Tips for Meditation?

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Tips for Meditation?

Post by swetha » Wed May 09, 2007 5:22 am

hello,
can someone give some tips on how to meditate regularly..maybe for just 10 min but may be chalk out the correct process...?

Raja.ch

speed meditation tips

Post by Raja.ch » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:19 am

Hi swetha,
             Here is the answer for your question.In order to meditate fast you need to have a relaxing experience before.i mean you meditate for at least thirty days for thirty minutes before you attempt to meditate fast.

Regards,
Raja

jovi

Tips for meditation

Post by jovi » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:48 pm

Hello Swetha,
before going to meditation, there ae some aspects to follow. ill give you point wise. try them and enjoy the happiness in meditation

1.have loose pyjama type dress
2.sit on the floor or on a chair in room with doors closed.dont lock it from inside. there will be knock
3.take deep breath 5 or 6 times.concentrate on your breathing.breath with stomach.
4.then sit for 10 mts calmly, giving auto sujjestion to your mind that you are going to practice meditation with all the sincrety.
5.close your eyes.
6.think as if you are sitting undera shower.imagine, the water is slowly pouring from your head to the following organs in seriatum
Mind you if you forget one organ dont try to go back to that organ.for get about that, or else, your mind will be  disturbed

Imagine that the water is trickling on

forehead, eyebrows,ears, eye lids,nose, lips cheeks, chin, neck,  front side of the chest, breasts, back side ,shoulders, forearm, wrist and fingers,stomach, groin,genetal organ, thighs front and back,knees front and back, calf musscles front and back, ankles, foot, heels  and then fingers of the foot.

Imagine that water is going out from you body through the fingers on the foot and along with it , it is taking away all the stress in your body.

Now. slowly breath in and out, and try to chant a name of the two sylable gods name or imagine apicture of a god in your mind.try to concentrate on it.

forget, even if your mind wavers and do not lie steadily. thoughts will come and go and some time you ll forge that your meditating and you may go into sleep. no problem. with practice, you ll get perfection.
sit comfortably in the same posture  for 20 mts.

then slowly open your eys.rub with both hands ,the face, chest ,hands and legs.slowly -very slowly you get up. dont get up suddenly or else, the bllod will rush into your head and you ll get dizziness.FINISH.THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR MEDITATION IS OVER.PRACTICE FOR FULL 6 MONTHS..YOU LL ACHIEVE MAZING RESULTS

mystic7

Post by mystic7 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:06 am

Swetha...

There is no real "correct" process. No right or wrong. Read some different meditations on the web.. there are many out there. Choose one that you feel comfortable with and practice it daily for a few days. Evaluate if it is working for you. If so, continue. If not, try a different meditation. Build up from 10 mins once or twice a day to an hour or more as you feel comfortable. The results are incredible.

Mystic

neonwave

Post by neonwave » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:39 pm

Recently, I have been using certain CD's that work very well. They are very relaxing and I can almost guarantee that they work. Any questions just ask.

mystic7

Post by mystic7 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:29 am

Neon...

I suppose that CD's are ok to get to learn the meditative procedure. But the problem with them is that if you want to meditate somewhere and don't have your CD's then you are up the proverbial creek. IMHO it is far better to learn how to meditate by experiential practice so that it is always with you when you need it!

Just my $.02 worth...
Mystiic

neonwave

Post by neonwave » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:32 am

Yeah, I know. I tried doing it without my MP3 player, but since I'm ADHD I can't concentrate on anything. With the music I found that I could concentrate on one part of the music. Like the violins or something like that. It really helped me out to be able to concentrate. Also, after using the music for about 3 months I am starting to try and not use them as much, but there are different CD's for different effects. One can be for deep meditation and another can be for deep sleep or even awakening your mind to learning. I like the variety that the CD's give me.

namrayogi

Post by namrayogi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:06 pm

hi,

kind of paradoxal .. meditation is a relaxing practice and you want to do it fast ;) well, technically speaking, restlessness is coming from overactivity in the solar plexus, in normal words, your belly area. in my opinion you should focus on the tip of your nose and forget the rest, e.g. make it the center of your Being. this style of meditation is also recommended in the bhagavad gita. personally, I have very good experiences with it, it tends to rebalance your chakra's in a safe and natrual way, which in turns gives great peace of mind, great for deep meditation.

good luck

neonwave

Post by neonwave » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:40 pm

Thankyou very much for your insight namrayogi! It is very helpful.

mystic7

Post by mystic7 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:07 pm

I would have to agree with namrayogi here. Too many people are looking for an instant "fix" in life. We live in a "McDonald's Special" society.

