Tell me if you see what we see??

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:06 pm

I see face. It doesn't look like Jack but it looks like someone :)

Tessa

Post by Tessa » Thu May 03, 2007 2:48 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia, This is the link that will explain what you are seeing

pareidolia

Carl Sagan
According to Carl Sagan, human beings are, as a survival technique, "hard-wired" from birth to identify the human face. This allows people to use only minimal details to recognize faces from a distance and in poor visibility, but can also lead them to interpret random images or patterns of light and shade as being faces.[5] Skeptics assert that sightings of religious or iconic figures in everyday objects, such as Marian apparitions, are examples of pareidolia, as are some cases of electronic voice phenomena. The Face on Mars is a phenomenon that succeeded the Martian canals, both eventually attributed to pareidolia, when the "seen" images disappeared in better and more numerous images. Many Canadians saw the face of the Devil in the Queen's hair on a dollar bill in the Canadian 1954 series, adapted from a photograph. The bills were not withdrawn from circulation, but the image was altered in its next printing.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 03, 2007 4:32 am

Last checked and very recently -- Sagan is dead, as is Einstein, and Bismarck and Hitler and Tagore and Gandhi and Kennedy and Ramakrishna Parmahansa and Vivekananda and Yogananda and Rajneesh and the list goes on and on!

To me, that has always been the reality! don't expect dead men or women to solve your living problems of today! Do take their words of advice seriously but do not blame them for your misunderstandings!

For truth be told, THEY never spoke to you directly!

And that goes for all those scriptures that people live and die for but never care to see the original version, anyway - even when available!

RR

[quote="Tessa"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia, This is the link that will explain what you are seeing

pareidolia

Carl Sagan
According to Carl Sagan, human beings are, as a survival technique, "hard-wired" from birth to identify the human face. This allows people to use only minimal details to recognize faces from a distance and in poor visibility, but can also lead them to interpret random images or patterns of light and shade as being faces.[5] Skeptics assert that sightings of religious or iconic figures in everyday objects, such as Marian apparitions, are examples of pareidolia, as are some cases of electronic voice phenomena. The Face on Mars is a phenomenon that succeeded the Martian canals, both eventually attributed to pareidolia, when the "seen" images disappeared in better and more numerous images. Many Canadians saw the face of the Devil in the Queen's hair on a dollar bill in the Canadian 1954 series, adapted from a photograph. The bills were not withdrawn from circulation, but the image was altered in its next printing.[/quote]

Tessa

Post by Tessa » Thu May 03, 2007 10:22 am

Yes they all may be dead but that does not make them less brilliant or less terrifying, we would be ignorant to dismissed the acheivments of those that came before us, We must be careful not to see something paranormal in everything for when the real paranormal displays itself we might miss it or bundle it into a lesser wonder. :)

reichild

Post by reichild » Thu May 03, 2007 1:54 pm

Well said Tessa!

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Thu May 03, 2007 6:51 pm

I can't see a face in any of the pictures at all.

Not even if i half close my eyes and squint.

feel like i am missing out now.

Never mind.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 03, 2007 11:05 pm

No one is denying or being diminuitive about their brilliance. I am just cautioning readers that what they have stated has been subject to interpretation by the readers! The more mystical, quantum, spiritual the writing, the more it is vulnerable to being incorrectly interpreted or variably interpreted.

I interpret your message to indicate that you view things and happenings as if they occur in different 'bins'! There is the normal things in this bin and paranormal in that bin! This is how brain conveniently classifies and dissects reality. Who is to say that in fact they are not separate at all! As each seed unfolds and the tree emerges, there is something very normal and earthy in that unfoldment, but there is also something paranormal!

Perhaps we look at things differently

RR

[quote="Tessa"]Yes they all may be dead but that does not make them less brilliant or less terrifying, we would be ignorant to dismissed the acheivments of those that came before us, We must be careful not to see something paranormal in everything for when the real paranormal displays itself we might miss it or bundle it into a lesser wonder. :)[/quote]

Tessa

Post by Tessa » Thu May 03, 2007 11:44 pm

If we all had the same way of looking at things, had the same opinions and same tastes for things, we would have no reason to question and without questions we would not have progression and without progression we would not be where we are today, we would be still sitting in a cave somewhere agreeing on all things with no exploration. Thank the universe/Gods/great one, (whichever you hold as the highest knowledge/power) for our differences, I welcome them.

