Grounding exercise

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

aelis2004

Grounding exercise

Post by aelis2004 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:15 pm

Stand barefoot if possible so you get a good contact with your feet and the ground. Feet a bit apart, as much as it feels comfortable to you, usually about a foot, but less will also do. Straighten up your body, let your arms hang along your body, palms inside. Close your eyes if that helps you to concentrate.
Feel energy coming up from the ground into your feet. Grow roots from your feet downwards into the ground. Think about them. How are they? Thin, thick, straight, contorted, spread out? Once you have imagined your roots start to feel them and draw up energy through them. You'll feel it in your feet and then little by little use your thought and your breathing in to draw it up through out your body and the chakras
1st chakra (genitals, pubis and a bit further up) red, 2nd chakra (lower belly up to your navel) orange, 3rd chakra (navel to diaphragm) yellow, 4th chakra (the heart) green, 5th chakra (the throat) blue, 6th chakra (third eye) indigo, 7h chakra (crown of the head) violet. If you can manage that feel the energy going out gently from the top of your head.
Your arms and hands should feel very relaxed and heavy, warming up little by little. Pull the energy up to your elbows and shoulders. If you find it difficult just imagine your blood flowing and you'll feel it ok.
Stay there, grounded for a while, as much as you like or it feels comfortable. Then, little by little start moving your fingers, your hands, feel your feet and then as last open your eyes. It is a very simple exercise and it will make you feel so much better! Try doing that when you get out of bed in the morning or anytime you feel stressed out! :) You won't imagine, but I can do that sitting on my office chair as well and that works wonders!

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:09 pm

hello Aelis,
this really sounds good. will try it out tomorrow. and let u know how i feel about it.
thanks
swetha

div_tan

Post by div_tan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:39 pm

This grounding exercise is amazing, I feel like the clogs in my energy field are cleaned up and the divine energy is flowing smoothly, I told my wife about this and she also felt the same, Great exercise it also relaxes me and improves my concentration, more over people are getting attracted to me and talking more to me.

This is a great exercise and Once again thanks for sharing it with the world.

Best Regards,
Divakar.

sharpenup

Post by sharpenup » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:55 am

:) just tried it sitting here at the computer.  It's a great relaxer.  I love it.   :)

Have a great day

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:42 am

it is! I am glad you liked it!  :)

Crystal_Crone

Post by Crystal_Crone » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:31 am

Hey, that works for me.  I need it often nowadays it seems.
It is always good knowing I can start my day over at any
give moment.
All we have is this moment anyway.
Thanks for the reminder.

corgar

Energizing!

Post by corgar » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:34 pm

It felt like delightful earthy pop rocks travelling up my whole body.  Thank you for a simple and wonderful holistic exercise I can do at work or anywhere.  Delightful and refreshing!

-Courtney

zurux

Post by zurux » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:07 pm

It's okay and easy...
tried it, nice....

Jade Rose

Post by Jade Rose » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:27 pm

Thank you for this!  I really needed to feel grounded.

Jade Rose

carmen9234

Sounds just like what I need

Post by carmen9234 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:14 am

Hi,  

I just found this website.  I have been trying to get back to basics as far as meditation and spiritual practice are concerned.  This sounds like the perfect way to start.

carmen

vorjetpv

Post by vorjetpv » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:41 pm

great exercise! Thanks for sharing

P

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”