Why Reiki?

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Why Reiki?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:36 pm

Hi,

I was wondering with the many different types of energy healing methods currently available, whether any of our members who is a student of Reiki would like to explain to us what attracted them to learning it, in preference to all the other energy healing techniques on offer.

In other words WHY DID YOU CHOOSE REIKI, AND NOT CHOOSE SOME OTHER ENERGY HEALING METHOD?

Thanks,

Brian  Image

Talia

Post by Talia » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:52 pm

I think it was because reiki chose me. I wasn't even aware of reiki, people just came to me for assistance and I could help.
But reiki is now all over the internet, even attunements and courses distantly.

There is a very positive energy with reiki and it benefits all. It becomes part of one's life.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:56 am

Thank you Talia for your excellent feedback.

I liked  it when you wrote....
I think it was because reiki chose me.
That adds a new and interesting perspective to why a person may choose one particular healing modality or method in preference to other techniques, which are on the surface identical to each other.

It has been said before that we do not come into this lifetime as empty slates, or books in which nothing so far has been written.

There is at least anecdotal evidence that our preferences in most areas could be to some yet unknown degree a product of what we have explored and studied in one or more of our past lives.

So your statement may or may not be considered as evidence that you either studied and practiced Reiki during a previous incarnation, and that it therefore feels natural to you in this lifetime that you should continue from where you left off possibly decades or centuries before the present moment, while in another life and another body.

Thank you again, and do we have any other students or practitioners of Reiki who would like to add their own contribution to this discussion?

Namaste,

Brian  Image

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:50 am

Like Talia, Reiki chose me during a phase in my life when I most needed it. It served me as a springboard to go on to other holistic therapies such as Reflexology and then to more direct- contact therapies like soft tissue and deep tissue massage.  There are other similar energy healing modalities (or even derivatives of Reiki)  and different names that people call them, but to me they all come from the same Source. It is such a pity some of these modalities do not recognise Reiki or look down at it whilst knowing fully aware that the Source of the energy is the very same Source that they are involved in with their other therapies.

I have had the privilege of attuning people on different levels of Reiki - all on a one-to-one basis.

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:07 pm

So what do people think is the difference (if any) between reiki and spiritual healing?  Isn't it the same energy just with a different take?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:37 pm

Talia wrote:So what do people think is the difference (if any) between reiki and spiritual healing?  Isn't it the same energy just with a different take?
Yes, exactly. That is what I was referring to - Spiritual healing.
In my experience, they don't look kindly at Reiki and I have had a first-hand experience at the Arthur Findlay Co9llege in Stanstead, as it was frowned upon when I introduced myself as Reiki Practitioner a few years back.

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:23 pm

It's a bit like the 'tarot is a tool' thing and isn't needed when spirit reading etc.  But I never realised that the Findlays frowned on reiki, that is very sad.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:39 am

I am really pleased that I asked this question in the first place as it has helped me to know and understand more about the people whom I feel privileged to work with as an equal on this website, on a day to day basis.

And all of this began with a simple query about why people may prefer Reiki, when compared to learning other energy healing techniques.

This has also I feel allowed the other members to more fully appreciate the depth of character and pooled life experience which is being made available to them through their site helper team, with no strings.

I am of the opinion that unless we can bring a refreshed sense of humanity back into whatever we do here to help each other on Mystic Board, mainly by recognising that none of us is perfect, that we all have our own problems and that unnecessary barriers only get in the way of us forming new and positive connections with each other, that we will sooner rather than later go the same way as so many other psychic/spiritual sites have gone before us.

Either virtual graveyards where no one has posted to their forums within the last 5 years or more, or you get the message that this domain is for sale.

RIP,

Brian

yogadeb

Re: Why Reiki?

