podcast meditations?

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

jamers

podcast meditations?

Post by jamers » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:15 am

I have a hard time meditating.  I've found a couple of meditations on podcast that help me with it.  I feel like if i'm being walked through the meditation and listening to it then I can focus better.  Does anyone know of any podcast meditations or meditations on cd?  I'm also just learning so any tips or advice would be great!  I would also like to know if theres any meditations to do to meet my spirit guide...if thats at all possible.  I think also part of my problem is that i'm not sure what to focus on when i'm meditating...if that makes sense?  If I have the one on podcast then it walks me through what i'm supposed to be focusing on.  Like I said i'm new at this so ANY help would be great!! Thanks!! :)

Spiritwhisperer

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:20 am

I have found some really good guided meditations via youtube, (which I listen to via my phone and earphones) I always concentrate on my breathing, as that is the only way I can close my thoughts and become aware of what is around me.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Meditation is an exercise for our own minds.  Allowing a hypnotic tape to take you into ultered states of consciousness is giving away your own control of your own mind.  It is just not the best way to find your own inner strength and peace.  

All of us have active minds.  As soon as we set the stage for our meditation, we will find the mind trying to bring different thoughts.  Return the mind to your own focus and take charge of the exercise.

jamers

Post by jamers » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:02 am

Thanks to the both of you!

Spiritalk, my issue is that I don't know what to think about or basically how to meditate on something that I come up with on my own.  I have a lot of anxiety sometimes and my mind is on constant repeat of the crap thats going on in my life.  I have tried to calm these thoughts down and sometimes it works for a little bit but I don't sleep at night because my mind is always on.  These podcasts or guided meditations give me something to think about other than all the worries I have going on.  Eventually I hope to get away from the guided meditations but i'm a beginner and have no idea of what I need to focus on.  I completely get what your saying though and wish I knew more about meditation.

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”