Real ghost photo......

Discuss experienced paranormal activities, share in other experiences and view/upload sightings of all things paranormal.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

wow

Real ghost photo......

Post by wow » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi

Just wanted to get your views on this picture that was taken by a friends child. The picture was taken on a mobile phone my friends little girl was messing around and taking pictures of the garden. At there time there was no figure in the garden at all but when they looked through the photos saw this. If you look closing you can see the outlined of old-fashioned clothes and the figure is kind of see -through. Views anyone ghost or not?
Attachments
ghost.jpg
ghost.jpg (75.15 KiB) Viewed 7057 times

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:00 am

It is really interesting.I want to know more about this.
symulhaqu07eee

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:13 am

We need to know much more information about this, before we would be able to make an informed judgement as to whether or not this is likely to be a ghost.

Time of day, angle at which it was taken through the glass in the window, whether there was a real person outside who was just out of viewing range, the resolution of the camera in the mobile phone (expressed in mega-pixels), were there bright lights on in the room from where she was taking the photo, or someone else standing behind her at the time???????

Especially now that we have digital photography, the eyes cannot always automatically believe what they first see. You need to progressively rule out or eliminate all the everyday, physical but not half as entertaining explanations as to why this happened, before going on to label it as a paranormal phenomenon or genuine ghost.

If it did turn out to be a real ghost (my impressions are that it is not, but I could be proved incorrect), the fact of it being dark worries me.

Most of these dark shadow figures are likely to be either unfriendly, malicious or just plain evil entities.

I am wondering if anyone who was there at the time she took the photo felt something was wrong, but could not logically explain why they felt that way. That would be even better evidence that it was paranormal.

EoT :smt017

wow

Post by wow » Sat May 11, 2013 9:37 pm

HI,

sorry for the delay in replaying. I'm not 100% sure on all the details as it was taken by a friends child. Basically it was light in the afternoon and she was just playing around on the mobile phone taking pictures from the kitchen window. There where a couple of other people in the kitchen and all said there 100% was no one in the garden. However the lady who lives in the house says she had been expericening some horrible experiences and that the house was haunted. She said she thought the house was haunted by a man and had infact moved to 3 different houses but in all houses had experinced haunting and she thinks it has followed her?

stephybabes92

Post by stephybabes92 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:31 pm

That looks like a woman in that photo..
Ghosts don't appear on camera though do they??
I think it could be a prank, photoshopped or something x
x x x x x x x x Stephanie x x x x x x x x
             Live a life of love
                  Jesus is Lord! †

stephybabes92

Post by stephybabes92 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:33 pm

it's legs are really odd???
x x x x x x x x Stephanie x x x x x x x x
             Live a life of love
                  Jesus is Lord! †

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

I have already completely ruled out any suggestion of conscious fraud or deceit

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat May 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Stephanie,

Ghosts sometimes do appear on cameras. Often when they are invisible to our naked eyes.

Haven't you heard of spirit photography?

I do not believe that the child is capable of or trying to deceive us into believing that she really captured that image on her mobile phone, when she actually photo shopped or digitally altered it to look like a ghost.

There was never any suggestion by me that this image was fraudulent.

I was questioning about how the photo was taken, who took it, what type of camera was being used, as well as the time of day and the position of the lights inside the room from where the picture was taken through the window. And what else was inside the room (its layout).

I suspect that the image has been produced by a reflection of something in the room on the inside of the window glass, and further distorted by the low resolution (number of mega-pixels) of the average camera found in a mobile phone.

Our minds have an inborn tendency to see something which is not actually there, also demonstrated when we see animal shapes and other things in clouds of organising random shapes into images of something familiar to us.

Depending upon how old the child is and how affected she is by constantly hearing the stories about her home being haunted, her mind could be ordering what is merely a distorted reflection into what she really believes is the resident ghost.

But without details of the layout of objects inside that room, we will probably never know exactly what happened. I would be looking for more solid evidence of the paranormal than this photo, before I was ready to rule out the more everyday and far less exciting possible physical reasons behind this phenomenon.

But I have already completely ruled out any suggestion of conscious fraud or deceit by the girl child.  

