Why do we forget?

Do u believe in rebirth or reincarnation? Do u believe in Past Life Experience? Discuss and Know more about it here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rich_1088

Why do we forget?

Post by Rich_1088 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:38 pm

Why do we forget our past lifes? How come our subconscious minds seem to remember?

Can anyone offer some advise?

Prof. Akers

Why?

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:18 pm

A simple explanation would be that the you that was then, is not the you that is now.
Until someone comes up with a definative answer to question of nature V nurture, I'll go with my view that you are combination of your own, inate, inborn talents,moderated by your parents, further moderated by the kind of society you grew up in,then even further moderated by your own personal life experience.
I'm reasonably sure I flew a biplane in WW1 but think about the kind of world it was in 1917 as opposed to when I grew up from the 40s onward, in fact look at the differnce between when I was born (1948) to now.
Stuart :smt020

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:23 pm

I think many things from past lives would be very traumatic to remember so we block them. Children seem more able to remember past lives than adults. I have strong feelings of deja vu in places I have never been before and flashes of memory but no more.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:16 am

Traumatic or inutile and useless?

Don't recall the last time I reviewed the notes I took down religiously and meticulously as if my life depended on those, when I was in 7th grade!

RR

[quote="starryskies"]I think many things from past lives would be very traumatic to remember so we block them. Children seem more able to remember past lives than adults. I have strong feelings of deja vu in places I have never been before and flashes of memory but no more.[/quote]

susanna

Post by susanna » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:06 am

I think that we also forget about what went on in our previous physical existences because we are once again trapped in 3rd dimensional reality. The slower vibrational frequencies of 3rd dimension don't allow us to open up and access such information that exists on higher planes.
The reason why we are able to get glimpses and facts treacling in about our past lives is because many of us from moment to moment reach a higher frequency (without us realizing it - it happens spontaneously sometimes because something may have triggered it) and as a result we "see" and "feel" many spiritual truths - among those truths are our previous incarnations. As a result of higher frequency, we can open our chakra and when the third eye is open - previous incarnations are understood, and some people can access the akashic field while reaching higher frequencies. Only at a higher frequency, or 4th dimensional reality, can we understand our past life. Meditation exercises are essential for achieving this.
Indigo Children and Crystal children are already at 4th dimensional reality and beyond. Also, if there are certain karmic happenings, lessons to be learned, or events to be experienced - then it is impossible for you to access your past life because if you were to see what happened in previous incarnations, you also would understand the karma you are carrying and would be able to foresee something that is "written". This my make one try to manipulate or change your future and that would cause a cosmic ripple of disturbance.

theancient_dr

Post by theancient_dr » Sat May 05, 2007 2:03 am

Spirit/soul/mind---inseperable
In the beginning there was spirit
there was no body and the will of man was in accord with that which had created it
when the spirit creation of the Creator came upon this earth ---until there was deviation from the plan of the Creator----there was no need for recording actions by the spirit--- once there was deviation, the soul came into being to house the record of all happenings of that spirit.

When entering this sphere of existence your rememberance of the other side and previous incarnations is veiled----

Why, your entry this time is to satisfy learning experiences that YOU have set for you to perform and learn through the freedom of your actions.

No memory is ever lost for all memories are recorded on the soul/mind. The soul does not need a mind
your body has need of the soul/mind to capture memories of this life time.

All entries into this sphere are to provide spirit growth

love to all---------

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat May 05, 2007 3:24 am

I am sorry but what is the authentic source of these gems of truth and how do we know that these are indeed true and not a product of a channeled entity having a bad hair day (too much cold pizza, etc)

RR
Scepticism is the chastity of intellect

[quote="theancient_dr"]Spirit/soul/mind---inseperable
In the beginning there was spirit
there was no body and the will of man was in accord with that which had created it
when the spirit creation of the Creator came upon this earth ---until there was deviation from the plan of the Creator----there was no need for recording actions by the spirit--- once there was deviation, the soul came into being to house the record of all happenings of that spirit.

