Glen Hoddle

Do u believe in rebirth or reincarnation? Do u believe in Past Life Experience? Discuss and Know more about it here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sno

Glen Hoddle

Post by sno » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:09 am

I know this was a few years ago but I'm still interested on people's views, can you read this article and let me know if you think our football manager should have been sacked and if you agree / disagree with his views.

Bad Karma For The England Coach: On January 30 this year (1999), Britain woke up to an unusual headline in the news. "Hoddle says disabled are paying for sins of previous life," announced the more serious press, while the tabloids went for variations of "Hoddle goes mad."

The story had made headlines for two reasons: Firstly, the man in question was Glenn Hoddle, coach of the England football team, and secondly, his views were held by just about all observers to be utterly outrageous. Who did he think he was to pass such harsh judgement of a disadvantaged class of people? Did he have no sensitivity?

A fill article here - http://www.iskcon.org.uk/manchester/articles.html

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:38 am

I think he is right sno.

Sophe

Post by Sophe » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:10 pm

Personally - I don't think he should have been sacked for stating his opinion about karma and those with disabilities. I think in some odd way he was trying to make his own sense of what it means.  There are alot of people who state their opinions about things that indirectly discriminate against all different types of people...regarding not just color but their choice of lifestyle. An example would be currently is the US President....although he hasn't fully stated it outright as this person did in the article but his views on gay marriages is quite known that he doesn't approve of them or living "this type" of lifestyle. Who gives him the right to indirectly discriminate against them? And yet nothing will be done regarding this indirect discrimination.

Sophe

Return to “Reincarnation and Past Life Experience”