Correct version of spiritual knowledge

Do u believe in rebirth or reincarnation? Do u believe in Past Life Experience? Discuss and Know more about it here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dattaswami

Correct version of spiritual knowledge

Post by dattaswami » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:44 pm

Once you receive the true knowledge from God in human form, you will have the three correct versions a) that you are not the God and therefore the spiritual effort must be put up. b) The path to please the God is consisting of prayers by words, devotion by mind, discussion of God by intelligence, sacrifice of work and sacrifice of fruit of work. The last two make the plate of meals and first three form the freely supplied drinking water that must be also associated with meals. c) God is beyond logic but gives His experience through human body (flesh). These three versions are called as Triputi, which is the real form of the spiritual knowledge

At the Lotus feet of Datta Swami
ANIL ANTONY

Austin

Post by Austin » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:48 pm

Thanks for sharing that. I also would like to point out that I recieved and became one with Atman two winters ago. I was working downtown as a hotdog vendor when I noticed a homeless girl. She was 17, I was 19. At this point in my life I was quite content with everything I had. I knew it was wrong for her to be sleeping on the street so I allowed her to stay at my house. I had no intention of any sexual activity which I told her on the way home (I am asexual) and she said she could feel that from me. I gave her clothes, money at times to go shopping, jewelry, etc. I made her feel normal, good, maybe. Later on I became VERY sick. So sick that I slept for 3 days straight at the height of the agony. When I awoke from my 3-day slumber I had quit smoking. From then on, for two weeks, I recieved Atman. I was so happy, which is why I said in the other topic that the love of this earth is false. I know true happiness and when I hear people say they are happy I smile and giggle inside because I know they just mean they are content. In those 2 weeks I had more spiritual experiences then ever before. Although I knew I had to share my joy with others by doing good for others, the very thing which got me to that point, I was selfish, it was too good of a feeling for someone who was unwise in the ways of spiritualism to do much about. I worried about, and my selfish love of another, a girl I've known who lives 850 miles away, and a mental break-down caused my retreat to this mind-numbing existence.
I absolutely CANNOT think back to that time and remember myself being selfish or greedy at all in anyway, anywhere at anytime.
So, I'll just add that selfless-service, as in, not being concious of what you are doing while doing good for others, WILL lead you to happiness. I swear it to you, to everyone. Be good.
ૐૐૐૐૐૐૐૐૐૐ
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

dattaswami

Post by dattaswami » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:12 am

Austin wrote:Thanks for sharing that. I also would like to point out that I recieved and became one ..............of what you are doing while doing good for others, WILL lead you to happiness. I swear it to you, to everyone. Be good.
Reaching self is reaching Lord?

Everybody aspires the highest fruit through the easiest way. The easiest way is the path of knowledge, which does not require any sacrifice. The highest fruit is to become the very Lord right now from this moment onwards. They like the preacher to say that they should just come out of their house to receive a heap of infinite treasure lying down before the doors. Anybody will be happiest to receive the news that, he has become eligible to join the post of district collector in whatever stage of his study to the I.A.S. Examination he is present.

The post is offered to the fresh student who just joined the I.A.S. Course and also to the student who passed the I.A.S. Examination. Both are equally eligible now itself to join the same post. If the preacher says that already both have joined the post and that they have forgotten this truth, now all the effort is only to recognize that they are the district collectors. This gives the idea that there is no need of any future effort. This is the mis-interpreted philosophy of monoism (Advaita) of Sankara.

Every body is very much attracted to this path. The influence of this path is so much that no body is coming out of this illusion. It is so sweet that they are unable to leave this state. The basic mis-concept is to think that the self is the super-self. Self is any living being in this world. Super self is the Lord. They just find one common point i.e., the pure awareness (Chit) exists in both.

The Prime Minister and his peon have several common points like pure awareness, similar form of external human body etc. Both eat and sleep similarly. Both are married and both have children. Because of these common points can you treat the Prime Minister and His peon as one and the same? Based on one common point i.e., pure awareness, how can you say that self is super-self? Veda says that by the order of the Lord, the Sun is shining. In summer due to sunstroke a human being is killed. Let the Advaita scholar stand against the sunstroke and order the Sun not to kill him.

