Experiences with haunted places?

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

PrettySiren

Experiences with haunted places?

Post by PrettySiren » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:08 am

For about a decade now, I've been "ghost hunting". At first, it started off when my friends and I were kids and we would go along with our parents to places that were supposed to be haunted. But over the years, it's developed into a serious hobby of mine.

Through my experiences, I've become convinced that there are in fact ghosts and that they do in fact linger in this plane. So, I thought it'd be fun to share experiences with hauntings.

When I enter a place that's haunted, I sometimes feel it. I dunno if I have psychic tendencies or if everyone can feel the presence of spirits. But I feel it. It's usually quite strong too. I'm not developed enough to communicate with spirits, but I believe I can sense their presence.

One particularly striking experience involved a place in Florence, Alabama (just across the bridge from me) called Pope's Tavern. It's one of the oldest buildings in town and has a rich history, being located directly on Andrew Jackson's military road (Jackson even stayed there). During the American Civil War, it served as a hospital for both sides (at the time, the Yankees had taken Florence and General Sherman was using Wesleyan Hall at the University of North Alabama -- only two blocks from Pope's -- as his headquarters.)

I was on the bottom floor of Pope's Tavern about to ascend the steep, steep stairs when I felt something ice cold grab my arm. No one was there. My friend was already upstairs and the lone museum guide was in the other room. It felt like a hand, but it was very cold. Very different from the warmth you might feel from a living, human hand. Again, there was nothing there. But as I looked down, I could see my skin turning white in the shape of someone else's fingers -- as though they were clutching my arm.

Upstairs, there was an extreme sense of despair.  That's the only way to describe it. Death had obviously happened there. Lots of death. There was a lot of bad feelings connected with the place. That is also where they keep a lot of war artifacts. So, I don't know if the feelings are attatched to the room or the artifacts themselves -- my guess is both.

My friend and I decided to reach out to any spirits who might be present. We are by no means skilled mediums, but we figured it couldn't hurt to offer whoever might be there at least some comfort and let them know that we know they're there and that everything's okay. We asked them if they were there to give us some sort of sign. And we heard something move. It wasn't loud, but it was definitely audible in the stark silence of the upstairs (we were the only visitors at the time).

No orbs were taken in our pictures and our videos didn't catch any paranormal phenomena, but the feelings I felt there were enough to convince me that more resided in that place than a bunch of old artifacts.

And going back to General Sherman, it is known that his office was one of the rooms on the bottom floor of Wesleyan Hall. My geography class was down there last semester. And I highly suspect it was that particular room were his office was -- not only because it was nice and spacious with a nice view of the surroundings, but also because...I could feel something there. One day, I had a similar experience as I did at Pope's Tavern: I felt something grab my arm. Again, it was rather cold. Also, the door moved even though it had a door stopper. I feel like General Sherman was there. And I suppose if I were more in tuned to spirits, there wouldn't have been any question.

ravenuriel

Post by ravenuriel » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:22 pm

hi!

I feel things when I walk into a truly haunted house.
I have been investigating for some time now
I do house cleansings and blessings aswell

Everyone has psychic abilities
its learning about them and using them

take a medium with you next time you go out and cross reference your feelings with that of the medium and see where you are with your abilities.

a field study so to speak.

Love and Light
Ravenuriel~
The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.~ The Kybalion~

PrettySiren

Post by PrettySiren » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:10 pm

I would love to find a medium to work with around here, but so far, I haven't had much luck. There's many people here who would like to scientifically investigate with cameras and EMF detectors which is well and good, but I haven't met anyone yet to has or feel they have any sort of medium experiences. Most folks here acknowledge that ghosts are practically everywhere and have no desire to delve further into something they already see as a "fact of life".

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”