Orbs

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sturgisgirl

Orbs

Post by sturgisgirl » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:52 am

I love this site! Maybe I can get help on a question I have.
I live on an old farm in the midwest and when I take pictures outside near the barn I always get orbs. I am using a digital camera. And almost EVERY picture we take outside will have atleast ONE orb show up. Even with different cameras.  
They show up inside & outside of the barn and in one other part of the property. Could someone explain to me the definition of an "orb" and explain what they are exactly.
Thank you!

Tish

Post by Tish » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:15 am

:) I see nobody else has answered you.

I don't recall ever coming across a definition of orbs; but what people are talking about are spherical coloured lights (balls of energy) that have an existence here on the physical plane (as opposed to being "seen" or perceived only with energy self, they are seen with eyes).  I have read about them being picked up by cameras before.

Psychics that see them feel that they are a representation of a living presence (higher spirits); as opposed to the phenomenon of "ball lightning" which seems to be an undirected, natural occurrence, although we don't understand what brings it about.

I have never seen orbs myself (though my daughter and her friend have, at least a couple of times).  I told her not to be afraid, because they are the presence of benign spirit energies, guides.  I see kind of dots of light, but it seems as if I am not seeing them on this plane, it seems like looking further than this plane ...

A friend of mine saw a ball of white light in her house, shortly after her uncle had died.  She heard his voice speaking to her from it (no dire messages, just letting her know he was OK to ease her grief).  I am not sure whether this would be called an orb in the usual sense that psychics describe them.

Sorry I can't give the sort of definitive information you have asked for!

All the best,
Tish

sk2006

Post by sk2006 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:20 pm

I've never seen an orb in person...of course everyone has probably seen pics on tv where people say they are orbs. I always wondered if they were just specks of dust upclose that caught the flash! But who knows!

Nicole

Re: Orbs

Post by Nicole » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:41 pm

sturgisgirl wrote:I love this site! Maybe I can get help on a question I have.
I live on an old farm in the midwest and when I take pictures outside near the barn I always get orbs. I am using a digital camera. And almost EVERY picture we take outside will have atleast ONE orb show up. Even with different cameras.  
They show up inside & outside of the barn and in one other part of the property. Could someone explain to me the definition of an "orb" and explain what they are exactly.
Thank you!
Hope this helps~!!

Seeing Dots of Light

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 83&start=0

ps,
Tish remember now~??..lol :)
Ñícolé

Tish

Post by Tish » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:45 pm

:)  Hi, Nicole!

They gave a definition there, did they?  I've forgotten!  It was dots of light I was talking about in that thread, not orbs!  Oops!
:smt005
Not paying enough attention, I expect!

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:02 pm

Tish wrote::)  Hi, Nicole!

They gave a definition there, did they?  I've forgotten!  It was dots of light I was talking about in that thread, not orbs!  Oops!
:smt005
Not paying enough attention, I expect!
OMG don't cry...lol  :smt018

Hugs,
Ñícolé

Danny

Post by Danny » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:41 pm

oops
Last edited by Danny on Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:03 pm

Danny wrote:I saw something when I was around 10 years old.

It had a circular shape about 5 inches across.  It was like it was creating a distortion as it moved above me to the left. It seemed to be turning slowly counter clockwise.  The distortion I speak of would be similar to that of the mirage you see in the desert, that wavy light look.  Is this what you are seeing?
Danny, Hi there.  :smt006

I don't know about the desert~?  :smt017
They come in all shapes & sizes for me.. And others I know...
I have seen one do a wave, It looked like a big Gumby. You know, Gumby and Poky show...lol Gumby was green and Poky was red... omg...lol I was a kid watching that show... 3 days later a very dear older man, He was so sweet.. He past away.. I fond out after I seen this Gumby looking shape waving, it bent down to peek in my bedroom, and my Mother said, `Nicolè´ Put your light on and come into my room. Don't ask just do it... But I know why shy said it, because I saw it also... I was 12 or 13 years old... When she spoken to me it bent back up and went down our hall and Puff gone~!!
Ñícolé

Danny

Post by Danny » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:55 am

oops
Last edited by Danny on Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:54 am

Danny wrote:Nicole,

What I meant by mirage in the desert, was the effect heat has on air, when you look at it it sort of ripples like water only transparent.

