POWERS

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Thu May 08, 2008 5:52 pm

Doe wrote:LG, I agree with you to a point.  What I'm talking about more, however, are those "off-the-cuff" thoughts that flash through my mind.  Sometimes I'll "hear" myself thinking these horrible, intolerant, prejudiced, etc. thoughts--things that I really don't (or hope I don't) feel or think in "real life".  And sometimes--again, because I feel that someone else is paying attention, and I can't just always pass them off as anomalies in my thinking--I now have to make myself stop and examine WHY I would have thought that.  Is it something I still have to work on, even though I just love to think of myself as the most tolerant, non-prejudiced human being ever?  :smt005   And at times it turns out that I DO have more to work on.  It's good to know that.

But I'd prefer to acknowledge these things to myself, and work on them in my own mind, without those who might be hurt by those thoughts and attitudes being aware of them.  It certainly wouldn't help them to know that I thought that way, and might even do real damage.  In those cases, being "brutally honest" doesn't seem like the best way to go.  (My mother prides herself on "telling it like it is", regardless of others' feelings, but she has hurt me and others very badly sometimes by doing that.)  Sometimes things are best worked on in private.

Doe
When I say being honest, I mean being honest by your own heart. If a prejudice is a prejudice, then it is learnt and of the mind? These are the things we can change in ourselves.

In terms of the thoughts you believe to be not of you, perhaps they are not always of you? It is in these moments we have to step back, notice our surroundings and quiet the mind.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Thu May 08, 2008 6:52 pm

If I could read minds, I could do all kinds of good things! Sounds good! Until you begin to see that you would be upsetting the natural balances of the universe and that would be very destructive if you don't understand it all. What do you think? :smt005

taabi

powers

Post by taabi » Tue May 20, 2008 1:01 am

Hmm Interesting topic.
Telepathy a good choice.  The best and worst that would happen if we had telepathy would be absolute honesty.  :smt003

ravenuriel

Post by ravenuriel » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:21 am

you would have to use your own judgment on what you listened to and what you didnt..
if it is your power .. then you have to decide.. what you do with it..

ssrbt

whats that

Post by ssrbt » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:48 am

I still don't understand about powers. Pls  give me details about it

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:11 pm

I'd say having psychokinetic powers (if that's what you meant) would be really practical. From another forum I'm in, we practice different kinds of manipulation eg: fire, electric, water. I'm currently trying to use the Law of Attractin to improve my skills drastically so that I can heat food up without the oven, charge my iPhone without a charger etc etc. Yes, I do fantasize a lot, excuse a teenager's brain =3

visshu

Post by visshu » Thu May 07, 2009 1:55 pm

until unless powers are defined it is hard to say that ther may harm or hel in what ways so list some u would be interested in....

sidchowdary

Re: POWERS

Post by sidchowdary » Thu May 14, 2009 1:37 am

no danger in attraction to powers

but power in wrong hands will destroy this nature

Omega7154

Post by Omega7154 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:02 pm

Why would you ask such a question, and then ask the one who answers you whether they really want to answer you? I understand your a polarity responder, and you understand you can stop that now! Don't you? That's right...if your going to be difficult with those you ask for advice from then perhaps you should continue on your path of "self-help."

laurabeme

meditation

Post by laurabeme » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:21 am

does anyone know where i can go and download some free meditation music or something that i can meditate to

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”