Past Lives and Spiritual Bonds?

Do u believe in rebirth or reincarnation? Do u believe in Past Life Experience? Discuss and Know more about it here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

coloratura

Past Lives and Spiritual Bonds?

Post by coloratura » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:23 am

In the course of talking to a few psychic friends of mine, it seems as though I was bound to someone in a past life. Therefore, now I have a dpee spiritual bond/connection with taht eprson now in this life.

What is a spiritual connection/bond, and what does it mean when you are bound to someone in that manner?

PrettySiren

Post by PrettySiren » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:10 pm

I have been wondering the same thing myself. I am not knowledgeable enough on the subject to give you a definitive answer, but know you're not alone in this thinking/feeling. There are certain people I've felt instantly connected with, as though I've known them for eternity and those connections feel deeper in some respects than I've had with people I've known for longer in *this* life. So, I think it does stand to reason that a past life relationship would be a good explanation.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:06 pm

Perhaps the energetic level of your vibrations are compatible.  We are all energy.  When we meet another soul's energy that vibrates with the same resonance as our own, there is this wonderful warmth of connection.  Have we not also felt the opposite?
God bless, J

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:40 pm

Okay I have a question about this too, so say on an energetic level you completely know that something 'bigger' is going on, like there is something there to be done in the time that you are together with this person, aka for the duration that your paths have crossed.
So you feel this deep and true connection...but then the person opens their mouth and you couldn't clash on more levels.
How on Earth are you then going to release that 'contract' with the person?
and finish what you didn't finish in a previous life? (or something along those lines)

and yip - def felt the opposite too...;)
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:46 pm

RR:  I do not believe in past lives.  I was trying to help show that it can all be about this life.  

Those we are meant to help will not always resonate with our energy.  But we may still feel a strong pull to try.  And that, in the end is all we have, intent.  We do the best we can, with what we have or know.

One of my dearest friends - she calls me her sister - resonates with my energies and I with hers.  But in the beginning we did not see eye to eye - we found a relationship over time and trial and error.
God bless, J

Skittles

Post by Skittles » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:27 pm

It is probably something to do with karma.
Last edited by Skittles on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:39 pm

spiritalk wrote:RR:  I do not believe in past lives.  I was trying to help show that it can all be about this life.  

Those we are meant to help will not always resonate with our energy.  But we may still feel a strong pull to try.  And that, in the end is all we have, intent.  We do the best we can, with what we have or know.

One of my dearest friends - she calls me her sister - resonates with my energies and I with hers.  But in the beginning we did not see eye to eye - we found a relationship over time and trial and error.
That is something that i also believe, the no past life thing, as I just feel that ppl spend far too much delving into the past...I feel that they leave too much of their energy 'stuck' there in the past; and I'm also onto this kinda thought process where I am living in instant karma :) Hence if I'm meant to get a kick up the a-hole then let it happen now while I can learn from the 'mistake' while it is still fresh.
It has served me very well. Painful at times but far more benefits than downfalls.
But I must say - the whole past life thing keeps on coming up - say for my instance I have gotten messages from the universe, through different sources, that I must have a look at my roots, I must have a look at my Ancestors. And hence the whole past life thing was brought up again...
And that is a relief, cause I have only actually come across a situation for the first time recently where I KNOW that I can help this person, that there is just going to be something that I say or do that is going to have a profound effect, maybe even not profound, but just the 'right' and perfect effect that is meant to happen, but I unfort have hit the brick wall over and over again.
It started making me go a little crazy actually  - the intense frustration while the knowing that everything is as it is meant to be. WOW. What a great and difficult life lesson...I don't think I have fully learnt it. I think I might have too much of my energy mixed up in there but...its okay :)
Thanx for your insight.
That helped make it alot clearer.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:25 pm

In looking at our ancestors we recognize a form of inherited traits and emotions.  Repeatable patterns are in all families.  So how much is some fascinating past life and how much is actually inherited traits of our ancestors?
God bless, J

Rev_Vesta

Post by Rev_Vesta » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:03 am

interesting topic............

I work with Spirit inregards to SEC Soul Energy Clearing....releasing discordent energies we have carried over from Past Lives..........Parellal lives, Parellal Universe.........Past Lives, Present Lives and Discordent energies from Future lives etc... There are energy vibrations carried from time loops which impact on our current life.......these energies impact on our life with the different people we meet in any of lives.......with some we have a sudden deja-vue or sudden "Oh I have known this person my whole life"   there may have been certain instances when our paths had crossed and situations were negative, discordent........if these were not resolved then you may need to learn the lesson until you get it, resolve it.......why you keep meeting in next lives..........

Could be Twin Souls, twin Flames, Soul mates, Soul Groups, Soul essences.........

a connection somewhere........somehow.....

Even with our ancestors there can be a Soul Connection.........

maybe you need to learnt o get on with each other once done you may connect in next life to help others.......

past life stuff can get very intersting when you delve deeply into it with someone trained in SEC or Past life regression therapy... the difference between these two is with SEC you do not have to relive Past Life to clear discordent energies......
Love and Light,
Namaste
Rev_Vesta........

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:06 am

yeah lots of questions popping up in my head...

1) Def spiritalk, we do tend to over glamorise everything and make things larger than what they are. We, as a race, enjoy making mountains out of mole hills.
So I do think that that should be taken into account - the have a look at what you have right in front of your eyes and see if the answer is there. Then only after you have done that, then maybe - just maybe have a look further back i.e. past lives etc.

2) Personal: In my case when I got the 'message' it def had a feel of look at the roots, the old old roots. Not present day. But that could as I have said in Q1 could be my imagination having some fun.

