Time between incarnations?

Do u believe in rebirth or reincarnation? Do u believe in Past Life Experience? Discuss and Know more about it here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Little Miss Sunshine

Post by Little Miss Sunshine » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:13 pm

As for time in between incarnations, I tend to believe it is far less than the 70 yrs mentioned ifor many cases, not just a few.  This is based on a recent documentary that had some incredible recountings of reincarnation.  Stories of past lives told by children in which they were able to retrace the childs past life, contacting living family members of that person etc.  Also based on personal experience in this life.

I apologize if this has already been addressed. I have A.D.D. and the thread had too many pages. lol

donnaanddais

Post by donnaanddais » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:05 pm

i think that in the past we will have had to wait untill we had an earthly body to be born into because the population of the planet was much less. now the time between lives will be much less because there are so many people being born all the time. i also wonder what happens when the amount of people on the planet matches the amount of souls that exist in the universe.
Hey - ho lets go!

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:29 pm

donnaanddais wrote:i think that in the past we will have had to wait untill we had an earthly body to be born into because the population of the planet was much less. now the time between lives will be much less because there are so many people being born all the time. i also wonder what happens when the amount of people on the planet matches the amount of souls that exist in the universe.
Why do  you quantify numbers as though God cannot simply create?

infinite > finite
awarenessoftheheart.com

donnaanddais

Post by donnaanddais » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:26 pm

i believe ln what the bible tells me, and re. revelations (ch1v7 i think although i dont have a bible handy) it says about the second coming 'he is coming on a cloud and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him'
its been my presumption that it means we all must be in our physical bodies at the time it happens, alive, on earth, even the people that were around during jesus's lifetime.
Hey - ho lets go!

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:53 pm

donnaanddais wrote:i believe ln what the bible tells me, and re. revelations (ch1v7 i think although i dont have a bible handy) it says about the second coming 'he is coming on a cloud and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him'
its been my presumption that it means we all must be in our physical bodies at the time it happens, alive, on earth, even the people that were around during jesus's lifetime.

I just wanted you to take note in what you said. You believe in what the bible tells you, but yet you also presume.

I won't make this a debate about the bible because my beliefs are different. I just wanted to point out that presumptions/assumptions can lead us astray.
awarenessoftheheart.com

donnaanddais

Post by donnaanddais » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:48 pm

hopefully we can all look forward to the day we find out the truth and i'm sure there'll be a few surprises and in the meantime all beliefs are equally valid and interesting, just as life on this planet is equally important and neccessary. x :smt017
Hey - ho lets go!

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:55 pm

donnaanddais wrote:hopefully we can all look forward to the day we find out the truth and i'm sure there'll be a few surprises and in the meantime all beliefs are equally valid and interesting, just as life on this planet is equally important and neccessary. x :smt017
Surprises..I bet.

Take it easy!
awarenessoftheheart.com

Lynette

time between incarnations

Post by Lynette » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:52 pm

I don't feel it is as simple as simply learning one lesson, then incarnating.
There are many lesson the soul has to learn, and if we do not learn just ONE of them, having been allowed thousands of years to do so, then we wil return. To get the chance to learn it again.
We are allowed the opportunity each life, to spiritually progress. If we choose to not do that each progressive incarnation becomes more challenging. Until the awakening of the need for learning. :smt006
Lifemap by Numbers   lifemap@suddenlink.net
Cre8tivekarma.etsy.com     Clothworksbylynette@gmail.com
ShopHandmade  clothworks by lynette

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Mon May 11, 2009 12:08 am

Time between incarnations varies based on karma(a murdered soul will incarnate sooner then one who committed suicide), as well as the souls activity between incarnations. Much can be learned in spirit realms, and time perception is not so slow when not embodied.

I know have incarnation times between thirty or so years to 5 years after the last death. This is in the past century. Further back I am aware of live more spread apart by time, and do not know how many lives could have been lived in the in between time. When there's gaps on centuries I can't be sure if there are more life times in between.

Some who have done all the growing they had to do here moved up to a higher plane with their physical bodies. Perhaps we incarnate in bodies so we can develop them to a high enough state that we can then bring them to a higher plane.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

grandduke

Post by grandduke » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:23 pm

My mother had told me once, that it is the belief of budhism that a soul is to pass 18 hell before each reincarnation, and depending on your sins here on earth, there are guides that help each soul to pass these hells....

grandduke

Post by grandduke » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:43 am

I hope someone would clear me about this...

nighthawk

Post by nighthawk » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:59 am

In my belief system, one goes to a 'spiritual spa' of sorts, to rest, recover, reconnect and then reflect on the life just lived, then to think about what next life lessons one would like or need to learn. Spirit time has nothing to do with linear earthly times, in a sense it has no meaning at all. You come back when it's time to and that time is different for everyone.

Ramesses

Post by Ramesses » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:58 am

I didn't read the whole thread, but I just watched a show about the big bang. They said after the universe stops expanding it may implode in on itself to a single point again (which may cause another big bang.) So maybe we will be reincarnated in another universe completely.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:05 pm

This time thing tends to make you wonder about communication with spirit.  Who are the mediums contacting?  How valid is the communication when they can know so much about a soul that lived on earth and is now gone?
God bless, J

Return to “Reincarnation and Past Life Experience”