Reiki and non-living forms...?

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:29 pm

Yes, with reiki we are a channel, a conduit that focuses the energy.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri May 01, 2015 1:15 am

Tali,

Are you a qualified practitioner of, or are you currently studying Reiki with the intention to eventually practise it as a profession?

EoT  :)

Talia

Post by Talia » Fri May 01, 2015 12:22 pm

I am qualified in several modalities of reiki and crystal healing, I am Master/Teacher level, I find it helps me to understand the other sides of my work in psychology, but I love to study and learn.  :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 01, 2015 1:15 pm

So, dear friends and fellow-seekers of the Grand Realm of Mysticism, to steer the conversation closer to the starting posting by the OP which we seem to have strayed far away from -- as is typical for most forum discussion threads ;-), what is the reason or thought or belief behind removing all metallic objects and more recently electronic gadgets (watches etc) that many Reiki-aficionados insist upon? The Reiki (and equivalent) energies as these are dubbed are after all not like electricity which is very physical (created by a stream of electrons which are miniscule but physical)...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Fri May 01, 2015 2:03 pm

I find that there is a lot of static electricity created, I cannot wear a watch any longer, it is as if the battery gets drained. My mentor had the same thing happen too,

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 01, 2015 2:08 pm

Talia wrote:I find that there is a lot of static electricity created, I cannot wear a watch any longer, it is as if the battery gets drained. My mentor had the same thing happen too,
You mean during a Reiki session or all the time...? :smt017

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Fri May 01, 2015 2:38 pm

all the time, but I was taught that it is not good practice to wear any jewellery or watch etc during a therapy session. Some people do of course. Some find they never need to change their watch battery too.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri May 01, 2015 2:45 pm

I can never wear a watch during a treatment; not because of any energetic or magnetic field and things related to such. I just think any contact with the client (I do touch the client when I give Reiki) that no other object except my own hands should come close or touch the client.

I would in fact ask a female therapist to remove her bangles, bracelets and so on. It would simply get on my nerves feeling and hearing those annoying noises whilst being given Reiki.

Once we were given Reiju by a lady who had all sorts of ornaments on her person from bracelets to some wooden necklace that throughout the session of giving Reiju I could hear nothing but the dangling noises of her so-called jewellery. Had we not been in a group, I would have told her to remove those ridiculous items and start afresh.... but I didn't :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Talia wrote:all the time, but I was taught that it is not good practice to wear any jewellery or watch etc during a therapy session. Some people do of course. Some find they never need to change their watch battery too.
Thanks Talia for your prompt clarification.

Yes you are right about the caveat, re jewellery etc, that is sounded by many teachers and practitioners. And the varying personal experiences and practices too.

During each of my training sessions and subsequently, the need for grounding was drilled into me, which of course has become an essential part over time.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 01, 2015 2:57 pm

cedars wrote:I can never wear a watch during a treatment; not because of any energetic or magnetic field and things related to such. I just think any contact with the client (I do touch the client when I give Reiki) that no other object except my own hands should come close or touch the client.

I would in fact ask a female therapist to remove her bangles, bracelets and so on. It would simply get on my nerves feeling and hearing those annoying noises whilst being given Reiki.

Once we were given Reiju by a lady who had all sorts of ornaments on her person from bracelets to some wooden necklace that throughout the session of giving Reiju I could hear nothing but the dangling noises of her so-called jewellery. Had we not been in a group, I would have told her to remove those ridiculous items and start afresh.... but I didn't :)
HAHA! That would be annoying for sure and distract from the soothing background refrains of humpback whale calls! ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Reiki”