This is about as contrary to the meditative process as can be. So many become disappointed in their progress because they simply try too hard!  Meditation needs to become a place of quietness and relaxation, not another place to try to succeed!

Mystic

Forest Of Mysteries

Post by Forest Of Mysteries » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:05 pm

neonwave wrote:Yeah, I know. I tried doing it without my MP3 player, but since I'm ADHD I can't concentrate on anything. With the music I found that I could concentrate on one part of the music. Like the violins or something like that. It really helped me out to be able to concentrate. Also, after using the music for about 3 months I am starting to try and not use them as much, but there are different CD's for different effects. One can be for deep meditation and another can be for deep sleep or even awakening your mind to learning. I like the variety that the CD's give me.
I would suggest that you investigate mantras then. Just a simple fixed chant that you repeat over and over and over, get yourself a string of beads 108 to be precise and with each chant move along a bead so that you know when you have done the 108 and come to the end of the beads, these two combined will help calm your mind and your body and than before long you will be able to find peace in your mantas.

So many confuse meditation with visualisation, the two are very different, meditation is stilling the mind and thinking quite literally of nothingness, visualistaion helps us to visit situations, meet guides and sort problems or empower our lives with manifestations.

.. there is a wolf in every forest, just some are hidden in the shadows..

TRACEY BOTHA

candle

Post by TRACEY BOTHA » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:12 pm

I take a candle and light it then close my eyes and relax each part of my body, when I am completly relaxed I open my eyes and concentrate on the flame, letting thoughts drift through my mind I have not been doing this for very long but it seems to work for me,each time I find myself relaxing deeper.

TRACEY BOTHA

Meditation screensaver

Post by TRACEY BOTHA » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:27 pm

With reference to not having to be alone or with closed eyes in order to meditate. I use a meditation screen saver at work to meditate during lunch and tea break,it refreshes the mind and soul.

Anybody who would like it can ask.

believer

Meditation

Post by believer » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:39 am

What are the names of the cd's that help with meditation.  So far I have taken a class, read some books, held crystals in my hands while breathing counting my breaths and still can't get to where I need to be.  Thanks for any suggestions that worked for you.  :smt006

ksri10

hello,

Post by ksri10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:22 am

HELLO SWETHA,

MEDITATION CAN BE EASY OR COMPLEX. ALL DEPENDS ON US AND OUR PSYCHE.
THE MOST EASIEST IS TO SIT OR LIE DOWN IN A DARK QUIET ROOM AND BREATHE COMFORTABLY, TAKING SLOW BUT DEEP AND COMFORTABLE BREATHS, FEELING THE COOL AIR GOING DEEP INTO YOUR BELLY AS YOU INHALE AND WARM USED AIR LEAVING YOUR BODY AS YOU EXHALE. THOUGHTS MAY COME IN A BIG WAY. BUT TRY CONCENTRATING ON YOUR OWN COOL DEEP AND COMFORTABLE BREATH.
SLOWLY LISTEN TO THE SOUND OF YOUR OWN BREATH. THE SOUND OF "SO" AS YOU INHALE AND "HAAM" AS YOU EXHALE.
FEEL THE BREATH CARRYING THE LIFE GIVING PRAANA ENTERING EACH AND EVERY CELL OF YOUR BODY AS YOU INHALE. FEEL THE NEGATIVITIES LEAVING YOUR BODY WITH EACH EXHALATION.
PLEASE PRACTICE EVERY DAY FOR A PERIOD OF ATLEAST 10 MINUTES. SLOWLY WHEN YOU FIND, OVER  A PERIOD OF TIME, YOUR MIND STILLING  YOU CAN GO FOR OTHER COMPLEX METHODS OF MEDITATION.
THE ABOVE TECHINIQUE IS ONE OF THE BEST BECAUSE IT IS VERY SIMPLE FOR ANY ONE TO PRACTICE FOR LIFE.
BUT PLEASE REMEMBER THAT MEDITATION, LIKE FOOD, HAS TO BE INDULGED IN, EVERYDAY, FOR BEST RESULTS.

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”