Ghost barmaid??

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mariemullyuk

Ghost barmaid??

Post by mariemullyuk » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:09 am

My partner went out on a boys night with some of his mates. They got tons of pictures taken with a digital camera. When I saw this one I was quite shocked...at first. You see he said that nobody was behind him but I argued that he wouldn't know anyway if he was facing the camera.
He's adament that it's a ghost but I'm saying it's just someone who was walking past cuz ghost's eyes don't light up.  :smt014

What do you think? I'm sure I'm right. It's pretty cool regardless.
Attachments
IMAG0029.JPG
IMAG0029.JPG (847.51 KiB) Viewed 4864 times

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:33 pm

Wow pretty trippy......I think some may think its just a person and some will think its a ghost....

Very weird,her eyes are bright and look solid and her face is see through....She seems very close for your partner not to know someones behind him.

I agree it is cool....Im not sure what i think though.

Tamara :o)

mariemullyuk

Post by mariemullyuk » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:10 pm

Yeah I think the same. Some will say ghost, some will say person.  His mate who took the pic said that there was nobody there. The pub they were in is dead old. I still think its a person. Her body is solid and her eyes are glowing but as you said its her head thats transparent. Plus she has on clothes that were made in this era.

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:02 am

Oh his mate said there was no body there,interesting.....Maybe they had to much to drink lol....Seriously tho that pic is freaky,but in a cool way.
I agree it probably was just a girl walking by,i dont know anything about photography to explain why her head and shoulders are transparent though?!!

mariemullyuk

Post by mariemullyuk » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 am

I think they were abit drunk. They were def drunk when they arrive home anyway lol. xxx

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:24 am

lol good on them.. :P

Sam117

Post by Sam117 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Interesting photo :) There is no question in my mind that it is simply a person walking past, however.

The trail of her movement is evident in the clothes (along the print), the back of her head, at her arms, etc. Also, as you pointed out, her irises reflected light, which is another sign of a "solid" presence.

Ghosts, spirits, etc. are "energies" - they aren't solid matter. Ghost hunters also use frequency meters to detect spirits through their energies. The lady was walking past and she is "solid". Anything moving in front of the camera lens - especially a digital camera lens - with a slow shutter speed will look blurry.

Try swinging out hands as you take a picture of someone, or moving your hands across the lens as you click the shutter. It will look ghostly as well.

For your viewing pleasure (freshly taken! you can even see this post in the background):

Against a blank background

Pretty ghostly, huh? :)

Also, ghosts or spirits that choose to show themselves to people usually have a message they want to get across - that is why they communicate. In this sense, the lady is neither directly looking at the persons on the image or (most commonly) at the photographer. Her expression is also rather distracted, and not unlike any other person trying to pass by to get to where they want to go.

It is all open to discussion, of course... but that's my basic opinion of it.

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:56 am

Oh thats pretty cool....I dont know anything about photography lol i only know how to take a pic and upload it haha.....

That is weird.

ellen_dawkins

Post by ellen_dawkins » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:34 am

actually looks like dowble exposure to me but i'm no expert, she has the same red eye effect as the guys.

missy

Post by missy » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:59 am

ellen_dawkins wrote:actually looks like dowble exposure to me but i'm no expert, she has the same red eye effect as the guys.
Definately looks like double exposure.

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”