Ghost Hunters VS Most Haunted

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

3grlzmom

Post by 3grlzmom » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:55 pm

I would have to agree with what Investigator 1 said.  I find myself not really into he Most Haunted show because of its dramatic take on things.  I have enough drama queens in my life I dont need to watch them on tv....LOL.  Even more often that not they dont find hauntings on Ghost Hunters, I seem to keep tuning in just in case.

grmrsan

Post by grmrsan » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:16 am

I love Ghost Hunter, but Most Haunted is really pretty dumb. Which seems to be the gener4al consensus here too. I've gotten a couple MH fans into watching GH. It's really funny when they see the differance. MH comes on right before Ghost Whisperer though, so I tend to turn it on while I'm waiting for my favorite show to start.

sakhin

Post by sakhin » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:18 am

Taps (Ghost Hunters) is much better than Most Haunted. IMO

Sommerstars8o8

Post by Sommerstars8o8 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:49 pm

I like both shows  :D

BASSTONYA

Post by BASSTONYA » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:00 pm

My favorite one is TAPS, and then Dead Famous. I do watch Most haunting, just because it is funny, almost just like watching a scary movie with some comedey.

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:52 pm

hi thursday i agree with u....in the  most haunted the medium is so dramatic... and the pyshic lady on the show most of the time she gets scared... but ghosthunters is a great show taps are professional in their ghosthunting... the halloween special is going to be awesome hope everyone gets to see it... much love and huggies

WLUSensfan

Post by WLUSensfan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:37 pm

Most haunt is kinda funny, despite the fact that their spirit activity is largely coerced.
It's more the reactions of the crew than anything which keep me entertained.

SilverMoon7

Post by SilverMoon7 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:04 am

I actually enjoy both shows, especially now that Most Haunted got rid of that shyster medium, Derek.  He has his own show, now, btw.  It airs after Most Haunted, I think, and it's embarrassingly awful.  Most Haunted now has a regular medium I rather think might be the real thing, and a semi-regular one who also seems credible.  Sure, Most Haunted is a little dramatic and crazy, but I enjoy the metaphysical aspect of that one (using mediums to get the backstory) as a nice parallel to Ghost Hunters approaching it from an entirely analytical point of view (merely collecting scientific evidence).  I think the two shows balance each other out nicely!

BlackSakura6

Post by BlackSakura6 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:41 pm

I have to chime in and say that I LOVE TAPS!  The other show that began to grow on me is Paranormal State.  Most Haunted is one of the worst IMO.  I just can not get into it.

Pollianna

Post by Pollianna » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:03 am

Ghost hunters great  :smt003 most haunted I have found annoying and the amount of swearing in it is unnecessary.  I mean calling out to ghosts and swearing at them??? what plonkers.  I quite liked the one medium thou, the tall one like a gentle giant, can't think of his name now............. ohhh that's going to annoy me lol... :smt017

biyu

Post by biyu » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:21 pm

Nick234 wrote:Sci Fi = Ghost Hunters
Living TV= Most Haunted (but the whole show has actually been proven to be fake! still funny show though :) )
around  here  most  haunted  is  on  travel  channel  an  i  want  linkage  on  that  claim

biyu

Post by biyu » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:25 pm

ghostlyknight wrote:I like Ghost Hunters ( TAPS )- I can't stand Most Haunted because of
" Derek the fake". And why is it they always pick women who run aroud scared out of there panties. That's just plain crazy. I don't see the women investigators from TAPS doing that.
 youre  gonna  call  me  crazy  but  i  kinda  like  derek  tho  i  could  tell  he  really  didnt  wanna  be  dooin  his  take-off  show  (derek  accorahs  ghost  townes  i  think  it  was)  still  tho

biyu

Post by biyu » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:36 pm

taraprincess wrote:hi thursday i agree with u....in the  most haunted the medium is so dramatic... and the pyshic lady on the show most of the time she gets scared... but ghosthunters is a great show taps are professional in their ghosthunting... the halloween special is going to be awesome hope everyone gets to see it... much love and huggies
are  you  talking  about  yuvette???  shees  never  really  stood  out  as  "psy"  to  me  but  shees  shown  to  be  able  to  get  somethin  occasionally  (shees  the  "host"  thyat  tours  in  the  beginnin  an  its  her  voice  you  hear  talking  about  the  rooms)
Ghost hunters great   most haunted I have found annoying and the amount of swearing in it is unnecessary.  I mean calling out to ghosts and swearing at them??? what plonkers.  I quite liked the one medium thou, the tall one like a gentle giant, can't think of his name now............. ohhh that's going to annoy me lol...
are  you  thinkin  ian  wells??  he  took  over  after  derek  an  yea

scotty DuWizard

ghost hunters

Post by scotty DuWizard » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:22 pm

yup i seem to be inline with most everyone here, like ghost hunters,only watched  about 1/2 an episode of most haunted, seemed fake, etc. boring..... ghost hunters came to wilmington  cupla years ago to do the nc battleship, for a while i thought they were coming on my haunted pub crawl, but it didnt work out,,,,, still a fan

Zoddn Drak

Post by Zoddn Drak » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:35 am

I prefer Ghost Hunters, mostly due to the professional nature of TAPS. And the fact that they incorporate both the experiences of the investigators AND the readings of scientific equipment into their investigations. Most Haunted is just silly, but my little sister still watches it... why I don't know.

Side note: Did anyone watch Ghost Hunters International?

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”