Art of Living

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sdhar43

Art of Living

Post by sdhar43 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:27 am

A group in India has been formed named Art of Living. Mental cure through meditation I think. Can anybody explain the aims,objective and effectiveness of this meditation ?

chefferren

Post by chefferren » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:59 am

I recently went to an informational meeting about the Art of Living.  The technique is a special kind of circular breathing, movements and teachings by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar in his voice.  He was a student of the Maharishi but broke away from him.  There is some criticism surrounding him and the group but what group doesn't have criticism?  I was impressed by what I saw but have not been formerly trained in the technique to comment any further.  Some other people at the meeting were in local health care and youth programs and had wonderful testimonials to say about it, though.

Barbaras Ahajustsde

Post by Barbaras Ahajustsde » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:56 am

I would imagine any such group would be beneficial if it has the well being of the client at the heart of their group.  

I don't suffer from mental illness but I live with 2 bi-polars and wish they would use hypnosis and meditation to help themselves.   If it can help those who don't suffer, than why not be able to help those who do suffer?  They can't change their situations but with practice could very well reach their own place of peace, too.

Barbara

ec

Post by ec » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:53 am

for your friends you could also look at "brainstate"

prabakaran_cad

Post by prabakaran_cad » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:17 pm

Art Of Living is providing a very good meditation program.

They are having a basic course and also advanced course.

Their basic course gives some basics of living with lot of examples and Finally with a Beautiful meditation program called SUDHARSANA KRIYA

The core logic of the SUDHARSANA KRIYA is given below

There is a very close relation ship between our breath and our feelings.

If you are relaxed then you breath pattern will be very smooth, even you don't know you are breathing or not.
But when you are angry you will be breathing fast.

In this SUDHARSANA KRIYA this logic is reversed. i.e By controlling the rythm of the breath you can regulate you feelings and thought.

This is very effective.

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”