Amityville Horror

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

WhoseLineBabygirl

Amityville Horror

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:28 pm

Not sure which section i should put this in but i was thinking(which is kinda dangerous for me lol) about what happened in that house and I got a few theorys of what might have happened. I dont think anything was hoaxed i believe that maybe a few things happened to them and they automatically assumed that the place was possessed. I believe that a risdual haunt was there, i mean after what happened how can there not be something left behind? It might have showed up only a few times for whatever reason and then left completely(recent owner says he hasent experianced anything) now my thoughts on the rest of the sitution with them is that maybe since it was a big house with probably a bad furnace and probably other problems they didnt see. High emfs and mold can make someone personality change and make them hear and see things that arent there, George says he was always sick(thats what i read in the book and saw on the movie) and i'm thinking maybe the mold that might have been in the house caused all that, now recent owners have fixed up the place and havent experianced anything which makes me believe they found the high emfs and mold and most likely fixed it.

thats my theory i could be wrong but whats everybody else's theory on that

aliceswonderland

Post by aliceswonderland » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:15 am

I have always wondered about the story of Amity house aswell whosline its bizarre i found out later after I had read the story it was hoaxed aswell but could all of it really have been? I totally agree with what you have just wrote and the house totally looks suspicious itself I mean check it out.  :smt017

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:15 pm

Yes i have also heard that there is a type of mold that can make people very ill....My opinion with the house is that i dont think it was as bad as what they made it out to be as such.....I think they might have played it up a little...I do think that it was haunted to a point and i do believe things happened while they were there.But i also think there were other factors included into the whole thing.

Tamara :o)

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:37 pm

soul_flower wrote:Yes i have also heard that there is a type of mold that can make people very ill....My opinion with the house is that i dont think it was as bad as what they made it out to be as such.....I think they might have played it up a little...I do think that it was haunted to a point and i do believe things happened while they were there.But i also think there were other factors included into the whole thing.

yup yup! like i said in my other post they probably did have a few things happen which made them think the house was suddenly possessed when it really wasent it was just other things that made them sick or something, and the person who owns it now hasent had anything happen to him so he probably fixed the problem

Mer06854

Amityville

Post by Mer06854 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:00 am

I agree with the high emf theory. Alot of people do not realize that it can cause many things including paranoia, skin irritations.  The fact that the renovations did not bring out more spirit activity but none at all is a sign of definately EMF.  Most of the time when renovations are underway, spirits become restless and do not want the change, in this case it did not happen.

EMF? I think so.

Mer06854

Amityville

Post by Mer06854 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:02 am

I agree with the high emf theory. Alot of people do not realize that it can cause many things including paranoia, skin irritations.  The fact that the renovations did not bring out more spirit activity but none at all is a sign of definately EMF.  Most of the time when renovations are underway, spirits become restless and do not want the change, in this case it did not happen.

EMF? I think so.

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:21 am

Even if it was a few factors that made them think the house was haunted it made for a pretty good movie,sure gave me a few jumps lol.

Oh wow i didnt know it could cause paranoia,maybe i should google it...Im interested in this now.

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:09 pm

yeah it was a good movie and the guy who played the father was hoooooooooot!!

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”