hi all,  :smt017
wondering if anyone can recommend a cd to play whilst giving a reiki session. There are so many to choose from, so I think perhaps its eaier to start with some recommendations. Perhaps sounds of the ocean, or anything relaxing. Have to say I'm not a big fan of anything with piped music - so I'd avoid stuff like that. I personally prefer no music or background noise when I'm receiving a treatment, but several people have told me it helps them relax, and they don't like total silence.
thanks
:)

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:16 pm

I use classical music, I also time the pieces so I know when the session is drawing to a close. I am not a fan of those twink plinkety plink sounds lol. Wolf sounds seemed to startle my clients too and raindrops or the sea made them want to pee lol.
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

greenmerlin

Post by greenmerlin » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:23 pm

There's a cd of music called Reiki Offerings by Shastro & Nadama made particularly for reiki work It's very good. You can get it on Amazon. I actually listen to it in my car all the time.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:13 pm

Reiki offerings is my favourite... it really uplifts me.

I very much prefer background music, but not these whales, dolphin and rainforest noises.

Try Merlin's Journey, and also Arc-en-Ciel, The Healing, by Mike Rowland.

tt1

Post by tt1 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:03 pm

thanks all x x

Minyassa

Post by Minyassa » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:39 am

I'm glad for the suggestions posted here, I had been looking into that myself.  I find Kitaro very soothing, but my mother said it is distracting as the tracks are all so different, and I can see that.  My Reiki master uses Enya, and I find that very soothing also, but some people don't want any vocals.  It works for me, though!
Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind.
    -Henri-Frederic Amiel

tt1

re

Post by tt1 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:58 pm

yes i bought a kitaro cd from a clip i heard on the internet but i agree that the changes are too much - the changes need to be seamless and flow into each other

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:24 am

There is a school of thought which says that as soon as the client or the recipient starts humming with the music.......... that they are being distracted. I have my own preferences when it comes during Reiki and massage.... So I get carried away with the music sometimes? I find certain pieces of music (not vocals for Reiki though) very uplifting and in certain cases they have 'elevated' my healing experience.

Celestial

Re: CD for reiki

Post by Celestial » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:45 am

tt1 wrote:hi all,  :smt017
wondering if anyone can recommend a cd to play whilst giving a reiki session. There are so many to choose from, so I think perhaps its eaier to start with some recommendations. Perhaps sounds of the ocean, or anything relaxing. Have to say I'm not a big fan of anything with piped music - so I'd avoid stuff like that. I personally prefer no music or background noise when I'm receiving a treatment, but several people have told me it helps them relax, and they don't like total silence.
thanks
:)

Hi tt1! Since Reiki is spiritual energy that comes from God, one of my favorites is "Healing with The Lord's Prayer and REIKI" by Reiki Master/Teacher Marsha Burack.  The original soundtrack is by Kristopher Stone.

Always sending out ♥ and great wishes for a beautiful day!
With God's blessings of Compassion, Peace, Joy, and Love,
Celestial

Celestial

Post by Celestial » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:57 am

cedars wrote:Reiki offerings is my favourite... it really uplifts me.

Yes, that is a good one, Cedars!

I very much prefer background music, but not these whales, dolphin and rainforest noises.

Exactly! That's just how I feel too!

Try Merlin's Journey, and also Arc-en-Ciel, The Healing, by Mike Rowland.
Oh, Mike Rowland's music is simply SUPER!! It is so relaxing and beautiful! I love his music "The Fairy Ring" and "Silver Wings"!

You have great taste in music, Cedars! Congrats!

Always sending out ♥ and great wishes for a beautiful day!
Celestial

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:55 am

Thank you Celestial... I am a Mike Rowland fan... He was also my tutor when I attended a psychic/mediumship weekend workshop and his way of working was along with his keyboard.

I use some of his music for my oither forms of complementary therapies..

Celestial

Post by Celestial » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:00 pm

That is great to know, Cedars! If perchance there is another occasion whereby you see Mike, please tell him that he has a big fan right here!

Many blessings to you!

Before I conclude, I will send out ♥ and great wishes for a beautiful day to you!
Celestial

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Thank you very much. I will tell him so if I see him again :)

Return to “Reiki”