Does This Mean Anything?

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dj777

Does This Mean Anything?

Post by dj777 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:45 am

Hi,
I am new to this site, but have always had a curiosity/attraction to the mystical side of things.  For a good number of years (at least 10 plus), I will be either driving down a street or walking near a street light and it will go off.  Obviously this is always when it is dark out.

I understand that street lights are on a photo cell so when light hits them they will go off, or maybe some times the light goes off because it needs to regenerate or cool down.

The interesting thing about this situation is that the photo cells are usually on top of the light and they are a good 20 feet off the ground.  I have found that the street light have went out when I was a good 50 feet away by vehicle, enough so that it  is highly unlikely that there is any kind of reflection coming off my vehicle's head lights.

Another fact is that I have had as many as three lights go out in one night and they were all at different locations.  It is as if they go out while I am approaching so I notice and actually see them go out while approaching them.

I this were every once in a while, I would think nothing of it, but this happens at least one time on a weekly basis and it has been going on for a long time.  Enough so that I have often wondered why this happens.

Can anyone offer a "why" this may happen?

Thanks!

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:08 am

Some might call that skill as S.L.I. aka street light interference. What I think is that you have latent electrokinetic abilities (the ability to manipulate electricity and electrons) I know to some people this might sound a bit stupid, but yes, it's a phenomenon of psychokinesis, the "mind over matter" stuff. I practice it (currently on hiatus though)

In order to prevent SLI from happening again, I suggest you try a few electrokinesis exercises. A good one is that you feel the electricity in your arm by visualizing wires/static going up and down your arm. Evetually you would make a psi ball out of it (which is an energy ball, with electrokinesis, it's called an electro ball)

If you're not really interested in practicing EK, I think you can try using subliminal messages in order to stop your subconscious mind from interfering street lights. Use positive statements only because it doesn't understand the word "not" eg: I am not going to interfere with the street light >>> I am going to interfere with the street lights.

I hope it helps

dj777

Thanks

Post by dj777 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:24 am

Hi,
Thank you for sharing your input.  For me, it's a start.  Quite honestly, if I possess this ability and there is something which can be done with it (rather than just making street lights go out), I would be interested in learning more the type of things I may be able to do.

Thanks for sharing your insight and knowledge!

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:01 am

I have practised electrokinesis before and I can share you a few techniques on how to do them.

Producing voltage:
1. get a voltmeter, or if you don't you could try using a LED
2. Visualize, as stated above, wires of electricity/static like what you get on TV and then extending forward into the wires. You are pushing out your energy to produce voltage here.
Note: I haven't been able to light up a LED yet. But I have been able to produce 0.2-0.3 volts as read from the meter before.

Shooting electricity:
This might work better at night so you can shoot electricity out of your fingers. Just use the same visualization technique as above, only pushing it out so that you can see electricity being produced. I personally haven't been able to see visible results yet.

Note: at first you may also feel a slight numbness around your arms when starting to do EK. You can also google up for more techniques on this. Have fun :)

dj777

Post by dj777 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi,
Thanks very much for sharing the ideas.  It gives me somewhere to start with all of this and see if I do have anything substantial in regard to this.

Thanks again!

lynn4756

not really a reply but...

Post by lynn4756 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:00 am

do you know anything about who is contacted and sees these activities. my entire life, i have been witnessing these ghostly figures, i sense things that have happened at places before, i have been held down by a force before...etc. just wondering "why me?"

dj777

Your question

Post by dj777 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi,
First of all let me say I am no expert in this field. I can only share with you some thoughts and maybe some direction.  First of all as to why, there is no concrete answer.  I think some of us are more spiritually attune to seeing, understanding and sensing things.  We also give validity and credibility to what we see whereas if we tell these things to the average person, they are probably thinking..."yeah...right".  Be careful of who you share with.  Because of what you have experienced (ghostly images, sense of being somewhere before, being held down, etc.) I think you would best be served to find some answers by a psychic or paranormal expert who may be able to shed some light.  If a psychic, I suggest one who has the gifts of clairvoyance, claraudience, clarsentience...another words, those who receive their gift through their own senses and on a soul level.

As with anything, there are genuinely gifted people and their are those who scam people.  Check out their credentials, not just them saying "I have been doing this a long time, etc."  I wish I could be of more help on recommendations but it is a difficult task.  When talking to someone, notice how YOU feel as well.  When speaking to them, are they able to tune truthfully into your situation without you giving them an enormous amount of details first?  Is YOUR spirit at peace and comforted when talking to them or are you feeling an "uneasiness"?

Obviously there are things around you for some reason and maybe you can start finding some answers.
Hope this helps!

amalimrock

Re: not really a reply but...

Post by amalimrock » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:26 am

lynn4756 wrote:do you know anything about who is contacted and sees these activities. my entire life, i have been witnessing these ghostly figures, i sense things that have happened at places before, i have been held down by a force before...etc. just wondering "why me?"
You must be gifted with the ability to see earthbound spirits and also retrocognition. Being held down by a force could be you sensing a dense form of subtle energy. And as for the question "why me?" all I can say is that people are unique, some may be more gifted than others, and well...be happy you're having these gifts :)

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:18 am

A gift can be a curse just as much as it can be a blessing.

I heard street lights go out on depressed people. I disagree. I think highly psychic people can interfere with technology, and their subconscious at least know that the lights are better out as they not only ^%(* with ours and animals circadian rhythms, but are also on a frequency that drains our bodies and the planet.

When I got back from a summer of camping in the woods and I was at a friends house who has tv on. I wanted the tv off as from being away from it for so long I had a sense for how bad it is, and the tv was all fuzzy and the picture kept cutting out, till he turned it off.

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”