Why do we forget?

Do u believe in rebirth or reincarnation? Do u believe in Past Life Experience? Discuss and Know more about it here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ang-e

Interesting

Post by ang-e » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:49 am

How many people here are indigos?

MangoMom

Why do we not remember

Post by MangoMom » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:14 pm

Here's a simple  explanation, but I think most responses are correct.    - for those that have delivered a baby,  We don't remember the pain, when we had that child, we do remember there was a lot of pain, but the brain tends to protect us from the memory of the actual pain, or there would probably be a lot less babies. :smt005   Once you see that beautiful miracle there is only the memory that there was pain, not the  pain itself.  

Love, Light and Laughter
MangoMon

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:16 pm

This is awesome. :smt002
rohiniranjan wrote:I am sorry but what is the authentic source of these gems of truth and how do we know that these are indeed true and not a product of a channeled entity having a bad hair day (too much cold pizza, etc)

RR
Scepticism is the chastity of intellect

questor

Post by questor » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:43 pm

what if you died happy? and satisfied?

hmmm remembering is a vague concept..i think it's too much of an info overload for a person..we all would be a bunch of know-it-all individuals, proud..if we all remember our past lives....dangerous

MangoMom

Post by MangoMom » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:46 pm

Questor,

You bring up a good point.  Dieing happy....I tend to believe my father died happy and satisfied.   He was 78 years old, my mom had pass 5 or 6 years earlier.  He went fishing 3 or 4 times a week, had a Friday night fish fry whether anyone else showed up or not.  He was a good man, a carpenter and loved working with his hands, had a vegetable garden and sold his extra fish for spending money.  He died in his boat, fishing, when the coroner sent me his watch it had the smell of fish and goo all over it.  I think he caught the big one and just couldn't get it in the boat and had a heart attack, fell back in the boat and was gone.  What more could you ask for?  God blessed him with everything he had ever asked for.  

Yes, re-remembering could be way too dangerous, we are here to learn and experience the here and now, not the past. The past cannot be changed, so many lives would be affected if even one little thing was changed.  What a terrible thing to imagine.

carte_blanche

Post by carte_blanche » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:49 pm

We forget about our past lives because our souls are recreated and reformed by the creator. Depends on what you follow (religion) it brings upon a different ideology and reasoing.

druid

Reincarnation and Past life experiences (views)

Post by druid » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:56 pm

I agree with Susanna. At birth and younger years it is more clear as to who we are in other realities.. For the current incarnation, the whole idea in my perspective is to embody the 3 dimentional reality to carry out the current incarnation. Hence , our focus narrows to incompass this existance.
I have clear memory of being born "here" in this time frame, with the knowing of who I am. With the awareness of those arround me, be it in physical or etherical form. I have always known "since birth" I am not of this world (reality,dimention,) I have always known this birth into 3 dimentional is just one experience, a fragment of who I am.
This does not mean I have not forgotten while living this present existance who Iam.. trust me, there have been periods in this present existance where I lost contact with my knowings.. Yet all for the good.. of the experience.
I also agree with the perspective of vibrational energy and freqencey . The 3 dimentional reality which we all at present moment exist in, has a slower rate of vibration. It is my perspective that we can alture this freqencey of vibration to see and hear and feel different  knowledge and information.
If anyone has any thing further to add feel free.

Return to “Reincarnation and Past Life Experience”