Lifting?

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Tyrinaniel

Lifting?

Post by Tyrinaniel » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:40 pm

A friend of mine told me of something they used to do as children.  Everyone would gather around a friend, who would lay on the floor, and each person around him/her would put two fingers of each hand under that person, chant a rhyme, then say "lift" at the end.  They would actually life the person as if a giant person was holding them up with their arms.  What exactly is this called?  Is it considered psychic.. what exactly?  I never had heard of it or been around it before.  It just sounded so amazing to me.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:48 pm

I personally think it is powers of the mind like telekinesis. Instead of moving an object, you are lifting a person. The question is, what good can come from powers of the mind? I'm sure there are some if put to task. Instead we like to put on shows :S

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:54 am

Heh.. I remember doing this as a kid... I had completely forgotten about it until I read this. I think we managed to get one kid off the floor just a smidgeon... and I honestly don't remember a rhyme. I just remember we all surrounded the kid, put our fingers under them and would try to lift them.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:40 pm

We used to do it with a kid sat on a chair and it did work.
Try this. get a willing partner (no not sort of willing,although.................) place the back of your hand on their shoulder (so your elbow bends down) then make a fist with your hand.
Ask them to place both their hands on the inside of your elbow and push - not jerk downwards, your elbow will flex down.
Next open your fist and point your middle finger (the fire element one) at the wall, pick a spot or a light fitting or a picture, something you can concentrate on. Then push, imagine you are trying to push your finger into that object (obviously you are not near it), get them to repeat their downward push and if you push hard through your finger your elbow cannot bend.
DO NOT CHEAT AND TURN YOUR ARM SIDEWAYS, I've seen this done in martial arts demos and that is a con!
Just do it right and you get an unbendable arm. I do this with kids in my classes and we can stand one child on the others arm without it bending.
I will explain the concept if anyone wants to know.

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:32 pm

I guess the rhyme was just to add to the hype.  They were children at the time, so it's just something fun to do as children. I just thought the idea sounded cool :P

That whole arm-thing sounds pretty sweet though, lol.  I just don't have anyone to try it on :(

mouseykit

Post by mouseykit » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:45 pm

I used to do this as a youngin at sleep overs never actualy got anyone off the ground though when your the one thats being lifted its a really interesting feeling! Maby ill get my friends to do it at one of our drunken casuals lol i wonder how well it would work

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”