spiritual experience

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

hallam411

spiritual experience

Post by hallam411 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:47 pm

A few years back I was meditating, praying, and studying Buddhism. I became very absorbed in meditation, notably during an intense prayer period and during the contemplation of the Heart sutra of perfect wisdom by Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara. At a point during the contemplation of the Suttra a group of the Buddhist Deitys appeared in front of me in the form of a living mandala. At that point it felt as if a point of energy entered me and I understood and percieved the world to be empty, selfless, and unified in the form of a primal energy. I came to have direct knowledge of the universe, its suffering, and the illusory nature of it. I was then propelled into a state of bliss, joy, love and compassion as I had never known. Overwhelmed I stepped outside and on the way I had an out of body experience. I left through a channel of my mind and turned to see myself. I said to myself out side of myself "your are Samantabhadra" Then I returned into myself and said i am Samantabhadra. I later found out that Samantbhadra is the Adi- Buddha and a renowned Bodhisattva. The bliss lasted for three days and then left without a trace.

I was wondering if you all might help me interpret this experience so that i might come to a better understanding of its significance.

Thanks
alex

macros2010

Post by macros2010 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:22 pm

In my early 20s I went to bed one night and suddenly became aware of a hand softly touching my hair.

It stayed there until i fell into sleep which took along time and alot of stress - the sudden awareness that a hand was touching my hair did panic me alittle as time passed..

I awoke around 6am my body stiff from my awkward sleeping position - fell into sleep in a state of fear.

As i stretched and adjusted my self i noticed how beautiful the early morning sun felt coming through the curtains.  In fact, the entire room felt cleansed and peaceful.

Never knew who the owner of this hand was nor why it all happened.
Peace

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”