Reiki & Children

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

gloriagypsy

Reiki & Children

Post by gloriagypsy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:48 am

Reiki and Children

Reiki is the magic that we need to teach our children.  When I first began to learn Reiki I practiced on everyone and everything around me, including my son. He was very curious as to what I was doing, what it was, and the questions when on and on! I would explain to him everything I was learning but in a way that was simplified that he would understand.

After my certification as a Reiki Master Teacher I decided to attune my son to Reiki. I decided to one attunement (equivalent to a fist level reiki attunement) but I did not bother with the Reiki symbolism or specific hand placements.

Instead, I attuned with the energy itself! I also explained to him about the chakra's and aura. I left it to him to follow his instincts when placing his hands and scanning aura's.

Adults question and sometimes struggle with the concept of Reiki, but children just know it so clearly. It is almost second nature to them.

They are so unencumbered to life’s experience which makes them the ideal channel for Reiki energy.  

I now offer childrens Reiki attunement workshops with parental consent.

A Reiki session with a child is a little different than a session with an adult.  Depending on the age of the child, a parent may or may not be present in the room.   I teach them to play with the energy between their hands and visualization.  

When you bring together the openness and wonderment of children with the energy of Reiki healing you create the opportunity for magic here on Earth.  Children are teachers, guides and future leaders and teaching them Reiki enables their clarity and validates their inherent abilities as healers.  Why make our children wait to discover the magnificence of Reiki and what it could bring to them?  

Learning Reiki will keep children open as the natural channel that they are. Reiki encourages empathy, a feeling of connection to living things, plants, trees, animals that children will carry forward into their relationships with people.  Reiki can be instrumental in developing a child’s self esteem.  They will have a valuable tool to help them through the stresses of growing up.

Reiki energy healing encourages self awareness and self empowerment in a child’s learning experience.   If you have been a student of Reiki, you know the potential healing and life changing experiences one can have.  Unlike adults, children have fewer blocks to work through; therefore, the practice of Reiki will provide them with the right forum for manifesting a life of love, peace and harmony.

I have learned as much from their experiences of learning Reiki as they have from me. Children are so open, ready and imaginative making it that much easier to teach Reiki in a fun and easy way.  

The workshops I do help children get in touch with the subtle energy and learn simple methods of using Reiki to help heal themselves and those around them: their family, friends, animals and plants.  

The class is designed to be fun and interesting for children.  The environment will be a nurturing, supportive atmosphere where children will be allowed to discover their potential as an energy healer. They will leave the class with a greater feeling of self-confidence and empowerment.  

How do you know your child is ready to learn Reiki energy healing?

Do they see you learning about it?  Do they ask if they can try?  Do they come to comfort you when you are not feeling well and their touch is soft and gentle yet powerfully soothing and even healing?  Is your child having difficulty fitting in?  Does your child seem to have low self esteem?  Is your child one of the children already aware of their gifts?  If you answered yes to any of these questions, then your child may be ready to learn Reiki.  

Children are magical beings in just who they are.  With the knowledge of Reiki, children become empowered and self aware, making their world a better place and effectively changing our world as well.  Our children are the future of our world; why not provide them with a tool that will make their experience of growing up magnificent?   Why not give them the opportunity to begin now?  

Can children be attuned to reiki?

Yes children can be attuned to reiki. In fact children are often very receptive to healing and energy work..

What is the right age for a child to be attuned?

There are a lot of different responses often given to this question, by various people involved in reiki . It is however each parents right to decide what is and is not appropriate for their child at any given time and age.

What can I do to get my child to be interested in reiki?

As you, or your partner move through your life using Reiki your children will grow with it, by using reiki with every opportunity they will soon learn when to use it and the ways in which you use it.

Talk about reiki with them answer their questions and share the reiki principles with your children. Because Reiki is an important part of your daily life and family life they too may grow to accept it as a normal part of their journey.

Do my children need to work with the reiki principles?

The reiki principles are simple measures that we can all aspire to. Teaching our children from a young age ‘just for today, to not worry’ or ‘just for today, do not anger’ teaches them life enhancing ways to deal with things such as stressful situations and situations they have no control over. Teaching them to honour their parents, teachers and elders allow them to respect others. The reiki principles can help build peace loving and balanced individuals.

Can my child really benefit from reiki?

In today’s society even children are faced with pressures and stressful situations that often as children we did not come across. Each generation is increasingly being handed a more stressful environment to live in and less opportunity for relaxation, leisure time and personal space.

Reiki can bring things such as harmony, balance, well being, relaxation, strength, opportunity and healing to your child and their life. It can provide them with an alternative way to deal with stressful situations, sickness, fear, upset and disharmony, among other things
Reiki only works for the good of all, so can not harm your child in anyway!

Return to “Reiki”