Robert "The Haunted " Doll

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sommerstars8o8

Robert "The Haunted " Doll

Post by Sommerstars8o8 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:50 pm

I hope that everyOne  remember  this story  about   Robert"The Haunted" Doll at  Key West . FL   I find this  doll very Creepy  yet i want to see it in person .
hauntedamericatours.com/hauntedstates/hauntedflorida/hauntedkeywest/]Robert  The Doll ~story ~

What do you guys think ?

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:12 pm

I've never heard of Robert "the haunted" doll.  But boy do I get a creepy feeling looking at those pics.
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

Rising_Sun

Post by Rising_Sun » Sun May 11, 2008 11:22 am

It's really hard for me to believe in these haunted doll stories. No offense but I actually find it quite ridiculous and I think one has to be very gullible to believe these stuff. How exactly does a doll get haunted? Does it happen because a spirit or demon goes inside the doll and if so, why does the spirit decide to remain there?
life is real when you are dreaming, life is a dream when you are realing

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Tue May 20, 2008 5:42 am

Man that is a freaky doll....I really dont like the second pic *shivers*....But i dont like things like that so i expect to have that sort of reaction.....It creeps me out,alot.

Tamara :o)
~*~* May the God and Goddess within you shine*~*~

daizyblackrose

Post by daizyblackrose » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:24 pm

lol I collect dolls, but dolls like that one well..........never ever will be in my collection.  
The dolls I have don't even think to try that sort of stuff out, cause they know they'd be gone seconds flat.
So they stay still & quite.
Which works for me lol.

Daizy
Am here but Am not, Am remembered but not seen, Am felt but never can be held. For I am the wind... DaizyBlackrose.

forcemaster245

Post by forcemaster245 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:40 am

IMO, there are a few possibilities as to why the dolls are "haunted". Firstly, a spirit or demon could have entered it OR Secondly, someone, likely a black magic practitioner or a sorcerer, could have infused dark energy with those dolls.

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:54 pm

I live in Florida and YES I have heard the story of Robert... It is a strange and compelling story and like you I am attracted to seeing it in person and yet put off by the thought of being anywhere near it. I don't know about the haunting of dolls, and the how true it is or not. I would like to tell everyone to look up the story and to read it before you say anything else. The story makes the doll so much more than just a 'creepy' picture it really makes you wonder about all the things that we don't know about. I personally find it fascinating that people and believe in somethings that have no proof and yet not in others... Just cuz you can't see it or do it, doesn't mean that it isn't possible.

Nyte
Nyte

Wondering in the darkness, but never alone...

Little Miss Sunshine

Post by Little Miss Sunshine » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 pm

I used to work at Key West PD and yes, Robert exists.   I believe he's at the East Mortello tower now.  Key West is very haunted.  While working for KWPD we handled MANY unexplained alarms at the house where "Robert" used to be.  A few of my officers REFUSED to go into the building.  I also personally worked the receiving end of a 9-1-1 calls from Whispers Bed and breakfast  one night.  

Callers on the first floor reported someone being killed/crying/screaming on the second floor.  People on the second reported the same for the third floor.  When officers arrived, NO ONE would answer their doors believing a killer was on the loose.  Officers cleared the first floor, then the second.  When they arrived on the third floor, they also heard a woman crying from inside one of the rooms.  

The manager confirmed no one was staying in the room and they had the manager unlock the door (which had been unlocked when he went to bed but was now locked).  They entered the room, guns drawn, to find the room completly empty and nothing disturbed per the manager.  

I also highly recommend the haunted tour.  No, I'm not affiliated with the tour folks in anyway and no longer live in the keys. It was just a a fun and interesting experience.  The gentleman who does the tour business also has written a book on Haunted Key West which was interesting.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:12 pm

*smilies* I was reading what you wrote littlemisssunshine, and I have to tell you that I love your slinky thing at the bottom.... It had me rotfl.

Nyte
Nyte

Little Miss Sunshine

Post by Little Miss Sunshine » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:35 am

Nyte, glad to be of assistance!  If I managed to make someone laff, my job is complete.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:18 pm

*smile* It was a much needed laugh, so I thank you for it... Been havin a rough patch with some friends... one that is avoiding me, and the other who feels ashamed from having spoken about me badly to my b/f. *sighs* It happens and it is part of being friends with others to have spots of not getting along... but still hurts and makes ya sad when it happens... Which is why I love this place so much. I always find something here to brighten my day. Still makes me giggle to read it... LOL slinkies... So good!!

Nyte
Nyte

myssjayd

Post by myssjayd » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:48 am

That is an interesting story. It sounds pretty ridiculous to me though. Why would the doll be haunted in the Jamaican caretaker gave the child the doll out of love? I think whoever came up with the story is reaching towards some Jamaican stereotypes (anything magical associated with Jamaicans is always something evil, like voodoo).

It's interesting to think about though. I have a friend, a grown man, who swears when he was growing up his sister had a haunted doll. He claims that they even had to sell the doll because it would appear in random spots and she was scared of it. I mean, it would be a weird thing for him to lie about and he was serious, but it's an interesting thing to think about.

That doll doesn't look scary to me though. It looks pretty cool and unique, actually.

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”