Post by yogadeb » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:46 pm

I have a different take on Reiki versus the other modalities. For me when I transfer energy I have 3 different types of energy that I can transfer. One is a cold numbing version, one is very hot and my palms glow purple, and the other is very vibrational and my hands flop uncontrollably. When I do a spiritual healing I envoke Jesus Christ or his arch angels. I am not just a facilitator I am much more involved in the process. I am blended I have Reiki 1, 2 and my Masters/Teachers certs, Sekeim 1 and 2, Full Spectrum, Kundalini, and I have a healing modality of my own. I have mentored many of my classmates and what I have discovered is I can do a meditation to transfer my gift of healing and when I do so they can use all the symbols Reiki related and they work. I have many friends that are healers and many family members. And there are many levels or abilities when it comes to healing. Every so often I discover a new gift that I have that makes me feel like a freck but then the need for it comes by way of a client in need. You ask why Reiki and I have to say because Reiki is over promoted all throughout the world wide web. You will find tons of literature and information about it. And Reiki is a great place to start, its easy to learn. But Reiki facilitates the balance of the mind body and soul. It doesn't make you a "Healer" And I am not putting it down I am just clearing up the confusion. As a healer I can see auras, balance chakras, remove attachments, I can take on the pain someone is feeling in order to give them some relieve, I will feel what they feel, and there is so much more. I am not limited to what is in the manuels. And I am not limited to just humans. There is no certification for what I have been doing all my life, so Reiki is that documentation I got so I can get a business license. OMG and I cant tell you how many times I have seen someone go on a Reiki website looking for answers and announce that they think maybe their purpose in life is to heal, omly to have someone rip them apart and tell them they have a ego that needs to be deflated. We all need to come together and share everything we know so those who are suffering will no longer have to.

yogadeb

Post by yogadeb » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:12 pm

I am very open minded and curious and old (lol) so for those of you who are the same, the only way to learn any of the healing stuff is ask questions. I am very approachable. And if you have any questions you would like to ask, I wont mind. Over the years I have discovered a number of different techniques can work for one issue. And I am always amazed by you younger generations- my kids have some of my same gifts but they are more efficient and quicker about their methods. I love that!!! Have a great day everyone!!!!

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:02 am

Welcome to Mystic Board, and thank you for your kind offer to share what you know about Reiki with us.

There is one thing I did want to ask you, though.

What is a freck?

As in
makes me feel like a freck
The only reference I can find to freck on the internet says that it is the shortened form of the word freckles. :smt017

There is quite a lot of controversy these days about energy healing in general, including whether in fact there is a direct transfer of energy from the healer to the patient.

While I have personally tried some energy healing techniques (especially Quantum Touch) both on others as well as on myself ,and have experienced what appears to be a flow of energy mainly down my spine and from my heart chakra down both arms to the palms of my hands, and can sense the other person's aura, I tend to believe that all healing is self healing. This includes the possibility that there is no actual transfer of energy between us and them.

We are channels for the healing energy, but not their channels. :smt045

Which basically means that the real healer is the person who needs the healing, and not the person who thinks that the energy is being transmitted to their patient through them.

The theory goes that our bodies contain an innate healing intelligence, which knows exactly what we need to heal and how to get it.

Our main function is therefore only to help or facilitate the person to be able to get more in touch with their own healing intelligence, and to get out of their own way in order to allow that intelligence to do whatever is needed to restore balance and harmony.

The life energy (prana, chi, ki etc) which is needed is all around us all of the time, but the healing intelligence can take in and channel the energy by itself to wherever in the physical body it is most needed, normally without any human intervention.

This process has happened naturally since humans first came on the scene. It is only when the flow of energy throughout the person's body is for some reason disturbed, disrupted or blocked, that disEASE develops.

This newer model of healing in no way conflicts with people's existing religious beliefs (the life energy can be thought of as a manifestation of the Divine), and completely changes the way in which we view what is most likely to be happening when a healing is underway.

It seriously challenges the older ideas about who is the healer, whether there is any energy being transferred, introduces the concept of a built in healing intelligence, and most importantly in my opinion removes the very human tendency to allow our egos to get in the way of what is above all an act of loving and caring for each other.

The humble and compassionate intention to heal or to reduce another person's suffering is always more important than the specific method which is being used in an effort to accomplish that healing.

Whether the healing technique or method being used at the time and in that particular situation happens to be Reiki, or whether instead it is one of the many other methods which fall under this category, the ego is not welcome and unless controlled it can all too easily get in the way of what healing was always meant to be about.

LOVE! :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049

Regards,

Brian :smt006

Return to “Reiki”