When the disciples of Sankara thought that they are also the Lord, Sankara swallowed the molten lead and asked the disciples to do the same. Then they fell on the feet of Sankara. Then Sankara told "Shivah Kevaloham", which means that only He is Shiva. The word Kevala (only) is important here. Sankara while taking bath in the ocean at Puri told "Oh! Lord! Though the qualitative identity is in between us, the quantitative difference exists.

The water is common in both the sea and the wave like the pure awareness in the soul and super soul. But the quantitative difference exists and one should not forget that the entire wave is in the sea but the entire sea is not in the wave". This is stated as a message for the sake of ordinary soul.

These Advaita Scholars filter all the differentiating points and finally get the common point filtered down into the beaker as the filtrate. The differentiating points are the residue on the filter paper and the filtered common point is in the downward beaker. They see only the beaker but not the filter paper. Therefore, the whole spiritual path is twisted and confused almost all the human beings.

Seeing this situation the same Sankara came as Ramanuja and Madhva and clearly differentiated the superself from the self. Some devotees have come out of this illusion but several people are still lingering there only due to their unreasonable and unimaginable ambition for the fruit. Unless this basic concept is realized, all the stages of the spiritual effort cannot be healthy.

The poison injected in the foundation has spread all over the upstairs of the construction. Your question has already assumed that self is super self. You have no doubt about that basic concept. Nobody likes to touch that basic concept. If that basic concept is analysed the entire castle of their ambition will collapse.

They cannot tolerate to loose the highest fruit, which was captured by them by the easiest way of self-realization. Now for such self-realization, you are asking whether the meditation or the study of scriptures is the path. When the goal itself is absent what is the use of the path? It is something like asking whether one should pass eighth standard or ninth standard to become the district collector.

Neither of these two standards can give you the post. By passing those two standards one can get the post of a peon. One has to pass the I.A.S. Examination for which he is eligible after passing degree examination, which is far from both those standards. These advaita scholars argue that the peon is the collector. They do not accept the existence of any higher post other than the peon.

The reason for this basic misunderstanding is the word "Brahman". As per Sanskrit grammar this word comes from the root "Bruhi-Vruddhau", which means that the root meaning of this word is greatness. Anything that is great can be called as Brahman. The soul is the most precious and greatest item of the creation and is called as Para Prakruti, which means the greatest of all the created items.

The soul is included as a part of the creation (Prakruti) and is called as Para Prakruti as said in Gita (Prakritim Viddhi me paraam….). It is not Creator. If it is Creator it cannot be called as Prakruti. It is only the modification of food during evolution as said in Veda (Annat Purushah…). The same inert energy called as electro magnetic radiation working through a special unknown technology is life. The materials of the technology are known and the working inert energy is also known. But the special technology in which it works is not known and therefore, life energy is not synthesized so far. Only God knows that technology.

When sage Gautama cursed Ahalya, she became a stone. Now where is the soul and its subtle body of Ahalya? Is it not in the stone? If it is not in the stone there is no suffering to the soul through its subtle body. When the foot of Rama touched it, it is converted into the woman called Ahalya. This clearly shows the inter conversion of life energy into inert energy and vice-versa.

When Brahma stole the cows and cowboys for one year, Lord Krishna created the same cows and cowboys again. If the soul is eternal it cannot be created again. This again proves that the soul is only a part of the creation and not the eternal Creator. The soul is said to be eternal with reference to this temporary body. Thus it is only relatively more permanent as said in Gita (Na Hanyate Hanyamane Sareere).

If one does not understand the theory of relativity the verses in the second chapter in Gita cannot be realized. The soul is greater than the great body but the super soul is greater than the greater soul. Therefore, the soul is not greatest. But as far as the items of Prakruti or Creation are concerned soul is the greatest and this does not mean that the soul is the super soul.

