My Paranormal Experiences

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

muffinDuh

My Paranormal Experiences

Post by muffinDuh » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:57 am

A few years ago, I had my 1st paranormal experience when I was 12 years old. It was night and I was inside alone;  my mother was outside with her friend. I was watching TV, as usually, when the power went out. I didn't panic at first, but I had a feeling I was being watched.

The phone rang and it was my mother. She was calling to let me know she was coming inside to get me. As I was seated on the bed . . . I noticed something. A glow of white began walking up the stairs and it paused on the last step. It turned in my direction and from the way it stood, I could tell it noticed me; the light became brighter.

It stared at me for at least a minute before it vanished into my Aunt's room.

The 2nd experience I had was with my mom. I didn't mention anything at first until she asked me if I saw anything. We had been on our way from the hospital visiting my Great Uncle. There was a fog. As my mom drove, she started slowing the car. In the midst of the fog, I could she images of people crossing the street. There was even a man in a top hat and a woman carrying an umbrella. The woman was dressed in a large dress and a bonnet.

The 3rd experience I had was not too long ago. I was waking up from my sleep when it happened. Normally, when I am thirsty I wake up in the middle of the night to grab something to drink. This time when I tried, I couldn't get up. Someone was resting on top of me. I could feel them pressing down every time I moved. They were whispering something in my ear, but I don't remember what they were saying.

Vivek Trivedi

Post by Vivek Trivedi » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:12 am

yeah that time i was in 7th standard and went out for a vacation in a hill station with my parents, we stayed in a hotel,at night suddenly i woke up hearing a music which was coming out from our side room,I came out from our room and went that room,then i saw the room was locked from the outside  and the light was off,and the music was stopped,I was feeling so weird and scared that I came back to our room and shut the door.next day I found that there is no chance that one could play piano,and I was not able to find out that mystery till date.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience here.

ImperfectBeauty

Post by ImperfectBeauty » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:08 pm

muffinDuh wrote:The 3rd experience I had was not too long ago. I was waking up from my sleep when it happened. Normally, when I am thirsty I wake up in the middle of the night to grab something to drink. This time when I tried, I couldn't get up. Someone was resting on top of me. I could feel them pressing down every time I moved. They were whispering something in my ear, but I don't remember what they were saying.
My mom told me about something similar that happened to her. She was asleep with her boyfriend and something woke up her up but she felt paralyzed and could not move or speak and like something was pressing her down. She said the door opened and a tall figure came in and stood at the end of the bed for a minute or two. Then it just walked out of the room and closed the door and she freaked out and went to wake up her boyfriend but she said he was already awake and said the door woke him up and he saw it too and also couldn't move or speak.

I myself haven't had anything like that happen to me but I believe these things really happen and I believe her. I didn't when I was younger, I thought, "She's just trying to scare me" haha. But I've had.... milder... for lack of a better word... things happen to me.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Sleep Paralysis

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:45 am

Please note that this posting is an old one which was made in October of 2009. The member has not posted since September 2011

To ImperfectBeauty,

What both your mother and her boyfriend were experiencing is called sleep paralysis, and it is therefore unlikely that this event was in any way technically paranormal or supernatural as it appears to be on the surface.

But that does not make it uninteresting, or not worth sharing with us on this forum.

In contrast I find these events fascinating and very personally relevant, as I have experienced them myself many times over.

Sleep paralysis happens naturally when we dream, so that we do not accidentally harm ourselves or anyone sleeping in the same bed as us, by acting out what we are dreaming about in real life.

When the dream is over and we are waking up, the sleep paralysis is supposed to gradually disappear as we regain consciousness.

Some times and with some people something goes wrong. Our conscious awareness returns, but the sleep paralysis which is only in our minds does not go away as quickly and smoothly as it should.

Not only can this be frightening with you thinking you are fully awake but apparently unable to move, but visual and auditory hallucinations are common such as seeing burglars or supernatural creatures or ghosts which are really not there. They can feel as though they are on top of you, choking or suffocating the breath out of you (the old hag syndrome).

It is thought that sleep paralysis is caused by a disordered or disrupted sleep pattern. Oversleeping or going back to bed after you got up at the usual time increases the chances of you developing symptoms of sleep paralysis.

This is also closely related to the phenomenon of false awakenings, where you think that you are wide awake, but are actually still deeply asleep and dreaming that you have just woken up.

Fortunately nobody so far has been documented to come to any lasting harm from one or more incidences of delayed sleep paralysis, although if you had a heart problem thinking incorrectly that you may have been paralysed in your sleep by a stroke or are being attacked by a ghost or demon would not do anything good for your state of mind, or your chances of suffering from a heart attack.

Fascinating, but probably neither paranormal nor supernatural.

More likely to be psychological (of the mind) and physiological (of the body) IMHO

Take care,

EoT  :smt003

ImperfectBeauty

Post by ImperfectBeauty » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:10 am

That is very interesting and I didn't know about any of that. At the same time I wonder how they both saw the same thing and experienced this at the same time. That itself is weird to me.

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”