Ghost Hunters VS Most Haunted

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Nick234

Ghost Hunters VS Most Haunted

Post by Nick234 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:06 am

I have seen like all episodes of Ghost Hunters (Sci Fi)! & Only a couple of Most Haunted.

I think Most Haunted is just plain stupidness compared to Ghost Hunters, the "investigators" are like screaming every episode for the most stupid things! & the "medium" in the show is soo funny when he claims to be possessed! It's more of an entertainment show to me :)..

The TAPS team from Ghost Hunters seem very professional and if there's not been tampered with their reveals at the end of each episode then they have some real interesting experiences! The episode with the haunted lighthouse is the best one till now I think :)..

Share your opinions please?  :smt003

Mare

Post by Mare » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:58 am

Honestly, I haven't watched an episode of either.  I've heard of the shows though. What channel do the shows air on? I may check 'em out.

Nick234

Post by Nick234 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:49 am

Sci Fi = Ghost Hunters
Living TV= Most Haunted (but the whole show has actually been proven to be fake! still funny show though :) )

sk2006

Post by sk2006 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:16 pm

Has anyone watched Dead Famous on the Biography channel? That is a pretty cool show. The investigators try to make contact with dead celebrities by going to places they visited when they were alive. It's pretty fun to watch but sometimes it gets weird. Like on one, supposedly Joan Crawford got into the body of the medium and it turned pretty odd then.

missouri

Post by missouri » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:43 am

I personally find Most Haunted a very stupid show. I could see it was fake from the get go. However, that "medium" is rather funny. Buuuut that's about it.

Ghost Hunter's on the other hand, I'm a die hard fan of their's. There is a lot of thing's that they've caught that I can't explain. I really like that show, and I've talked to Dustin (one of the investigater's) a few time's. He seem's like a pretty nice guy. (did anyone see the spoof of Ghost Hunter's on You Tube? It was on David Letterman. If not, I can find the link for ya'll. It was funny as heck!)

Nick234

Post by Nick234 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:16 pm

Hahah Most Haunted sure is a horrible show, but that medium is soo funny. I found a hilarious clip on youtube too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3x_JUHDYZ0
Enjoy!

& Cool that you know Dustin.. Ghost Hunters really is a nice show, the next episode is going to air quite soon I think!
btw can you post the youtube link?

MsBlanch

Post by MsBlanch » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:42 pm

Most Haunted does not hold my attention, but Ghost Hunters 'script' does.

Cerridwen

Post by Cerridwen » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:54 pm

We watch Ghost Hunters every week.  But that guy on Most Haunted is so fake.  Anyone heard when the next season of Ghost Hunters starts?

missouri

Post by missouri » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:48 am

Cerridwen wrote:We watch Ghost Hunters every week.  But that guy on Most Haunted is so fake.  Anyone heard when the next season of Ghost Hunters starts?
I haven't heard, but if anyone knows please let us know!!! :)

ghostlyknight

Post by ghostlyknight » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:31 am

I like Ghost Hunters ( TAPS )- I can't stand Most Haunted because of
" Derek the fake". And why is it they always pick women who run aroud scared out of there panties. That's just plain crazy. I don't see the women investigators from TAPS doing that.

missouri

Post by missouri » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:48 pm

One of my friend's read on Grant's blog on Myspace, that the show won't be back on till June or July. I don't know if that's so or not, I haven't looked at his blog yet. *sigh* I'm having withdrawls!

investigator1

Post by investigator1 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:33 am

The difference between Ghost Hunters and Most Haunted (besides the drama of Derek) is that the TAPS team goes into an investigation not trying so much to show a place is haunted but that it is not. They try to debunk the instances reported before they look for evidence otherwise. The mark of a true paranormal investigator is not to sensationalize but to try, scientifically, to prove.
I do believe that some of the things that Most Haunted has captured has been paranormal in nature. I mean, come on,  look at where they are, of course there is paranormal activity. A child could find it there. But the fact that they play to the camera and overact (and over react) to situations is the difference between them and TAPS.

Tony Furze

Post by Tony Furze » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:00 am

Well we here in Karachi have just had both of these "shows' arrive on TV!

It will be interesting to find out what some of the Karachi ites think of them if they watch them.

I like the pragmatic approach of the TAPS team. I don t like the internal affairs things, though.

As to Derek and Most Haunted-I was enjoying it till I discovered the Fake business.However the way they investigate is not that professional-three people in a room at 3:45 in the morning frightening eachother to death isn t on, in my opinion.

investigator1

Post by investigator1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:31 pm

You will enjoy both programs for different reasons. Most Haunted is entertaining....Ghost Hunters is facinating. I think the internal issues you spoke of is to let us, the viewers, get to know the players on a more personal level.

Enjoy!

BobD

Post by BobD » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:40 am

i watched the show ghost hunters i belive it was them when they came to my town to a place called willard library to try to see the gray lady all they did was talk and argue also it would help if they try to know something about the places they are going the pictures they were shown of the lights someone took in the basement they assumed the were lights reflecting from the highwaym only one problem with that when the pictuers were taken that highway did not exist also to see the gray lady you pretty much have to sit quietly and chances are you will see her i've seen her twice and they never mentioned the man that can be seen in the basement i felt sorry for them to drive all this way and they let their personal problems mess up what could have been a great show

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”