EoT  :smt024

wow

Post by wow » Sun May 12, 2013 7:33 pm

stephybabes92 wrote:That looks like a woman in that photo..
Ghosts don't appear on camera though do they??
I think it could be a prank, photoshopped or something x
I can assure you the photo has not been played with or photoshopped. It's not a prank either as what's the point? When you actually zoom in close you can see that it looks like the figure is wearing an old fashioned military coat. The photo has now been sent off to be closely looked at and to prove its not a fake :)

wow

Post by wow » Sun May 12, 2013 7:36 pm

sorry i think I should also add the little girl who took the photo is only 5 and therefore has no idea how to even use photoshop or to make it out to be a ghost

wow

Re: I have already completely ruled out any suggestion of conscious fraud or deceit

Post by wow » Sun May 12, 2013 7:39 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote:Stephanie,

Ghosts sometimes do appear on cameras. Often when they are invisible to our naked eyes.

Haven't you heard of spirit photography?

I do not believe that the child is capable of or trying to deceive us into believing that she really captured that image on her mobile phone, when she actually photo shopped or digitally altered it to look like a ghost.

There was never any suggestion by me that this image was fraudulent.

I was questioning about how the photo was taken, who took it, what type of camera was being used, as well as the time of day and the position of the lights inside the room from where the picture was taken through the window. And what else was inside the room (its layout).

I suspect that the image has been produced by a reflection of something in the room on the inside of the window glass, and further distorted by the low resolution (number of mega-pixels) of the average camera found in a mobile phone.

Our minds have an inborn tendency to see something which is not actually there, also demonstrated when we see animal shapes and other things in clouds of organising random shapes into images of something familiar to us.

Depending upon how old the child is and how affected she is by constantly hearing the stories about her home being haunted, her mind could be ordering what is merely a distorted reflection into what she really believes is the resident ghost.

But without details of the layout of objects inside that room, we will probably never know exactly what happened. I would be looking for more solid evidence of the paranormal than this photo, before I was ready to rule out the more everyday and far less exciting possible physical reasons behind this phenomenon.

But I have already completely ruled out any suggestion of conscious fraud or deceit by the girl child.  

EoT  :smt024
Hi thank you for your detailed reply. I will try and get all of those details. The little girl who took the photo is only 5 and was playing around on her mums phone. When you zoom in the figure appears to be wearing a miltary coat of some sort and is see-through. Fingers crossed i can get more info for you. Thank you for taking the time to reply :)

kayemwarren

Post by kayemwarren » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:00 pm

This is a very interesting photo indeed. Are there anymore details that you can share with us about the photo; where abouts was the photo taken? Do you know any of the history of the area where this photo was taken? I don't believe that this photo is photo shopped for two reasons. One being that I use Photoshop on a regular basis for school. It is a very difficult process to place the outline of a figure and still be able to keep the glare of the glass just so (you can see that the glass is layered over the figure). Two being that this figure does not cast a shadow, which would mean that it is less likely that it is a physically adamant object. The figure seems to be wearing clothing from the WW1 period (I actually did some research as to what was worn in that time), both the jacket and hairstyle match. However this brings up more questions than it answers. Here is a picture of the jacket that I think the figure might be wearing.

Take care,

Kaye
Attachments
coat.jpg
coat.jpg (26.11 KiB) Viewed 6623 times

revangabriel

Post by revangabriel » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:49 pm

That has got to be one of the scariest photos I've ever seen.

Has the photo come back yet, to prove whether its fake or not?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:31 pm

revangabriel wrote:That has got to be one of the scariest photos I've ever seen.

Has the photo come back yet, to prove whether its fake or not?
The photo was taken by a friend's child on a mobile phone, so it is digital and therefore does not need to come back from being chemically developed.

It also significantly reduces the possibility that the image ha been tampered with or digitally manipulated with the malicious intention to deceive the observer.

One source of comfort to me in all this is that the phantom image was probably completely invisible to the young girl concerned at the time it was captured.

She was simply taking random photos of the garden outside of that window, and the shadow person only revealed himself (?) when the photos were examined after the end of the session.

Since we believe that she never saw it, there was no reason for her to experience any fear from its presence.

But it could well have made the adults who were looking at the photos fear for the girl's safety in the future if it returned, especially as how can you protect a child from something or someone which or who is invisible to the naked eye.

EoT  :smt017

revangabriel

Post by revangabriel » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:21 am

If you look further up at one of the OP's messages, she wrote "The photo has now been sent off to be closely looked at and to prove its not a fake :)"

Although considering it is a digital photo I'm not sure where it can possibly be sent to to prove whether its fake or not.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:20 am

Point taken. I missed that part.

I also wonder to whom the photos were sent for validation, as with the child being so young, I do not think that there is any suggestion that she has altered or is capable of altering the original.

And I fail to understand why any of the adults involved would have anything to gain by digitally altering them either.

I take them at their face value as being completely genuine.

EoT  :smt101

Return to “Paranormal Phenomena”