Difference between a Ghost and an Apparition?

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Difference between a Ghost and an Apparition?

Post by swetha » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:33 pm

first of all i am not sure of ghosts... and now i hear this new thing about apparition?? what is the difference? are they good ,bad???

dawn

Post by dawn » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:05 pm

hello as long as my memory severs me, apparition also means ghost.................... but i don't know what you really mean.please can you be more brife on what you like to say.
i don't know why people keep on insisting that the ghost exists...............

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:38 am

I feel ghosts and apparitions are different. will try to explain later

Deborah

Ghost

Post by Deborah » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:06 pm

maybe you never seen one .. maybe ghost / spirits/ guides/ appritians..............are sort of same ..alll types of messengers?

Where I live at has to have native americans here... we find arrow heads all the time
broken pieces of pottery................

I have seen people that nobody else seems to see ... me and my daughter both have heard people singing ..sounded like a party behind our barn...............

What was that?

Around the corner from me where my husband grew up... that farm .. I see a man all the time I see him on the corner in bibs and waving his hankachief at me ... I described him recently and well ... hubbys family now believe its there brother who was lost at war. ..............they pulled his picture out and it looks just like that man I see.

What was that?

Up the road from me...as you come into town........ I have had a little boy run out in front of me..............latter to find out a little boy got off his kindergarten school bus to be struck by a car..and killed.

What was that?

dawn

Re: Ghost

Post by dawn » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:41 pm

i don't understand why people keep on insisting that they have seen ghosts....
maybe you never seen one .. maybe ghost / spirits/ guides/ appritians..............are sort of same ..alll types of messengers?

Where I live at has to have native americans here... we find arrow heads all the time
broken pieces of pottery................

I have seen people that nobody else seems to see ... me and my daughter both have heard people singing ..sounded like a party behind our barn...............

What was that?
i could be your imagination................
Around the corner from me where my husband grew up... that farm .. I see a man all the time I see him on the corner in bibs and waving his hankachief at me ... I described him recently and well ... hubbys family now believe its there brother who was lost at war. ..............they pulled his picture out and it looks just like that man I see.

What was that?
he could be your husband.................. trying to scar you..............you konw for anything............. just keep a eye on your husband
Up the road from me...as you come into town........ I have had a little boy run out in front of me..............latter to find out a little boy got off his kindergarten school bus to be struck by a car..and killed.

What was that?
dawn

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:39 pm

i believe Debbie,
maybe i havent seen a ghost or an apparition but sane normal people wouldntt lie about such stuf.. there must be something to it.

Sophe

Post by Sophe » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:59 pm

Dawn - Just curious but is the reason why you don't believe in ghosts or apparition is because within that ghosthunters group you couldn't find anything or prove that there are ghosts? Sometimes when we are looking so hard for something we miss it.

I have seen a ghost and I do believe and I know it was not or never will be my imagination.

Onetime I was walking to my car in the morning and this man who I never seen before was standing right outside by my car and then once he noticed I was looking at him he started walking towards me. It actually startled me at first and then as he walked by I acknowledged him and of course (he said nothing) I looked back to make sure he continued walking away from me and he was gone. There was no way this person could of walked into one of the buildings surrounding me because I didn't give him enough time from the time he walked by till the time I looked back was maybe 5 secs.

As for ghost and apparitions, when I think of apparitions I think of the negative energies of the ghost sometimes like ghosts from the darkside if you want to call it. These are the things that want to stop us light workers from continuing our work on this plane. Ghosts is more of a general term describe beings that have passed.

Sophe

Deborah

no not my imagination

Post by Deborah » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:05 pm

and not hubby trying to scare me as well he has been in the car with me when i have screemed at him not to hit the child .. I freeked him out enough to go back home!

Dawn do you believe in messengers? Have you ever felt something that is not there?
shadows that move and nothing to make the shadow?

Look at this site  http://www.prairieghosts.com/tours.html

this is the place I grew up... lots of cold history there!! I have also went on Troys tours... and many things freeked the living **** out of my husband .. but to me it was just normal stuff!  I was telling the stories before the tour guide did... he stoped at one time and asked me how I knew so much info ..if i had studied this.. I said no .. I grew up hearing these stories and the one house you stoped at was my Grannies house ..and she abandoned it!

darkhalo

Post by darkhalo » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:21 pm

maybe ghosts are the lost souls of some human beings and apparitions could be related to spirits, not necessarely evil.

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”