3)Rev Vesta, I like the timeloop thing that you mentioned, I've noticed that if you look at your own cycle in this plane at this time you can notice that the energies do loop round and by noticing it makes you move onto the next bit in the loop. I also know that they say that with Reiki, when you get attuned to the Master level you then go through the whole thing again. All that happened energetically once you started from level 1, loops around again.
Great you mentioned soul groups as I thought of that when I was thinking about this whole thing, was wondering if thats where it fits in.

4) Personal: I just have a major problem when you try to ease things and make them smoother with a person; so it can be done. Whatever you were meant to do with that person can be finished. I hate the loose end thing. Makes me uncomfortable. Maybe its cause i have this drive within me that knows there is work to be done and this kind of ego-crap is just SUCH a waste of time. It slows everything down.  Yes Yes not taking into account that everything is the way it is.
To be a bratt - If past lives do exist then I don't want to have to learn 'it' again! Esp when I've tried to hard to make things alright and its the other person's inability to just let it be alright, thats going to make this darn lesson come up again!
Or have I released myself and they will go onto learn that lesson with another member in the soul group???
Who knows.....:) Life is a mystery.
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:29 pm

As long as there is money to be made from SEC and/or past life regressions they will exist.  Rational and/or intellectual thought and discourse would then take back seat to such ideas.  

How many workshops on a particular day can you find going on Twin Souls, twin Flames, Soul mates, Soul Groups, Soul essences... making money for the presenters?

These ideas are coined (in the 20th century) to bring new age into a different light.  Reincarnation, past lives have been around for ever so much longer in the religions and philosophies of the east.  And when discussing it you will find their ideas do not follow along with some of this new-fangled stuff.
God bless, J

mystic67

Post by mystic67 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:57 pm

Once you have met someone with whom you have had an intense past life experience with you will never doubt the existence
of past lives again. You don't need to spend countless hours disceting it, you just will know that it's true. It has happened
to me twice and both of those relationships have been life changing, and not for the better some might say. But part of my
destiny to meet with these two again I believe. In the end both of these people have really pushed me to reach a part of my
development I would have never gone to without them. I believe we make these agreements with other souls before we
reincarnate, maybe even something like, look if I haven't done such and such by this time in my life, would you please
come in and help me achieve this thing??  Just my 2 cents!
D

atime2heal

Past life regression

Post by atime2heal » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:49 pm

This has been a helpful instance for me when I saw a shaman. Maybe it might shed some light on all of this.
~If it doesn't bring peace, make another choice~

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:00 pm

mystic:  Just suppose we reincarnate into soul groups.  What happens to those outside your own particular soul group?  Would you have time and lessons for someone not of your particular group?  O the ideas could go on and on.  Such limitations of who we learn from and deal with in this life!

Reason, Season, Lifetime

People  come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.  
When you know which one it is, you will know what to do  for that person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,  it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have  come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with  guidance and support,
to aid you physically, emotionally  or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  
They are there for the reason you need them to be.  

Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an  inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to  bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die.  Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force  you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need  has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is  time to move on.

Some  people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has  come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience  of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something  you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable  amount of joy.
Believe it, it is real. But only for a  season.

LIFETIME  relationships teach you lifetime lessons,
things you must  build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.  
Your job is to accept the lesson,
love the person and  put what you have learned to use in all other relationships  and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but  friendship is clairvoyant.
God bless, J

mystic67

Post by mystic67 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:41 pm

Hello Spirit talk,

Eloquently said, and I do admire that. All I am saying is that it is my belief, and I can't proove or disproove it, nor do I care to,
is that we do incarnate with soul groups. I don't believe that everyone you have ever met is of this "soul group" but I do
believe that certain people who have had profound parts to play in our lives are. Just my belief and my faith. I believe it for
no other reason than the fact that if resonates with me, if not with someone else than that is perfectly fine.
Meaningful relationships with others can of course happen with other souls too. To me, the whole thing is like faith in God
or a higher power whatever you want to call it, you either believe it or not.

I had an experience with my child when he was born that was quite profound to me I'll share here with you. My son is now 11 years old,
the day he was born was a changing point in my life, having a baby changes many peoples lives, but this child was about to change
my average happy go lucky life in ways I never imagined or asked for. From the moment they laid that child in my arms and I looked
into his eyes, I knew I had known this soul before. I actually heard the words being spoken in my head "everything is fine now,
I'm here" And it was a very deeply moving moment, I have another child whom I love to death, but this did not happen when
I first held her so I found it unusual.

My son and I have always had a special bond from that day forward. More special than the
one I have with my other child, it has always been as though I understand him without him ever having to speak words to me.
Our souls understand each other.  And that is a very good thing, becuase this child could not speak to me in a "normal" way for
many years. I had to depend on this deeper understanding of him and  his needs that I have always seemed to possess.
He could not communicate in a normal way becuase it was later found out that this child had autism. He has been my biggest teacher
in this life. I don't know if it was the time, the season or the lifetime relationship that was being played out here according to
your post, but I know in my heart that I agreed to travel this journey with this child and that we will both gain the lessons
we are meant to from that journey. No one will ever be able to convince me that we did not know each other before, the bond
and knowing from the first moment we "met" was just too magical. And he was right in telling me all was okay now that he was
here. The things I have opened too and the joy I have experienced, along with the pain, have changed me into a person I would
have never been without him.

Thank you for sharing your point of view with me. I say to all those who read our posts to make up your mind based on what
feels right to YOU.

Be Blessed,
Donna

Return to “Reincarnation and Past Life Experience”