The super soul is beyond the creation and is not an item of the creation. Therefore, the super soul does not come into the boundaries of Creation or Prakruti. In this sense the greatest soul within the boundaries of creation is called as Brahman. The Scripture Veda is also called as Brahman because it is greatest among all the scriptures. This is stated in Gita (Brahmaakshara Samudbhavam).

Therefore, any greatest item in a specific category can be called as Brahman. There is another path of psychological treatment of the teacher. It is to encourage the student by attaching the highest goal to every step he climbs.

To make the student climb one more step, the teacher says that if he climbs one more step the final roof is achieved. In this way the encouragement is given to the devotee by saying that the super self is achieved if the self is achieved. In fact the achievement of self is necessary to achieve the super self.

If one attains his own self, he attains perfect peace. If he identifies himself to be the soul, which is the pure awareness, he is detached from the gross body and the inner subtle body. By such detachment all the worldly bonds disappear and all the mental worries vanish. By this one attains the peace. Peace is a pre-requisite for attaining the super self. Thus attainment of self is very important, which is the middle station of the journey.

When you are mental worried and dragged by these worldly bonds, how can you concentrate and develop the single bond on God? Therefore, self-realization is the basis for reaching the super self. But one should not stop at the self-realization because attainment of self is not attainment of super self. One is traveling from Vijayawada to Mumbai. The middle station is Hyderabad. One should reach Hyderabad before reaching Mumbai. But one should not get down at Hyderabad thinking that it is Mumbai.

Therefore, to attain the self and thereby to attain the peace as a pre-requisite qualification for attaining the super self, both the study of scriptures as well as meditation are important. To know the truth the scripture must be studied. But only the Sadguru must explain the scripture. ‘Veda, the scripture has to be studied from a Guru only and should not be read directly from book’. Even this statement is mis-understood.

People misinterpret that the recitation of Veda should be done only with the help of the Guru or Preacher. For recitation no teacher is required. Any student can by-heart any book by self-reading and no teacher is required for that. The correct interpretation of this statement is that Veda should be explained through a Sadguru (True Preacher) only. The teacher is required for the explanation and interpretation and not for the recitation. Thus, the study of the scripture must be done only with the help of Sadguru and not the Guru who is an ordinary human being only.

Then meditation means memorizing the concept that you are the self or soul or casual body and detaching yourself from the gross and subtle bodies. Both are required to fix you in the soul permanently. Pooja is the worship of a model only, which is related to the preliminary low cadre devotees as said "Pratimaahyalpa Buddhinaam".

Thus both the study of Scripture with the help of Sadguru and meditation are important to attain the middle station. Both these are also the indirect means to attain the super self because unless the peace is attained by self-realization, one cannot travel further to attain and please the super self or the Lord.

People are clinging to the fruit of the path of Sankara due to over ambition, which can be obtained by spending a little time and energy in study of the scripture. It is just like the recent computer scam given by the Abidjan city. They ask you to spend a little to release the box and offer crores of rupees as the fruit of your little effort.

Several innocent people were trapped and even flew to Abidjan to collect the box. But there is no trace of the box. Even Swami (Myself) played with one scam and made a long correspondence trying to change their attitude. Atheists, who believe only the gross materialistic world, surrounded Sankara. He tried to lead them from gross state to subtle state by introducing the subtle soul. The journey from gross state to subtle state can be a pre-rehearsal for the journey from imaginable creation to unimaginable God.

He stressed on the detachment from the body and attachment to the self. This gives a training to detach from the imaginable world and to attach to the unimaginable God. In fact the super self or God is unimaginable whereas the self or pure awareness is imaginable. Therefore, even awareness cannot be the common point in super self and self. How can you say the unimaginable God to possess the awareness?

The awareness or life energy is imaginable item of the creation. The Scholars have misunderstood that God has awareness because God wished to create this universe. Since God wished God must be awareness. This logic applies only to the items of creation and not to the Creator who is beyond creation. The unimaginable God can wish even without being the awareness. He is above the laws of Creation.

