the way you dress?

Do u believe in rebirth or reincarnation? Do u believe in Past Life Experience? Discuss and Know more about it here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

lily-anne

the way you dress?

Post by lily-anne » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:17 pm

Hi, Just wondering if you think that the way you dress, the style etc especially when you are a child could be linked to a previous life? I have always had a slightly differnt sense of dress with particular reference to hair and dress styles from the late 18th century. I obviously didn't recognise this to later in life. But even in junior school i would always pick the long dresses and put my hair in curls. is this just my personality or something else?
Lily-anne

Gwenavr

Post by Gwenavr » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:37 pm

Oh wow thats a great question I am very interested to read any answers or input people may have in regards to this .. very interesting thanx for bringing this up  :)
peace
Gwen

Forest Of Mysteries

Post by Forest Of Mysteries » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:22 pm

Yes, I think that the influence of past lives can be carried over and so change your dress or personality and your likes and dislikes.

What kind of dress is it? Does that give any clues?

Rev_Vesta

I believe some of your past lives can really influence you..

Post by Rev_Vesta » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:45 am

in your current life... I love ethnic, Egyptian type fabrics and Indian type fabrics which have been brought through from several of my past lives.........but I also love the Native American Type paintings, styles of dress, jewellery also brought through from a past life..... I believe my music choices are influenced from my past lifes... I do not enjoy listening to some of the new modern type rap music  and other metal rock etc.........
Love and Light,
Namaste
Rev_Vesta........

PaganPriest

Post by PaganPriest » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:26 am

Good question! I think it is very hard to judge what influences a past life has on your current life, but it is entirely possible that you are being influenced by past life memories. Myself, when I was young, I loved heavy metal music. I still like the older groups, but find that I am more drawn to old traditional ballads and classical music. (I am listening to Beethoven as I write) Is this just because I am getting older and heavy metal gives me a headache? Or are my past lives influencing me? Who knows, but it is nice to think I may have heard this music when it was new.
My karma ran over your dogma - Sorry :)

firejakc

not true

Post by firejakc » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:10 pm

think how u dress this time cant determine wat u were in the past life. But i think where you were born determine your past life contribution.
FireJakc~0~

Forest Of Mysteries

Post by Forest Of Mysteries » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:26 pm

PaganPriest wrote:Good question! I think it is very hard to judge what influences a past life has on your current life, but it is entirely possible that you are being influenced by past life memories. Myself, when I was young, I loved heavy metal music. I still like the older groups, but find that I am more drawn to old traditional ballads and classical music. (I am listening to Beethoven as I write) Is this just because I am getting older and heavy metal gives me a headache? Or are my past lives influencing me? Who knows, but it is nice to think I may have heard this music when it was new.
Personally I would say that the children that love Beethoven from a very young age are much more likely to have that as a lingering or residual past life memory :) I love rock too and loud, and as I get older it has to be louder lol !

Its easy to differentiate really, some things are not quite to be expected , others are :)

Forest Of Mysteries

Re: not true

Post by Forest Of Mysteries » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:28 pm

firejakc wrote:think how u dress this time cant determine wat u were in the past life. But i think where you were born determine your past life contribution.
Really? So you think that where we are born can be a reflection of where we were born before? But then how do poeple have so many different past life experiences? I have travelled the world, here, there, everywhere :)

PaganPriest

Post by PaganPriest » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:35 pm

Forest Of Mysteries wrote:
PaganPriest wrote:Good question! I think it is very hard to judge what influences a past life has on your current life, but it is entirely possible that you are being influenced by past life memories. Myself, when I was young, I loved heavy metal music. I still like the older groups, but find that I am more drawn to old traditional ballads and classical music. (I am listening to Beethoven as I write) Is this just because I am getting older and heavy metal gives me a headache? Or are my past lives influencing me? Who knows, but it is nice to think I may have heard this music when it was new.
Personally I would say that the children that love Beethoven from a very young age are much more likely to have that as a lingering or residual past life memory :) I love rock too and loud, and as I get older it has to be louder lol !

Its easy to differentiate really, some things are not quite to be expected , others are :)
I suppose it comes down to the nature/nurture idead. I was never really exposed to classical music as a child, I grew up listening to the music that my family/friends listened to. It was only later that I "discovered" other forms of music and was attracted by it.

I think that past life experience can be suppressed in early life, but can then resurface when we achieve independance of thought as we grow older.
My karma ran over your dogma - Sorry :)

Return to “Reincarnation and Past Life Experience”