Feeling the past?

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Badwolf

Feeling the past?

Post by Badwolf » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:53 pm

Hi, for three or so years now I've been finding that I can sometimes place my hand on some objects and 'feel' the past.

For example I was at Rushen Abbey on the Isle of Man and I put my open palm onto a old stone that was once part of a doorway.  I immediately had to pull my hand away as the stone felt red hot.  When I put my hand back on to the stone it felt as a stone should ie cool.  I also had a horrible feeling that something bad had just happened.

Subsequently I've made a point of touching stones, wood, furniture etc to see what happens and more often than not I can sense something.  For example I was at Eilean Donan castle in the Western Highland of Scotland last weekend and touched a stone in the Billet Room.  Immediately it felt like the present was 'fading away' and I could hear clearly the rough voice of a Scotsman talking, followed by another Scottish voice.  These voices were clearer than any of the voices of the fellow castle visitors around me.  

Has anybody else experienced this?

rabbyt

Post by rabbyt » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:36 am

What a gift!  I haven't experienced this, though I've experienced something extraordinary with my perception.

Throughout my life I've been considered by others to be compassionate to a fault.  I've always been really in tune with how people feel...but this has increased over 10 fold in the past 2 years.

It started when my grandma was on her deathbed with cancer.  I had come home from college to visit her.  When I entered the room, she asked for my hand...so I held it and she squeezed very tightly.  It was then that it happened...everything that she was experiencing emotionally, I was experiencing too.  The pain of the cancer...the regret of leaving her family...the fear of the unknown that death brings...it was unbearable.

For a short period after that, my emotions were all out of whack.  They were suddenly SOOOO strong.  After talking to a school counsilor, I found behavioral and cognitive ways to manage this increase in emotion.  

Since then, my abilities gradually began to increase.  At first i could tell how someone felt by looking into their eyes...now I can be within 10' of them and feel what they're feeling.  To me, emotions are as physical as touch.  Since that day, it was like another sense openned up to me...it just feels so natural...though when i talk to people about it, they think i'm crazy lol.

Sorry to talk so much about myself there...just wanted to give u background on where I was coming from.  I've been trying to find people with paranormal abilities to see how much science/evidence i can put behind the subject of parapsychology...or even as an extended friends network, since I know how frustrating/lonely it can get when you know no one else who experiences the things that you do.

So, after reading this, is your ability something of second-nature to you...like another sense?  When/how did it manifest.  If you wish to contact me, my email is mikestillman2003@hotmail.com.  I hope to hear from you soon.

zeamone

Post by zeamone » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:51 am

Wow, that was awesome. You should see someone who can help you develop or enhance your abilities. I only experience having like a small electrical shock on my fingers while touching some objects but they said there was an explanation of that with science. But yours was different. Cool.

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:22 am

I have done something like this.. I was at a friend's house and pick up a harmless looking ring that she normally wore on a necklace; the necklace had broke and I help to pick things up as she had a lot of charms on it. I wanted to look at the ring closer, it was pretty to me though I think the better word would be handsome... suddenly I wasn't me anymore... but someone with very red hair that was hanging in my face and I was sitting on a bed with a gun in front of me and a pad of paper and pen to my right. I knew that I was going to kill myself and I had an inner peace about it... I could see my hands picking up the gun and putting it in my mouth and when I pulled the trigger I was suddenly back into my friend's bedroom, and I was crying uncontrollably... I told her about what I had seen and felt and she turned like 10 shades of gray.... she told me that it had belonged to a childhood friend of hers who had shot himself in his bed... after leaving a note to his mom and one to her asking that she was given the ring that I still had clutched into my palm... I suddenly threw it onto the dresser and didn't touch anything after that unless I knew that it was okay to touch... *sighs* It wasn't the last time that I did this, but it was my first time... and a scary way to learn about a new ability...

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”