can someone explain these experiences???

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

2bubbits

can someone explain these experiences???

Post by 2bubbits » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:46 am

I've had several out of ordinary experiences in my life and will list here, as briefly as possible, the 3 that stand out most in my mind with the hope that someone out there can explain what is happening.  Is someone trying to get through to me?

1) In 1995-96, prior to our marriage, my fiance and I went to Montreal and I wanted my great grandparents to meet him (now, call this strange, perhaps, since they're both dead so we visited Cote de Neiges Cemetery where they were buried).  When we entered the cemetery, we realized the information office was closed so we were unable to obtain a map to their gravesite.  As it is a huge cemetery and a map is definitely required to find the plot, we felt a little hopeless but decided to try anyway to find its location. As my fiance was driving, he was listening to a heavy metal rock song and I told him I felt it might be disrespectful and, if possible, could he please change the station to something a little more peaceful. I should mention that just prior to saying this, he had asked me how my grandfather passed away and I related to him that the evening he died in October, 1963, my parents and grandparents and great-grandmother were all watching Bonanza on television.  My great-grandmother decided to go upstairs a few minutes after her husband as she was tired and wanted to retire as well for the evening. Everyone else continued to watch the show. Suddenly, while speaking with her husband, he made a loud gasping noise and died of cardiac arrest.  She screamed when she realized what was happening, alerting everyone to go up to the bedroom.  After I said this, I mentioned how difficult it would be to find the gravesite without a map because there were many large angel statues but I remembered going there as a young child with my grandmother and that the tomb was near an angel with a clipped wing. As soon as I said this I went on to ask my fiance to change the music channel as mentioned earlier.  It was then, before he could make a move to change the channel, that we heard static on the radio followed by the Bonanza theme song playing for a few minutes before it went static again and reverted to the heavy metal station!!  And, lo and behold, we were staring at the family burial zone although it was my Grand-mother's cousin's family gravesite (my great-grandparents were nearby I am told).  As we were quite spooked by the Bonanza episode, we quickly turned the car around and left the cemetery. Isn't this quite the coincidence?

2) A few summers ago, my husband and two children and I rented a cottage in the Laurentians in Quebec. We did so with my husband's cousin and his family. One evening while there, I felt quite sad and couldn't get an old girlfriend out of my mind.  She often comes to mind, actually, but that evening I couldn't shake it at all. Her name is Loreana. Loreana passed away from cancer about 7 years prior to our cottage rental. Sitting on the dock, I remember feeling so sad and thinking how she would have loved the location.  I recounted to my family members and my husband's cousin and family how she struggled with the cancer for about 10 years and left 5 children and a devoted husband behind when she died.  Her eldest son passed away several years after she did at the age of 15, of a brain tumour. I told them how awful this must have been for the family who had already lost a wife and mother, etc. I told them that if I could find out two things it would be: 1) Had her husband been able to move on and find happiness with the woman/ marry the woman he introduced to me at his son's funeral? and 2) Was the family able to accept the tragedy of their son's death and move on? The next morning, my husband's cousin's wife and I decided to have a girl's day and explore a nearby village while shopping.  We drove there and parked behind a van bearing an Ontario license plate and Jenn commented on the fact that the plate was from Ontario.  I remember saying that wasn't surprising as there were many tourists from Ontario in the summer in this town. Next, we entered a giftshop and quickly, I noticed myself staring at a young boy that was the exact duplicate of my friend Loreanna. I told Jenn that I believed him to be her son, Nat. Jenn told me I was crazy and still stuck on the whole story I had told them the night before. I decided to call out the name "Steve" because I felt that if Nat was there, his father couldn't be far away as he was too young to get to Quebec on his own!  Jenn told me I was crazy once again but after I called his name, Loreanna's husband, Steve, turned around and recognized me right away.  He asked me if I had met his "GIRLFRIEND" Karen at which I said I had at Michael's funeral (that was his son that had died).  I nudged Jenn and quietly whispered this was answer number one--Steve hadn't married Karen as of yet. Secondly, Steve and Karen looked at each other and Steve said he thought they were missing one of their kids.  Karen reassured him to say that they were all accounted for (she has several kids of her own plus his 4 make for a healthy bunch!) and not to worry because one of the kids had moved on to a better place so they didn't have to worry about him.  After saying this they both chuckled peacefully and that was my answer #2-- they had accepted Michael's passing and moved on, able to find some happiness together. When Jenn and I returned to the van later that afternoon, we noticed Steve and Karen and family returning as well and we realized that of all the places to park, we had parked directly behind his Ontario licence plate!  This is more than a coincidence, considering we each live about 8 hours from this village--how can it be that we both decided to visit the same place the same day without previously planning this together?  I think Loreanna had something to do with it, perhaps?
3) The last story happened during our recent visit to New Orleans. We stayed at the Dauphine Orleans Hotel which they say is haunted.  Little did I know about it being haunted when we booked it!  We stayed in Suite 307 on July 22 and 23, 2012. At approx. 12:15 a.m. of the 23rd, my 9 year-old daughter and I were awakened by our bed shaking quite fiercely and when we both woke up and discussed what we were experiencing and noticed the entire room shaking, I called out to my husband in the bed next to ours (he was sharing the other bed with my 7 year-old son) but hearing nothing, he didn't awaken, continuing to snore in a deep sleep along with my son.  My daughter and I couldn't believe he wasn't hearing or seeing what we were experiencing!  It lasted about 5 minutes or so. The next day I asked at the front desk if there had been an earthquake in New Orleans and was told they never get earthquakes and that it was probably a ghost as the hotel was haunted! The following night we didn't experience anything and I must admit, we didn't see a ghost, we just felt this loud rumbling and shaking of our entire bed and room!  I didn't call down to the desk as it had been so hot that week that I really thought it was a mild earthquake!  I even chatted with other guests in the pool area and they said they didn't feel anything resembling an earthquake that same night! Today I checked the website on haunted hotels in New Orleans and it's listed as #4 most haunted and also, the article even mentions that sometimes people experience a shaking of their bed during the early hours of the the morning--exactly what we felt and heard!  If my daughter hadn't experienced it at my side, I would have thought I had been dreaming but that's obviously not the case!

Why am I experiencing these strange phenomena?

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”