Sympathy pains ?

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Urielia

Sympathy pains ?

Post by Urielia » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:01 pm

I have an odd story for you all.
I first noticed this when i first went on holiday with my sister.  We had never shared a room before but did on this holiday.

One morning I woke up to find a bruise on my arm, one which looked like a straightish line, so i showed my sister exclaiming that I had no idea where it had come from as i hadn't banged it anywhere.  Her reaction was of shock and laughter, she explained to me that she had previously gone into the bathroom and slipped and banged her arm on the edge of the sink but had no bruise afterwards.  Then some time after the holiday (she lived with my mum and i lived with my dad, only yards away from each other) I woke up one morning to pain in my ankle, slightly swollen, it was rather painful to walk on and again i had no idea what had caused it as i ad not injured myself, so i asked my sister out of humour if she had hurt her ankle, her response was that she had.  The day before she had ran into her house and hit her ankle on the side of the doorframe but recieved no injury.... i did!
No idea what to make of it, is it coincidence?

girlwiththefairytatto

Post by girlwiththefairytatto » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:47 pm

It does happen. My Aunty had a brain aneurysm a few years ago. At the timr it happened my Mum had a real bad headache and I also had a strange stiff neck all day and an uncomfortable feeling in my head. So possibly not coincidrnce

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Should it be instead empathy pains?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:54 pm

Urielia,

I seriously doubt whether these synchronized events could be completely explained away as only being normal coincidences.

Synchronicity is the occurrence of two or more events that appear to be meaningfully related but not causally related (one does not cause the other to happen).

Synchronicity holds that such events are "meaningful coincidences". The concept of synchronicity was first defined by Carl Jung, a Swiss psychiatrist, in the 1920s.

The bruise on your arm was not caused by your sister banging her arm on the edge of the sink.

Your sore ankle was not caused by your sister injuring hers.

GWTFT's auntie's brain aneurysm did not cause her Mum's headache and stiff neck.

But clearly there is something connecting the two otherwise independent events in all these cases.

It is believed that a close psychic connection exists between people who are particularly emotionally attached to each other. This is often especially the case with members of the same family.

There is a well documented strong psycho emotional connection between a mother and her child (at any age), between brothers or between sisters, and even more so between fraternal or identical twins.

One simple explanation for these apparently meaningful coincidences (which is also probably the wrong explanation) is that an energy message jumps the physical distance between the two individuals, and is subsequently picked up and translated into physical symptoms by the receiver's subconscious mind.

The real explanation for these phenomena is likely to be much more complicated and difficult to explain, without you at the same time knowing something about quantum physics.

At subatomic levels (the quantum level) the normally accepted laws of larger scale physics no longer apply.

Messages can move between two points (A and B) without anything jumping or traveling or crossing the physical distance between those two points. It is as though B suddenly gets the message from A, without the message itself ever having been sent across the gap.

Similarly when it comes to psychic energy connections between two closely emotionally involved people it is thought that what A is experiencing can simultaneously become what B is experiencing, without any actual messages being exchanged between them.  

When person A experiences something especially painful or emotionally upsetting, person B's subconscious mind almost instantly knows somehow that A is hurting, but there might be a period of delay between when it knows this and when it changes this knowledge into actual physical symptoms.

Before the physical symptoms appear B might just have an unexplained, illogical feeling that something is wrong with A, but with no obvious reason for feeling like that.

I do not want to by trying to explain this take away the human element of these experiences.  

People who live and love close to each other share psychic connections with each other which although invisible to the physical eye and yet to be explained are very real. They remind us that we all need each other and are each small but still vitally important parts of the same one energy web of life. We are each small but brilliant points of light, inside the mind of God.

There is something intrinsically beautiful and almost sacred about these love connections between close family members, which no quantum physics explanation can or should take anything away from?

Watching out for each others safety and welfare is neither restricted by physical distance, nor by time itself (precognition or retro-cognition).

What a wonderfully inspiring and very human discussion this promises to be!

Thank you both for contributing,

EoT  :smt038

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”