Past Lives : Can you remember a past life?

Do u believe in rebirth or reincarnation? Do u believe in Past Life Experience? Discuss and Know more about it here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Can you remember something from a past life?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:52 pm

yes
71%
no
14%
I know I have a past life but thats all
14%

Total votes: 7

Ladymaggic

Past Lives : Can you remember a past life?

Post by Ladymaggic » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:52 pm

I have been looking for information on past lives, and there is really very little.

I believe we have past lives...and I know that some people have had experiences that lead them to realize there was something in a past...like visiting a place and knowing you were there before, or meeting someone for the first time and knowing they were an important part of your life somewhere.....and doing something that you knew you couldn't do and yet you just did...

Please share your experiences here..and also on my blog..

Maggi
<edited> Links not allowed in signature. To put link in signature please see http://mysticboard.org/mediakit.html

EmeraldWings

Re: Past Lives : Can you remember a past life?

Post by EmeraldWings » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:16 am

Ladymaggic wrote:I have been looking for information on past lives, and there is really very little.

I believe we have past lives...and I know that some people have had experiences that lead them to realize there was something in a past...like visiting a place and knowing you were there before, or meeting someone for the first time and knowing they were an important part of your life somewhere.....and doing something that you knew you couldn't do and yet you just did...

Please share your experiences here..and also on my blog..

Maggi
Well, I could say that I know I've had at least one past life and from the visions I have received I am considered an Otherkin. For those who don't know, otherkin have inhuman souls and have found through meditation and other means found what animal soul you have.

Me, I know that I have been a dragon(even still am but in a human body). Would that count as a past life? I've done past life regression on my own and sometimes gotten visions of being a green dragon floating above the world on the jet streams. Now for those who would think I am making this up, I have never been one to roleplay. I am just not good at it. :smt003

Well, my experiences even carry out to the conscious world, too. About my dragon life, I was green but pretty small. About the size of a great dane, with very bird-like features and feathers along the neck and the elbows of the front limbs. I feel ghost limbs (wings, tail...) and this had been going on &nbsp;for at least 8 years.

Please correct me if this is not a true past life regression, but this is my experience.

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:38 am

Hi Emerald Wings,

Welcome to Mystic Board.

I have to say that realistically I doubt that you were ever a dragon, my personal belief is that they don't and have never existed, but... many creatures that people call 'dragons' are actually relics from the age of the dinosaurs and look dragon-like. The old adage of breathing fire is probably more to do with the incredibly hot breath that dinosaurs had compared to us, which would show as clouds of water vapour like that seen when we breath out on a cold day. &nbsp;Many of the bird species were green and flew too :)

My understanding of an 'Otherkin' is not necessarily having an animal soul, but more common mythical creatures to which Otherkin claim some connection would be angels, demons, dragons, elves, fairies, lycanthropes, and aliens. The interest grew after the Lord Of The Rings Elven Trilogy became more publiscised. &nbsp;Shapeshifters and metamorphs have a truer link to animals.

However, through meditation we can link into our animal guides and animal totem animals and this may be what is confusing you?

EmeraldWings

Post by EmeraldWings » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:19 am

Gem wrote:Hi Emerald Wings,

Welcome to Mystic Board.

I have to say that realistically I doubt that you were ever a dragon, my personal belief is that they don't and have never existed, but... many creatures that people call 'dragons' are actually relics from the age of the dinosaurs and look dragon-like. The old adage of breathing fire is probably more to do with the incredibly hot breath that dinosaurs had compared to us, which would show as clouds of water vapour like that seen when we breath out on a cold day. &nbsp;Many of the bird species were green and flew too :)
And that is perfectly fine as that is totally your opinion. And I consider dragons to have existed but I never thought that they could breathe fire or anything else. I knew that they could in legends, but in my theory, not when they were alive.

Well, thank you for your opinion as I wasn't too sure if that would count as a past life. ;]
My understanding of an 'Otherkin' is not necessarily having an animal soul, but more common mythical creatures to which Otherkin claim some connection would be angels, demons, dragons, elves, fairies, lycanthropes, and aliens. The interest grew after the Lord Of The Rings Elven Trilogy became more publiscised. &nbsp;Shapeshifters and metamorphs have a truer link to animals.
Well, true but some could disagree, but that's not what we're discussing here. :D

Hmm, I would have to say that they are pretty popular, but I myself am not of fan of that series.
However, through meditation we can link into our animal guides and animal totem animals and this may be what is confusing you?
You know what's funny? When meditating once, I asked to see my spirit guide in true form, and he is a white dog. Huskey-like in appearance but all white. Ironically, I am very scared of dogs. :smt005

net net

once you're dead you're dead

Post by net net » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:15 am

i don't believe in reincarnation, because the simple fact to me once you're dead, you're dead. &nbsp;l believe that we are an earthly spirit and once our spirit dies. it is dead and stay dead forever. &nbsp;that is my opinion. :smt009

Gem

Re: once you're dead you're dead

Post by Gem » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:33 am

net net wrote:i don't believe in reincarnation, because the simple fact to me once you're dead, you're dead.  l believe that we are an earthly spirit and once our spirit dies. it is dead and stay dead forever.  that is my opinion. :smt009
Thing is though its not a fact is it?

It's the great unknown!

You believe that to be true but it's not a fact......yet

brandoNZ

Post by brandoNZ » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:35 am

I was thinking of a way to word what i was going to say but you easily said it for me Gem.
:)

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:38 am

heehee... great minds think alike?

brandoNZ

Post by brandoNZ » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:40 am

A greater mind awakens a simple mind more like it. :smt003

amcresume

Maybe I have lived in a past life

Post by amcresume » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:00 pm

I often see myself live a life during the Civil War days. &nbsp;Have even gone as far as seeing me talk to someone and know his name. &nbsp;Is this silly, or could it be real?
Anne-Marie Carroll
A world complete with romantic suspense and sassy, sensual romance.

Kath

Is it a sin, as a Catholic, to believe

Post by Kath » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:50 am

I was brought up Roman Catholic, believing that when we die we are united with God in heaven (hopefully). &nbsp;However, I feel extremely connected to old Ireland. &nbsp;When I finally was able to visit 5 years ago, I felt more at home there than in the USA. &nbsp;I sometimes feel that I am currently living in the wrong time and place.

Any thoughts?

the fool

remember past life

Post by the fool » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:29 pm

Yets its possible .As we &nbsp;return not rencarnate we repesat the same thing that we do in our past life the only thing that we bring our karma plus the good thing that we do before .this life its a repetition of the other

Leslie

Post by Leslie » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:16 pm

I wonder if my facination with the Native American culture means I was a NA in my past life? &nbsp;I have always been curious about that. I wish I was NA. I would love to experience the richness of their culture first hand. But, I am limited because I am not. I learn a lot from my dear friend who is Navajo, but some things he just can not share. Oh Well...

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:30 pm

Leslie wrote:I wonder if my facination with the Native American culture means I was a NA in my past life? &nbsp;I have always been curious about that. I wish I was NA. I would love to experience the richness of their culture first hand. But, I am limited because I am not. I learn a lot from my dear friend who is Navajo, but some things he just can not share. Oh Well...
Maybe it is a first step into looking into NA teachings. Not anyone path contains the entire truth? Perhaps it has glimpses of it.

Leslie

Post by Leslie » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:06 pm

sidewalk bends,

Where you meaning I should look into the NA teachings? It's early morning and my brain is not working yet...lol

Return to “Reincarnation and Past Life Experience”