A Strange Event

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

rleeq

A Strange Event

Post by rleeq » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:00 pm

Greetings All:

I thought I'd share an experience I recently had and see what you guys think.

I recently moved from Little Havana which is a small community in Miami Florida to one of the outlying towns in the area called Naranja. About a month after I moved in, I was awakened one night by a noise coming from my living room. Not knowing the community I grabbed a machete (if I'd had one I'd have grabbed a gun) and went to investigate. As I approached the living room I noticed that there was a flickering light as well as a noise which sounded like static.

What I found was that the Television had been turned on. I thought that on a long shot this might have been explained by a power surge or some such normal phenomena. What I couldn't explain, by any stretch of my imagination, is the fact that the channel had been changed.

You see, when I moved in I had Dish Network installed for my TV as well as my internet. As I'm sure you all know, to access nearly any such system the Television it self has to be turned to channel 3. In this instance the channel had been changed to 19. By all appearances the television coming on and the channel having been changed was done without the use of the remote. I can say this because when I checked the black box, the little green light was not on. I had some downloading scheduled and running over night on my computer so I did check it and as far as I could tell this didn't affect my computer.  

I am not a superstitious person by nature and I don't know whether ghosts exist or not. I figure, if they do I am sorry that they have not moved on to their destination and if they don't well...they don't. Also I've ruled out the possibility of this having been a dream. Because this event did spook me a little I remained awake reading after I climbed back into bed. Nothing else happened that night nor since then. On a side note, I will admit that I have had times when I felt some undefined kind of strangeness since moving here but as I said I am not superstitious and have marked those times up to being in a new house.

I have not yet spoken to the landlord about this but I am planning on doing so on the first when he comes to collect rent. I have given some time to trying to figure out what caused this to happen. So far it remains a mystery. If you have any input please feel free to chime in.

Asila00

Post by Asila00 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:25 pm

I have had the same thing happen to me. I also has a dish installed. I had 3 tv's in my home. What would happen to mine was, it would come on and go off in various rooms of my home. Never at the same time. It would sometimes seems as if the signal had faded , yet the other two tvs were fine. It would skip around to the different tvs which left me with no explanation as to why.

rleeq

Update

Post by rleeq » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Having lived in my little townhouse now for 4 years, I have found out that e experience power surges and what can only be described as flickers. That is, the power will fluctuate wildly for he space of 2 to 3 seconds. When this happens all kinds of things happen which might otherwise be thought of as paranormal. Lights will flicker on then off. But the TV is different. When the power surges or flickers, the TV will come on and change to channel 19. Now this is weird enough but to add to the confusion, the cable will not come on so no program will show, it's just static.

All in all it's just annoying. It wakes me up in the middle of the night and I have to go in and change the channel back to 3 and shut the TV off. Usually his disturbs me in the middle of a dream.
Rev. R'

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”