little confused

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Songstress

little confused

Post by Songstress » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:00 am

I read the thread about the Reiki Principles.  I'm still confused about how it's used for healing.  I know I have many emotional/trust issues I need to heal.  I really need to open myself up.  I'm open to new things, so I thought I'd give Reiki a try.

CityHunter

Post by CityHunter » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi, Songstress :)  He he.  Felt the same way too when I began to be curious on this subject then.  The key is opening yourself to its possibilities which as you said you've already done.  The next step is to learn the basics.  

Energy healing which is what Reiki is is "fixing" the chi or life force of a living thing.  By balancing the chi of that living thing it will be able to quickly heal its problems may it be physical, emotional and/or spiritual.

Visualization is also the key in making a successful Reiki healing.  I suggest that you try Reiki healing first on a small plant that you have.  Some of those that I taught began theirs with small animals such as their pet goldfish.  Communicate with that living thing.  For newbies, vocal communication is advised.  Remember, science has proven that even plants respond to us - I opine this is because they "feel" the chi generated by our emotions.

Don't push yourself to exhaustion when you do this.  Take baby steps.  Just like when we exercise, our reservoir of chi "expands."

Songstress

Post by Songstress » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:25 am

what exactly are the basics?

CityHunter

Post by CityHunter » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:43 am

You have to prepare yourself completely.  This means cleansing your body physically, emotionally and spiritually.  For any unbalanced chi in your part could be passed on to your subject.  This is where meditation and everyday prayer comes in.  Then, communicated with your subject.  Make it open itself to you so that it can receive the healing energy you are to give it.  You also need to ground yourself or be able to have access to where you can discharge the absorbed chi.  This is why its best done in a place where there are lots of plants - and no other people in the area else they might absorb the discharged bad chi.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:39 am

Songstress, have you been already attuned to any of the Reiki levels, or is this just a primary interest in Reiki?

Songstress

Post by Songstress » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:37 pm

I haven't been attuned.  I'm just really interested in it.

I don't even know what it means to be attuned.

Return to “Reiki”