Basics - Dream Technique

Learn meditation techniques to relax and improve your own thought processes.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Levi

Basics - Dream Technique

Post by Levi » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:32 am

What did you dream of last night? Any moments?

Try this first. Everytime when you get up in the morning, don't get up. Don't keep your eyes open. Keep your eyes closed and think back to the last thing you can remember. Repeat it at least 5 times. Open your eyes, repeat again at least 5 times. Get dressed, then reflect again.

Do this every morning. Varying between different people, you may have more than 3 times your lifelong memory that you never would think you have experienced :) It may also improve your visual thinking ability and have your dream make more sense as well as improved clarity over time......as to the later talents that may arrise from this..it can vary per person. I will let you discover for yourself what is inside you :)

Levi

A note

Post by Levi » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:34 am

A note....it can often help if you take some time and write down a full record of events that happened in your dream on paper or on computer. Look back at it later and see if you can recall the same thing ;) Sometimes you'd be surprised at somethings you may discover ;)

dayanera

Post by dayanera » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:55 pm

To control your dreams you need to be able to control your mind...to tell the mind not to dream a certain thing or to  repeat a dream...It takes a little practric but it can be done..I have train myself to wake up if I don't like the dream...I can start a dream right where I left off if I get woke up..I can continue dreams from  night to night...or not ... etc..this what I mean by control your mind...the mind picks up on threads of what it is told ..It holds some it dismisses some...the more it hears a phrase the more it picks up on it...So you are always positive with what you want ..Like...before going to sleep  say..I WILL NOT dream bad things or I WILL have pleasant dreams that sort of thing ...you tell the mind to wake you if the dream is unpleasant..and etc..it will do as you tell it too if you do it often enough to make a pattern for it to recall.... :smt002

Levi

Post by Levi » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:33 pm

Dayanera! I didn't knew I'd hear from another who have achieved this :)

".I have train myself to wake up if I don't like the dream...I can start a dream right where I left off if I get woke up..I can continue dreams from  night to night."
These techniques can be quite fun, but time is a key factor, as well as practice. If it is not practiced for a period of time, the skill is lost. I havn't had time to concentrate on such activities for at least a few years..

zurux

Post by zurux » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:32 pm

try lucid dreams , though it looks easy to achieve, i only make it when i ain't stressed.
lately i am quite tensed with my study and relationship, so i hav no time to do rt or reality test...
hope i can make it back soon cuz i can control everything there and kill any1 i hate in my lucid dream:)

djdylan2000

This is Great

Post by djdylan2000 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:59 am

Thanks for the tip

jenn-b

Post by jenn-b » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:50 am

I can continue my dreams that happen during the same night, but wow--you're able to continue dreams from night-to-night.  That's impressive!

jstrasi

Post by jstrasi » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:59 pm

Actually stopping the dream and continuing it isnt a problem, when you arent really asleep.. atleast in my case. But I have had instances where in I have had weird dreams, ones you feel you were actually in. But when I wake up in the morning, I only have the feeling and no matter how much I try I cant remember them... Of course I am able to recollect it, but only when its actually happening again in front of me.

Problem is... at times you dont know when its reality and when you are dreaming..

Have you guys had similar problems? if so, what have you done to deal with it ?

Return to “Meditation and Mind Improvement”