Positive Affirmations

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Positive Affirmations

Post by swetha » Fri May 12, 2006 11:49 am

Positive affirmations are sentences repeated many times in order to make an impact on your subconscious mind and set in motion your ability to focus on the situation you would like to achieve or produce. Positive affirmations are a way to make you feel better about yourself so that you can become empowered to believe in yourself and know that you are praiseworthy. You can repeat your positive affirmations, what you need to feel, believe, or want, silently or out loud to yourself, over and over, until you believe that affirmation in your mind. In everyday life, positive affirmations can be used to reprogram your mind from the negative thoughts or fears that you may have to positive ones. Positive affirmations can help you feel better about yourself so that you can take control of your life. They are a means of self improvement. However, affirmations do not make things happen. You do. You become more strong and independent the more you believe in yourself.

By using the same saying over and over you begin to believe the statement. The left side of the brain needs to explore the saying and then pass it to the right side of the brain. The right side of your brain is not worried with judgment, only the emotions that you feel. The brain will accept the thought and turn it to a positive feeling. Anxiety and unconstructive feelings will disappear. A new self confidence will come to light. Positive affirmations are similar to visualizations that you may use in meditations . The words you repeat build mental images in your mind. The words help to focus on the object or situation you want to achieve , believe, or create. Frequent repetitions make the subconscious mind accept them, and then it influences and affects the way you think, act and behave.

It is best to repeat affirmations that are not too lengthy. A short sentence or even a word is enough. They can be repeated, when your mind is not occupied by something in particular, such as waiting in line at the supermarket, walking, meditating, etc. You should repeat the positive affirmations as many times as you feel necessary in a day. It is very important to choose only positive affirmations and to affirm in the present tense, not the future tense. You want to feel better about yourself now, not down the road! The subconscious mind always accepts what we tell it, therefore only tell yourself positive things. Negativity breeds negativity. Positive affirmations change negative thoughts to positive ones. Strive for the positive always!

You may say the affirmation out loud to make it more real, or try looking in the mirror while repeating it. You can also write your affirmation down and keep it with you, look at it often. Writing the affirmation in a journal and keeping track of the progress you are making toward your goal of believing in yourself can really help you as well. When you release negative emotions such as fear, guilt, anger, hate, etc. and replace them with positive ones you know you are attaining what you have set out to do. You are empowering yourself! You are recreating yourself as someone loving, beautiful and nurturing. You are relearning to love and believe in yourself.

Possible affirmations can be as simple as: “I am very confident“, “I forgive myself“, “My body is beautiful“, “I have peace within“, “I am relaxed and happy“, or simply “I am loved“. Use whatever is important to you! Whatever you need in your life at this time. Just remember to stay positive and in the present! By using the influence of positive affirmations you build what you want for your life.

You must believe in your self in order to move along in your journey. You can´t question everything you do or have done nor can you allow others to keep you from moving forward by putting their unpleasant ways of thinking on you! Use the positive affirmations that fit you best and believe in yourself. You are wonderful.

DivineDove
sacred-connections.us

Emelita

Post by Emelita » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:18 pm

I used possitive affirmation technique in my own pray which i created for myself and it has amazing effect. Everything went in my wishes...

ravenuriel

Post by ravenuriel » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:38 am

Using Positive affirmations is a wonderful tool to re harmonize a dis harmony in the mind and body..
just make sure that you word them correctly because the thought is heard by the subconscious.. and therefore needs to be worded.. just right

ie your leg hurts..
wrong phrase..
my leg pain is gone

right phrase..

the feeling in my leg is warm and peacful.. my leg feels completely healthy..

greenhermit

Post by greenhermit » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:14 am

This can come in very handy for me as I try to build confidence. Thanks for sharing with us!

Maris

emile coue

Post by Maris » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:38 am

You can try to read about father of autosuggestion - Emile Coue.

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”