The greatest knowledge is to question, not to follow blindly.This goes for everything in life.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 04, 2007 12:26 am

Dear Friend (we are, are we not ;-)?)

Unless I am interpreting you wrongly, do you seriously believe that the cavemen (and their beloved women!) were sitting around in caves agreeing happily? While their trained hunting dogs (or wolves perhaps) were bringing home the bacon, literally?

This was a good illustration of how readily we fall prey to our biggest ally and biggest enemy: Imagination not riding on facts and information! Thanks for sharing!!

And even if evolution happened, slowly (general belief) or rapidly (alien gene inoculation theory!), was the first question if that indeed was the initiator, just a mutation or a recessive influence?

RR

RR

[quote="Tessa"]If we all had the same way of looking at things, had the same opinions and same tastes for things, we would have no reason to question and without questions we would not have progression and without progression we would not be where we are today, we would be still sitting in a cave somewhere agreeing on all things with no exploration. Thank the universe/Gods/great one, (whichever you hold as the highest knowledge/power) for our differences, I welcome them.

The greatest knowledge is to question, not to follow blindly.This goes for everything in life.[/quote]

Tessa

Post by Tessa » Fri May 04, 2007 4:49 am

rohiniranjan wrote:Dear Friend (we are, are we not ;-)?) This I am not sure, I have not got to know you personally and I would not like to take another's opinion on your character as I may be misinformed :smt003

Unless I am interpreting you wrongly,  No, I don't believe they were sitting around agreeing, that is my point, you see you did interpret me wrongly
do you seriously believe that the cavemen (and their beloved women!) were sitting around in caves agreeing happily? While their trained hunting dogs (or wolves perhaps) were bringing home the bacon, literally?

This was a good illustration of how readily we fall prey to our biggest ally and biggest enemy: Imagination not riding on facts and information! Ah but how can we know that these facts are correct being that they do not come from the source directly, for cave men are very rare in this world I would go so far as to say extinct/dead,perhaps the facts you are referring to have been corrupted! You are contradicting yourself here, so do we follow our imagination or do we fall prey to it? Is not what we are discussing fueled by the imagination?   Thanks for sharing!!

And even if evolution happened, slowly (general belief) or rapidly (alien gene inoculation theory!), was the first question if that indeed was the initiator, just a mutation or a recessive influence?

Last edited by Tessa on Fri May 04, 2007 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 04, 2007 5:00 am

Dear Friend: Red is the colour of raw emotion, of blood, of mars, or confrontation, of having come to a point where 'it does not matter, one way or another!"

Truth be told, I am not at that point! The vacuous point of desperation -- enough to simply get into a battle without a cause, or value, with a stranger even!!

I hope you do understand!

So does that make me weak or does it make you stronger?

:-)

RR

[quote="Tessa"][quote="rohiniranjan"]Dear Friend (we are, are we not ;-)?) [color=red]This I am not sure, I have not got to know you personally and I would not like to take another's opinion on your character as I may be misinformed :smt003 [/color]

Unless I am interpreting you wrongly,  [color=red]No, I don't believe they were sitting [/color][color=red]around agreeing, that is my point, you see you did interpret me wrongly[/color]
do you seriously believe that the cavemen (and their beloved women!) were sitting around in caves agreeing happily? While their trained hunting dogs (or wolves perhaps) were bringing home the bacon, literally?

This was a good illustration of how readily we fall prey to our biggest ally and biggest enemy: Imagination not riding on facts and information! Thanks for sharing!!

[color=red][/color][/quote]

Tessa

Post by Tessa » Fri May 04, 2007 7:06 am

Neither, it makes us different, which is my point

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri May 04, 2007 12:24 pm

I love healthy debate, your conversation has been really interesting.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 04, 2007 11:36 pm

So we never left the point where we began! How sad...! ;-)

RR

[quote="Tessa"]Neither, it makes us different, which is my point[/quote]

Tessa

Post by Tessa » Sat May 05, 2007 12:02 am

Ah, but I did not set out to leave from where I began or for confrontation, just to help people see that there are many paths to ones own truth and many views on everything, it was you that curtailed the debate not I,

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”