Can one "feel" a previous life?

Do u believe in rebirth or reincarnation? Do u believe in Past Life Experience? Discuss and Know more about it here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MuchachaMagica

Can one "feel" a previous life?

Post by MuchachaMagica » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:18 am

I did a self-regression a few days ago for the first time. I specifically wanted to know about the relationship I had with someone I know in this life. I mean, I asked to be shown a life where something that still affects us happened.
The thing is that I couldn't see much, I only got an image of a young woman who was dressed in clothes that looked old. I think that woman is me. But then I started to "feel" a lot of things: I felt that I was pregnant and this person that I was asking about was my son. And I think that I gave him up. I think that he was with me for some time, but then I couldn't keep him (I don't know but I think I was very poor and young) and gave him up. And always felt guilty about that, and also think that he always wanted to go back to his 'real' mother.
My question is: is it possible to "feel" a past life? I couldn't really see much, so I wonder if it was just my imagination. Although, I have to admit that even my memories from this life are not really 'visual'. I have very good memory, but what I remember more are things said, feelings and sensations... Any thoughts?

wicked_witch

Post by wicked_witch » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:21 am

it's possible..
some poeple may still have some memories from their past life,even it's just a little and vaque...
but you can actually improve it if you practice meditation,but you should be patient and tough..coz nothing good come instantly

taina

yes, u can "feel" a past life

Post by taina » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:08 pm

hi muchacha,

yes, you can feel a past life.  that is actually the best way to remember.  as time goes on the feelings and images get sharper.  we all have a subconscious mechanism preventing us from remembering past lives at first so that we can grow the present personality.  but as we begin to get information - if it serves us karmically to do so - this mechanism relaxes.  this is why, as wicked_witch says, it takes time.

check this sense of memory to see if it fits in with the feelings or experiences you are having now with this person.  do you still feel the same way, or are you now the one experiencing loss?  if the latter, self-forgiveness may be in order.

taina

jotejete

Post by jotejete » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:38 am

Hi MuchachaMagica,

Try this exercise. Before falling asleep, tell yourself you want to dream about one of your past lives. Think to yourself you want to remember the past life you had involving the specific person in this life. If it doesn't work the first night , keep trying the following night. I and my friends have had some great results in a day or two using this dream suggestion technique.

Love and Light

student

Post by student » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:21 am

Dear jotejete,
i wish to know , how you differentiate your dreams that which are from your past life and which are from your own imagination?
:smt017  :smt017
with regards
student
with Regards
Student

jotejete

Post by jotejete » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:24 am

Hi Dev,
As you might know we use the same viewing screen in dreams as we use for our imagination. So, the way I differentiate is by feeling. It feels like you have actually been in that place and done those things. Of couse one can always be imagining it, so I ask my higher self during meditation if this is a past life. I also try to obtain "third party verification". Recently I got a psychic reading from MangoMom ( at this site ) and she told me about a past life that matched exactly what I had been dreaming.

P.S. I find your question applies very well to psychic information in general. I do psychic readings for people and never know one hundred percent when the info. is accurate. So we always do need to question things- great question by the way.

Hope that helps

Joe

student

Post by student » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:20 am

dear jotejete,
    Since, you got all information about myself, may i ask for a reading. Please, call me student.
with regards
student
with Regards
Student

jotejete

Post by jotejete » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:31 am

No problem, I'll call you Student
Be advised I'm copying your signature from your post here so you see what you wrote:

"with Regards
Dev"

If you don't want your name known, delete your signature.

student

Post by student » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:36 am

Plesae check your PM.
with regards
Dev

MuchachaMagica

Post by MuchachaMagica » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:40 pm

Thanks to all who replied to my post. For some reason, I haven't been receiving reply notifications these last few days so I've only read them now. I think it's ok now, though.
To be honest, I am not usually interested in my past lives, because I think we should focus in the "here and now". But I obviously believe we live many lives (although I think we live them all at the same time).
In this particular case, I was curious because I know I have a very strong karmic connection with this person... and I don't want to have that anymore. I love this person very much, and I hope if one day I see him again, it will be without that burden.
We met a long time ago, and after some time we lost contact with each other for many years. And during that time, I know both of us felt the loss. We met again some time ago, and then I started thinking that -for some reason- we were given another chance to resolve that karma. That's why I did the regression.
And now, since my previous post, he has "disappeared" again, and I was left with this terrible sense of loss and hurt. Because this time, I believe it was his own decision, and in a way I feel he still cannot trust me -even though I have always been completely honest and open with him, but maybe that comes from that other life.
Fortunately, I have been receiving some other 'messages', this time through my dreams, that have helped me to see more clearly. And now I know it is not my fault. He is perfectly capable of taking his own decisions, and I am no longer willing to take any blame or feel any guilt. I hope he is happy, and I want to be happy too.  :)

tlsmith1138

Feelings.

Post by tlsmith1138 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:49 am

Feelings are more universal than words.  I can remember things from when I was very, very young, but I remember them as feelings, no words. I remember the later parts of three lives, but I remember them as feelings, no words. I can make contact with or am contacted by near by spirits, quite often, but it tends to be more in feelings than words. I can remember a very short time period just before I returned in this incarnation, but it too is also more in feelings than in words. Feelings can be so strong that they can easily be remembered as seeming to be words when they were not.
The biggest killer isn't cancer or heart disease. It's feeling unwanted.

KASATSA

It is possible

Post by KASATSA » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:28 pm

Sometimes the almighty may allow us to remember our previous births. Howeve , this always causes agony and so by default it is alwasy shut off. Sometimes if we have done certain kinds of Karma's we get this special benediction of remebering our previous birth.

Rurk61

"feeling" past lives

Post by Rurk61 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:14 am

I can't comment on the technique you mention, because I have never tried it, and haven't really investigated it, but I think I have had a lot of experiences in my life where I have felt a past life connection.

A recurring dream I had as a child that had nothing to do with the life I had had up til that point.

Interest in certain countries and time periods- in my case Russia, esp 19th C Russia; Japan- maybe at time the country began; Germany and France- no particular time period; and Ancient Egypt-some time during the New Kingdom.

Other strong interests- Science of many kinds and Astrology has felt very natural to me.

There is one love relationship I have had in this life that I am fairly sure connects to one or more past lives- probably Egypt.

Anyway, I think that paying attention to these feelings is a good way of investigating some of our past lives.

Return to “Reincarnation and Past Life Experience”