:)

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Danny

:)

Post by Danny » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:26 am

oops
Last edited by Danny on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Amon

Post by Amon » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:10 am

well... you could have some memory loss.. it happend to me.. one day walking from school thinking on something else, i found my self at 1 km away, after some minutes of meditation.. i realized that i was day dreaming and i've forgoten it.. :) :):)=

Danny

t

Post by Danny » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:37 am

oops
Last edited by Danny on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:59 am

Lot of times, I when I am walking somewhere, I feel like I am the destination is too far away, but usually stop myself from going further, but once or twice have gone a bit further (50 to 100 mts ahead) & then suddenly remember my destination & gone back. This usually happened when I was going from anywhere to either my house or my workplace.

Tish

Post by Tish » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:10 pm

:)  Hi, Danny!

I have heard of this, but not in the sense of anyone I personally know recounting this.  Nor has it happened to me.

I have read about it, in other words, as here:

"A double mystery combining a strange disappearance with an even stranger reappearance took place October 24, 1593, when a soldier stationed in Manila reported for palace-guard duty in Mexico City. Instantly noticed because his uniform set him apart from the others, he was interrogated. The soldier, baffled at finding himself in a strange land, said that he had been instructed that very morning to report for duty at the palace in Manila, adding that the governor of the Philippines had been killed the night before. The incredulous authorities slapped him in jail. Two months later, news reached Mexico that confirmed his story; the governor had indeed been murdered in Manila - on the night before the soldier turned up in Mexico. The soldier was allowed to return to the Philippines. (Colin Wilson, Enigmas and Mysteries, p. 29)

Danny

Post by Danny » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:13 am

oops
Last edited by Danny on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeMadre

question

Post by DeMadre » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:06 am

could it be possible to do this at will

Danny

t

Post by Danny » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:25 am

oops
Last edited by Danny on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nick234

Post by Nick234 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:54 pm

Pretty much everything is possible if I would compare this to the creation of the Universe itself. Time - space, why should it always be connected? Isn't it quite possible these understandings are very flexible?

A while back I read something about this.. a Quantum physics experiment.. or was it the movie "What the bleep...". Who knows what the future will hold for us anyway, how cool would it be to skip time/space on command? :)

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:36 pm

I'm pretty sure that physicists at CalTech or somewhere in California have mastered quantum teleportation, which I think ultimately an instantaneous relocation of a particle two km away.  I read that they are getting ready (thought that could be 10 to 20 years???) to do that with complex molecules.  After that, who knows, solid objects?  People?  Beam me up, Scotty.

Tish

Post by Tish » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:24 pm

My son was telling me a few weeks ago about some scientific experiment that has indicated that time travel is possible (from a respectable science journal, I understand).

I haven't read the article myself, so my description is going to be rather vague and probably inaccurate - maybe someone else has the details?

He seemed to be describing an attempt to pass an ion stream through the earth; but he says that when the particles were received, there was an anomaly over the time - they were received before they were sent ....

According to my son, after checking and re-checking the results were unchanged - the particles arrived before they were sent.

Anyone got more info on this?

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:35 pm

Tish wrote:My son was telling me a few weeks ago about some scientific experiment that has indicated that time travel is possible (from a respectable science journal, I understand).

I haven't read the article myself, so my description is going to be rather vague and probably inaccurate - maybe someone else has the details?

He seemed to be describing an attempt to pass an ion stream through the earth; but he says that when the particles were received, there was an anomaly over the time - they were received before they were sent ....

According to my son, after checking and re-checking the results were unchanged - the particles arrived before they were sent.

Anyone got more info on this?
I am pretty sure this is a possible consequence of quantum teleportation.  Been too long, however, since my college physics days.  But I do know that, at least for now, entanglement theory prohibits these effects on being passed onto higher mass objects like dust particles and people.  But I can't stop thinking about the movie Timeline, where teleportation technology accidentally sent a bunch of people back to the Hundred Years War in 14th century France.

Tish

Post by Tish » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:00 pm

:)  Being an idiot, I am only reminded of somewhere in the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series, where someone's party trick was making all the particles in a girl's underwear simultaneously move two feet to the left!

Still, the possibilities of relocation in space/time are interesting!

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:31 pm

So much of what we do now (and take for granted) would be incomprehensible (or at least magical) to people of hundreds or thousands of years ago.  So, maybe in the far future, quantum teleportation will become an ordinary technology that people will use to get from place to place.

Oh, a lack of knowledge in a given discipline hardly qualifies as being an idiot, Tish.  An idiot you clearly not.

pranay

Post by pranay » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:06 pm

Tish wrote:My son was telling me a few weeks ago about some scientific experiment that has indicated that time travel is possible (from a respectable science journal, I understand).
I saw this thing once on Discovery and they said Astronauts travel in time by 1/1000th of a second everytime they go to space.

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”