When entering this sphere of existence your rememberance of the other side and previous incarnations is veiled----

Why, your entry this time is to satisfy learning experiences that YOU have set for you to perform and learn through the freedom of your actions.

No memory is ever lost for all memories are recorded on the soul/mind. The soul does not need a mind
your body has need of the soul/mind to capture memories of this life time.

All entries into this sphere are to provide spirit growth

love to all---------[/quote]

Teressa

Forgetfullness

Post by Teressa » Tue May 08, 2007 1:25 pm

I think we forget because we are lazy. We tend to remember what we want to!

Rohiniranjan

Re: Forgetfullness

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 08, 2007 11:42 pm

I think I will pay heed to wise older member Rhutobello's recent message and just thank you for your message and say, "Okay Teressa ..." ;-)

RR

[quote="Teressa"]I think we forget because we are lazy. We tend to remember what we want to![/quote]

KHEM

Post by KHEM » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:41 pm

Well, Divine Wisdom casts a veil on our consciences because it is good for us that it is done that way.

Imagine you could remember that somebody who plotted to kill you (and succeeded) in a past life "happens" :) to be your very best friend in this life or even your wife or husband or some other  close member of your family that you get on well with this time.

Just stop and ask sincerely yourself : "How would I react?" :)

lolll :) Well, you see...

Until you are able to look at your life unemotionally and appreciate the Good and "bad" in your Life and see them as what they truly were ; namely opportunities for growth. Until you are able to do that willingly, Divine Wisdom will veil truths about your past.

Some people try to recover the past without having practiced first Forgiveness; That way of doing is very limitative in itself because you are more likely to suffer terribly. Just take the case I proposed above...

Divine Wisdom knows what's best, all it requires is Faith...

epsilonsmirror

hello,rich 1088

Post by epsilonsmirror » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:25 am

sorry,I accidently posted this twice.
Last edited by epsilonsmirror on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

epsilonsmirror

hello,rich 1088

Post by epsilonsmirror » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:28 am

Perhaps the reason you forget is so that you can remember.(safely)
I think it protects the new body from reliving the previous death, before the new mind can distinguish
between what is now and what is in the past.
If you remember too thoroughly you may die in sympathy for the previous death.
And children often remember specific things that are usually not dangerous to thier life.
However I have heard of people dieing because they entered into the memory rather than just observing.
It became reality again rather than an incident that was being veiwed from a distance in time.
sometimes dreams and visions can have the same effect.
I have remembered things that way when I was younger.
I would get cuts, bruises, scars and pains in places I know I have never injured in this lifetime.
The memory was so painful that for a moment I could not detach from it.
For me the pain is usually about lonliness,isolation and harshness from those who were around me then.
The scars would sometimes bleed or turn red and full of heat as if they were infected.
They would not go away until I acknowledged them and found a way to forgive myself and others of the pain.
Then they would go away and not return.
Maybe this is why we forget for a while.

KHEM

Post by KHEM » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:00 pm

Well you got it :)

danny.israel

Post by danny.israel » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:54 am

not sure if someone posted this,

what about the simple idea that you that was then was ego, based on memories of that life and when you died those memories did too. The parts of you that may somehow transcend the ego into very spiritual experience may be recalled when you enter a very spiritual experience maybe. To me that idea just makes sense and I've had a similar experience. It makes sense to me that what will carry on from your past lives will be something that somehow your actual spirit can register and re-inform this ego and give it that crazy I already know this feeling. So to imagine maybe a situation where you go very very high and are having some mystical experience, you experience non duality and all of a sudden you get this crazy notion of already knowing all this stuff and that you've already been here it's all just feeling so weirrdd. hahaha.  That's the sort of experience I've had however it was drug induced so that changes a lot.

KHEM

Post by KHEM » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:05 am

That's exactly what we were talking about...By the time you reach the consciousness you are talking about, you would be detached and more prone to "re-member" whatever happened in the past because it wouldn't hurt you but really expand that new spiritual consciousness... :)

Return to “Reincarnation and Past Life Experience”