The only other circular thing I have seen that I can recall,  was a large circular eye about 5 feet across, blue in color.  I was 16 at the time.
This eye reminds of the eye on the pyramid found on the US dollar.
Ohh cool...
Please excuse my frenchness.. "Giggles"
I know what you mean now..
Sorry I didn't before...lol
Wow an eye shape......... Maybe it was your third eye seeing something ahead for you~?
Ñícolé

Danny

Post by Danny » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:31 am

oops
Last edited by Danny on Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:59 pm

Danny wrote:Pas de probleme Nicole  ( No problem Nicole)

It was more like this eye was looking at me but I could be wrong.
It really bugs me when I can't put the puzzles together right off..lol Or maybe never~!! I love to hear about others also, and try to help them to... I don't know about this eye.. sounds kinda cool..  :)
Ñícolé

ghostlyknight

Orbs?

Post by ghostlyknight » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:05 pm

Orbs?

Well, where do I begin. I am the co founder of Ghostly Knights Paranormal Society and there has been alot of pro and con discussions about orbs. Are they of a haunting nature or just a energy source from a object or spirit? Are they real or just dust particales in the air? In my opinion.... I would not put too much emphasis on them. I know that they are around alot, almost in every picture that has been taken. That is what worries me, there is too many. I believe that 90% are dust particales, 5% are unknown and the last 5% are an energy source of some nature. Unfortunately,  there is no definite definition on what a orb would look like. It is very hard to distinguish a orb from a piece of dust.They all look pretty much the same. I think it is more of the movement of the orb itself that makes it unique. Dust generally floats around at usually a slow speed. Orbs have a definite pattern of movement and at a faster speed. It seems like they are also checking us out. If you like taking pictures of orbs, go for it. That is what the paranormal is all about, the unknown. As far as I am concerned, I will just let them be.
Last edited by ghostlyknight on Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

parteejen

Post by parteejen » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:59 pm

I am a paranormal investigator for IPRA, International Paranormal Research Association. Orbs are a much disputed phenomenon and if anyone had PROOF, then everyone would know what they are.

My personal belief is that a true ORB is a ball of energy. Yes, this can mean a spirit, but can also encompass just about anything. Most orbs that are photographed are dust, bugs, or lens flare from your camera. A true orb will emit a light of it's own. This means that you are better off taking the picture in the dark with no flash to capture a true orb. There is also speculation that orbs are more acceptable if they are taken with a regular 35mm camera than with a digital, though I haven't tested this myself yet.

I myself know that orbs do exist, as I've seen many with my own two eyes. It's spectacular to watch, and I feel lucky that I've had the opportunity to see them.

ghostlyknight

Orbs?

Post by ghostlyknight » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:14 pm

Orbs?

Well, where do I begin. I am the co founder of Ghostly Knights Paranormal Society and there has been alot of pro and con discussions about orbs. Are they of a haunting nature or just a energy source from a object or spirit? Are they real or just dust particales in the air? In my opinion.... I would not put too much emphasis on them. I know that they are around alot, almost in every picture that has been taken. That is what worries me, there is too many. I believe that 90% are dust particales, 5% are unknown and the last 5% are an energy source of some nature. Unfortunately,  there is no definite definition on what a orb would look like. It is very hard to distinguish a orb from a piece of dust.They all look pretty much the same. I think it is more of the movement of the orb itself that makes it unique. Dust generally floats around at usually a slow speed. Orbs have a definite pattern of movement and at a faster speed. It seems like they are also checking us out. If you like taking pictures of orbs, go for it. That is what the paranormal is all about, the unknown. As far as I am concerned, I will just let them be.  Well, that's my opinion.

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”