Veda says ‘Apanipaado Javano Graheeta…), which means that He can run without legs and He can catch without hands. Since God runs you say that God must have legs based on the natural laws. But the super natural God does not require legs to run. Similarly He can wish to create the world without Himself being the awareness.

If this is understood the super self is just beyond your imagination. The super self enters into one of the items of the creation to give its experience to you. If the medium is human form, it will be most convenient for the super self to preach you and receive your love and service directly.

The super-self present in the human form is Sadguru who will lead you from the gross body and subtle body to the self and then finally to the super self, which is none-else than Himself. Therefore, identifying and catching the feet of Sadguru is most important than all these things mentioned by you.

The reason for Brahman to be stated, as awareness is that, Brahman enters only a living being and not an inert object. Ofcourse, the inert objects can be worshipped as models of Brahman by the lower cadre. Such worship is called as Pooja. If you see the incarnations, all of them were living beings only like fish, tortoise, pig etc. The living being can only do certain action independently.

For the sake of human beings Brahman enters the human body because preaching and clarification of doubts is impossible if it is not a human body. Even the energetic bodies of Brahman contain innermost soul and inner subtle body. The energetic body is only the outer gross body. The subtle body is made of qualities.

If it is Brahma it is of Rajas quality, if it is Vishnu it is of Sattvam quality, if it is Siva it is of Tamas quality and if it is Datta it is of three qualities. When Brahman appeared as Yaksha to angles, it was Datta who tested them and talked to them. The inert item is not independent and is always controlled by life. Therefore, Brahman never enters any inert body, which is not self-controller.

If Brahman is identified with any inert object, Brahman has to be controlled by another living being. This is impossible because Brahman is the controller of all the inert and living beings. Therefore, Veda says that Brahman can never exist in a statute or a photo (Na tasya Pratima ….). But the inert object can be kept as a representative of model of Brahman and can be worshipped.

But such worship is very much limited to cleaning and decorating the statute etc., only and should not be extended to offering food, Dakshina (Money) etc. The priests and the managers of temples are taking that food and Dakshina keeping the statue in front of you. The priests and managers are not of the level of the Sadguru. Either they are enjoying or spending the money improperly.

Therefore, the worship of statue is not liked by realized souls. But it should be respected because there is no other alternative except this for the beginners. Therefore, whenever a soul or self (Atman) is referred, Atman means a human being. In Sanskrit Atman means the human body. In fact even the soul is called as casual body, which is the inner, most component of the human body.

The human body consists of the outer most gross body, the inner subtle body and the inner most casual body or soul. Therefore, whenever the word Atman comes in the sense of the Lord, it means the human body (Human being), which is charged and pervaded all over by the Lord. Only such self is the super self or Brahman or the Lord. This should not be extrapolated to every self or every human being.

Every human being is only the human body, which is composite of the three bodies. Veda says that the Lord is controller of all the selves (Atmeswaram….). If every self is Lord Himself, how can He be controller of the self? It means He controls Himself. Therefore, the self-realization and attainment of self in the first of half of the spiritual journey means realizing and attaining your own self and finally fixing you in the self. But the word self in the second half of the journey means the human incarnation or Sadguru and here the self-realization means the recognition of Sadguru and the self-attainment here means catching hold of the feet of Sadguru.

You should not sit at the end of first half of the journey thinking that yourself is Sadguru. Therefore, it is better to catch the Sadguru in the beginning itself so that you are well aware of the whole of journey in the beginning itself. Of course, you can go to the middle station by your self with the help of scripture and meditation.

But there is a danger of your stagnation in the middle station thinking that, that is the final station. Once you are caught up by this Abidjan scam in the middle station, you will never go further, because the scam is so sweet. The Advaita scholars are caught up by this scam even the beginning of the journey itself. Therefore, no body can save them.

At the Lotus feet of Datta Swami
ANIL ANTONY

Return to “Reincarnation and Past Life Experience”