what do you think about brainwave entrainment?

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

desperate788

what do you think about brainwave entrainment?

Post by desperate788 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:22 pm

I don't know if it can be considered mystic but it's for sure an alternative therapy. You can relax, get calm even improve your memory or quit smoking by different variations of brainwave entrainment. İf you google brainwave entrainment you will find necessary information. I wonder what you think about this...

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:31 pm

The Power of Positive Thought by Dr. Rev. Norman Vincent Peale was on the bookshelves in the 50s and continues to have a prominent place in self awareness book stores.  We  have always known that affirming our own good will change our mind set and set us up for positive actions throughout our day.

astertix

there is also brainwave stimulation softwares

Post by astertix » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:55 am

These softwares claims that can improve the functioning of the brain by not using chemicals like vitamins and other food supliments other than normal nourishment

chefferren

Post by chefferren » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:49 pm

I've been using Holosync  since last December and my husband is using it too.  It's all about balancing the right and left hemispheres of your brain.  When I read the Mayan Calendar and the Transformation of Consciousness I couldn't believe how it talked about the right and left hemispheres of the earth and how our brains are microcosms of the universe.  It's totally all related.  I'm a big believer in binaural beats.  I've meditated for a long time and asked my Tibetan Buddhist lama about it.  The Dalai Lama is totally into science so I thought surely there's some connection.  My lama asked a very well known scholar who integrates Buddhist contemplative practices with Western science to advance the study of the mind.  He said there is no scientific data to back it up and didn't really speak highly of it.  But that's okay because I have my own mind and opinion and I think it's a good thing.  A very good thing. ;)

Removed sales link... Rhutobello site admin

Barbaras Ahajustsde

Post by Barbaras Ahajustsde » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:37 am

Makes sense to me.  
Those who work with the left side of their brain to much end up being intelligent, but lack to social skills that we seem to derive from the right side of our brain. The same with the right.  

Being to right minded, we tend to lack the ability to concentrate or learn.

One of my son in laws has a very high IQ.  But he lacks the social skills in relating to people.  His sense of humor is much different from one who has a normal IQ.

I will most likely be corrected by someone using their left side more so than their right side. :)
Just my observations.

Barbara

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”