The feeling of, "Did I know you in a past life?"

Do u believe in rebirth or reincarnation? Do u believe in Past Life Experience? Discuss and Know more about it here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

AriesJupiter

The feeling of, "Did I know you in a past life?"

Post by AriesJupiter » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:43 pm

Have you ever met someone before and felt psychic about them, like "oh yeah, you! of course you exist! how could you not? I knew you were here! I just didn't really know it yet, somehow!" It's like you knew they existed in your subconcious or something, and then when you met them, you woke up to it, like "oh yes, you again!". What's with these feelings? Are they real?
It has happened to me a few times now, some more strongly than others (some feel like I REALLY knew them in a past life- like they were my lover or husband, or relative or something). And others, I just feel psychic about, like maybe they were just destined to come into my life. I don't know...  :smt002
Anyway, I'm just really curious to see what everybody thinks, and if anybody's had these feelings before, what came of it? Did you end up developing significant relationships with these people, that seemed fated? Or do you just acknowledge the feeling, and let it be?
I'm also not sure if feeling like you DID have a relationship with someone in a past life, means that you should pick one back up in this life. Should you get back together with your old lover, or leave it in the past and try a relationship with someone new who you've never met before?
Also, do these "fated" feelings of knowing someone before mean that you are Soulmates? Or Twinflames? What is your take on it?
THANKS!!!!

kiliemah

comment

Post by kiliemah » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:16 pm

That sounds familiar.. I have encounters with people like that too. I think I notice it more because I just moved into  a new town.. Ive seen it happen where There is just some people that I immediately click with and we chat and talk like we've known each other forever. Those are the people I think I have karmic ties with from another life and they are resurfacing. Some have turned out to be good friends and some have turned sour. But all in all they were lessons learned. I believe my husband now and I knew each other from another life. I feel very connected to him in a different way... Its pretty cool when i feel this way. I just met a lady and I feel that way with her as well.. .just like we were picking up where we left off.. its just tooo natural...
Sincerely K

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:09 pm

There is chemistry.  There is energy.  All occurring in both the physical body as well as the spirit.  This is all happening at once when you meet/greet someone.  The world is full of energies.  

To ascribe this to a knowing someone in the past is not the first way to look at it.  Enjoy the adventure of life.
God bless, J

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:17 pm

I have this experience too. I've meet people and within a matter of days gotten so close that it felt we'd known each other for ages.

It can also be cyclical. Patterns that you experienced in past lives can kind of repeat but they happen in different ways, and it happens faster as everything accelerates as time goes on.

Who knows weather having done so in the past is a good reason to have  a relationship with them. What I do know is we are reminded of what did and didn't work out in such relationships in the past, and the progress can kind of be picked up where it left off, once you are caught up to that part of the cycle that is.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

nighthawk

Post by nighthawk » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:33 am

It has happened to me at least twice. I think it may be like calls to like. Common past experiences may influence similar current decisions that may facilitate running into one another again. I did end up having significant relationships with these people this time around, but I don't feel that stemmed from the previous realtionships, in my case.
For myself, I just acknowledge it, and get on with my current life. If we become friends, or enemies, or nothing to each other it is because of what is going on in this life. One life at a time, is what I say. :)

oriel

Post by oriel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:28 pm

I had this and I'll never forget it!It was like as if I know that person for so long but I've met that person for just one day.It's a really really strange connection I'm still puzzled about this up to now.I don't know if I'll meet that person again. :smt009

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:12 am

Well, I appreciate all of your responses! Thank you! :)
However, I want to make it clear- it's a DISTINCT "knowing" feeling, sometimes based only upon first meeting. I don't even necessarily have to get to know the person... It's an intuitive thing I pick up on, based on the way they look and act, and how I feel about them. And also, we don't even necessarily get along. It's a karmic feeling. For example, when I met my current boyfriend, I had a "don't I know you from somewhere?", "haven't we met before?", "haven't we been in a relationship before?" feeling. And now, we have problems, but I still feel karmic ties...
Anyway, it's different than just "hitting it off" or "feeling natural" with somebody... it's literally a "ding ding ding- I've KNOWN you before" feeling... Make sense to anybody?
Thanks!

oriel

Post by oriel » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Jeez that's how I felt..
I read somewhere that it could be that you had a past life relationship with that person,it doesn't matter if it's romantic or not.Also having that kind of feeling of familiarity and inner knowingness doesn't always assure people that if you continue your relationship with that person in this lifetime doesn't mean you won't face any problems or struggle.So yeah,it's a karmic tie that you gotta work out and clear,with that person.

Return to “Reincarnation and Past Life Experience”